using taxis in disney

tonysmorthit

Earning My Ears
we are going to disney for the first time in october , not hiring a car and wondered what the situation is with taxis, are thay easy to get, and cost, how many people thay take . and what are the courtisy buses like, are thay reliable, would apreciate some feed back

If you are staying on Disney property you will find the transportation great. There are plenty of buses that will take you where you need to go on property.

Taxis are outside of every Disney hotel and theme park. Are you staying onsite at WDW?

Welcome to the DIS.

I agree with safetymom that Disney transportation is very good. I know others will disagree, but when I am on vacation the last thing I want to do is drive. Disney will tranport resort guests to everyplace in WDW via buses, monorail and boats. If you stay offsite you can still use Disney transportation once you get to WDW but it's not nearly as easy as staying on site.
All Disney resorts have taxis waiting oustside their main entrances. If one is not waiting a Disney Cast Member will get one right away.

To address the cab issue.....

We find Disney transportation to be good - as long as you are going "the well traveled path" Resort to resort transportation can be a bear. So can leaving or going to the park when the path is too well traveled. Offsite resort shuttles I've never done, I'm given to understand the quality varies alot depending on which hotel you are at.

For these occations, we use a taxi. Its about $15 a trip BW to MK, about $50 from MCO to BW. As was mentioned, a taxi can be caught where bell services for your resort is. If your party won't fit in a standard cab, a minivan that will fit about seven people can be called - and won't cost you any more money. At the parks, there is a cab stand somewhere near the bus loading area - except MK where its out by the TTC.

Just a few more sample taxi fares we have used.

Broadwalk to Port Orleans French Quarter = 1 way $8 plus tip (Went to ESPN after Illuminations, had dinner and a quick ride home to bed)

Yacht Club to Port Orleans French Quarter = 1 way $8 plus tip (visited with sister at Yacht Club after Illuminations, quick easy ride home to bed)

Pop Century to Port Orleans French Quarter = 1 way $8 plus tip (after a day a the park we took a bus to Pop Century to check out the resort for a trip in October, then we took a cab to FQ...I was to tired to take a bus to a park and then switch to an another bus to FQ)

I never thought I would use taxis at WDW, but never say never!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!