>> Using Pools at Other Resorts - FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to Grand Floridian in a month with my wife and two kids. My cousin, her husband and three kids will be staying at the Beach Club the same week. We will likely want to have some pool time together at both of the resorts if we can. I have read that getting permission from CM's is the best way to do this so we will go that route. So given the above, here are my questions.

1. Are CM's more likely to say yes to two families both staying on property than they would if we were just one family wanting to try out another pool? Anybody have the same circumstance we have?
2. We are staying at Sugar Loaf so do we ask the concierge there? Do we ask the front desk? Do we ask the lifeguard? Who do we ask?
3. Anybody have experience / opinion on which resort is more likely to grant the request, GF or BC?

1. That had no bearing.

2. The Lifeguard

3. Impossible to say. But with the popularity of SAB and after the pool rehabs at GF I wouldn't count on either saying yes.

How about one of the awesome water parks?

Thanks for your replies Maxies Mom and dansdad.

How about one of the awesome water parks?

We may do one day at a waterpark but last time we were at Disney in June, afternoon breaks by the pool in-between morning park and evening park was a daily activity.

We will give it a try. I hope the lifeguards are flexible.

What is SAB?

Storm Along Bay. The huge and awesome pool complex at Beach Club/Yacht Club.

Oh right. That massive pool at BC. Didn't know the name, thanks dansdad. I'm assuming BC has more requests for pool hopping than GF so maybe we will have better luck at GF. We will try both though and I'll report back on my experience.

Oh right. That massive pool at BC. Didn't know the name, thanks dansdad. I'm assuming BC has more requests for pool hopping than GF so maybe we will have better luck at GF. We will try both though and I'll report back on my experience.

You're welcome. I would suggest you temper the kids expectations that it most likely won't happen. I would say you have a zero percent chance at Beach Club and only slightly better at GF. It doesn't hurt to ask, but just don't want disappointed kids at the Happiest Place On Earth.

You're welcome. I would suggest you temper the kids expectations that it most likely won't happen. I would say you have a zero percent chance at Beach Club and only slightly better at GF. It doesn't hurt to ask, but just don't want disappointed kids at the Happiest Place On Earth.

Agreed. Thanks again dansdad.

GF recently aded the dvc villa (we just returned! ) but theydidn't add a villas pool, still just the 2 pools (courtyard and beach pool) so there are many more people vying for lounger. and there aren't many tables with umbrellas. at both the GF and at the Boardwalk (we stayed there after) I would get up early just to snag a pool if we were doing a pool day. getting an umbrellas table in the afternoon is very hard.

I guess I wouldn't be happy if we couldn't get evenlounger at the pool at our own resort and there were peopl using them that aren't staying there.

pool hopping used to be a perk for DVC members, but now more and more pools are not allowed. so even DVC member cannot hop to SAB. or bay lake towers or the uzima pool at AKL.

I never saw anyone checking at the beach club villas pool. no slide, but they have a hot ub. maybe you could try there?

Last edited:

We've stayed at both BC and the GF. Not to be mean but with the resort and DVC the pools get crowded enough without resort guests inviting non resort guest. Imagine if everyone did that! Either stay at the same resort or do the waterparks if kids want to swim together

We've stayed at both BC and the GF. Not to be mean but with the resort and DVC the pools get crowded enough without resort guests inviting non resort guest. Imagine if everyone did that! Either stay at the same resort or do the waterparks if kids want to swim together

I'm glad you won't be deciding our fate! :jester:

I understand your point of view DisneyMomx7. That's why we will leave it up to the CM's / Lifeguards and will not do it on the sly. If they say no I'll be fine with that.

I'm glad you won't be deciding our fate! :jester:

I understand your point of view DisneyMomx7. That's why we will leave it up to the CM's / Lifeguards and will not do it on the sly. If they say no I'll be fine with that.

Well in a way you are deciding that other people may not be able to get lounge chairs/tables etc when you ask to bring other non-resort guest. Sorry but I'm a firm believe in you play where you pay. Why do you think BC/YC is so firm about scanning
magic bands?

