Using points with RCI

ksheppard

Continuing the magic
I would like to know if any of you have used your points with RCI and how you find it.

I've been using RCI regularly (2-4 reservations each year) since 2000 -- but obviously not with DVC points. What king of info are you looking for: DVC/RCI reservation process, desirable destination ideas, specific resort reviews ...?

I am looking for people,s feedback on how their experience went using their dvc points when booking RCI vacations.

So far not to good, I have not been able to get a spot in any of the RCI locations we have tried. I hope my luck changes soon.

We did experience some problems trying to book a vacation in Hawaii, but eventually went on a wait list and we were notified a few weeks before Christmas that we have our vacation.

We are due to travel in March. I will report back after the trip.

We did experience some problems trying to book a vacation in Hawaii, but eventually went on a wait list and we were notified a few weeks before Christmas that we have our vacation.

How long were you on the wait list?

The only real way to expect