Well in a way you are deciding that other people may not be able to get lounge chairs/tables etc when you ask to bring other non-resort guest. Sorry but I'm a firm believe in you play where you pay. Why do you think BC/YC is so firm about scanning
magic bands?

So, I'm a little unclear, how do you feel about guests using other pools? :tongue::duck:

So, I'm a little unclear, how do you feel about guests using other pools? :tongue::duck:
I guess I feel the same way Disney did when the posted all the signs that say the pool is exclusively for use of the resort guess

Also you say you might do a water park day but that swimming is a daily activity. Does that mean you expect to ask to "share" the resort pools every day of your vacation?

Honestly if spending the afternoons swimming together is a high priority, why not just all stay at the same resort?

I guess I feel the same way Disney did when the posted all the signs that say the pool is exclusively for use of the resort guess

I have read several posts of people who reported Disney allowing them to use another resort pool in order to connect with family and friends. So maybe you and Disney don't feel exactly the same.

Also you say you might do a water park day but that swimming is a daily activity. Does that mean you expect to ask to "share" the resort pools every day of your vacation?

No, certainly not everyday. I envision this would be a once or twice at the most. The logistics of doing this aren't easy. With the popularity of the BC pool it will most likely be at the GF so it will be up to my extended family on whether they want to come all the way over to us just to swim.

Honestly if spending the afternoons swimming together is a high priority, why not just all stay at the same resort?

I wish we were staying at the same resort. However, resort choice is a personal preference. We booked our vacation first with the other party booking theirs later. They are DVC members who always stay at BC so staying at GF wasn't an option they considered I don't believe.

I don't feel like you and I will find middle ground DisneyMomx7 and I don't want to take up any more space on this thread with our one to one discussion. Obviously you are free to reply to this with your further thoughts but I will not reply again. If you do want to talk about this further I'm happy to do so through private messages. I believe this board has that functionality but I've never used it.

Lastly, I do want to thank you for your thoughts DisneyMomx7. Looking at your signature I can see you are an avid Disney traveler and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Silly newbie question--is pool sharing equally frowned upon at the quiet pools, or just the main ones with theming, slides, etc?

Silly newbie question--is pool sharing equally frowned upon at the quiet pools, or just the main ones with theming, slides, etc?

It is frowned on at all pools. If the pool is a big thing for you and your family, then you need to stay at a resort that has a pool you like.

It is frowned on at all pools. If the pool is a big thing for you and your family, then you need to stay at a resort that has a pool you like.

We don't come to Disney for the pools, and we're looking forward to the ones at POR, where we're staying. No interest in hopping :)

I was just remembering back to our visit to CBR in July several years ago. Because our kids were so young then, the main pool was a bit overwhelming for them, so we went to the quiet pool near our room in the afternoon every day. We were there for 8 days, and other than a single day when another family visited the pool, we were always the only ones there.

I wasn't planning to break any rules or argue that Disney has a bad policy--just asking a question!

We don't come to Disney for the pools, and we're looking forward to the ones at POR, where we're staying. No interest in hopping :)

I was just remembering back to our visit to CBR in July several years ago. Because our kids were so young then, the main pool was a bit overwhelming for them, so we went to the quiet pool near our room in the afternoon every day. We were there for 8 days, and other than a single day when another family visited the pool, we were always the only ones there.

I wasn't planning to break any rules or argue that Disney has a bad policy--just asking a question!

I know you don't mean any harm! For my family the pools are part of the vacation. So they are always a consideration when booking a resort. I just wanted to offer that if a pool is important to your family you may want to take that into consideration when choosing your resort.:)

Sorry I was being over-sensitive--I appreciate you responding to my question! That is good advice--if we picked based on the pool, I think we'd be staying at AoA, just because I'd love to hang out in a Cozy Cone while the kids swim! We are getting a pool view room for the first time so it will be convenient for taking a quick dip to cool off after we come home from the parks.

Ok, here's a new question. If we are going to the Polynesian Luau that night, could we swim in the pool during the day?

Ok, here's a new question. If we are going to the Polynesian Luau that night, could we swim in the pool during the day?
As long as you are staying at the Poly resort- the pool specifically states that you must be guests of the resort to use it- having dinner there is not staying there. Even DVC members are not allowed to hop to the Poly pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter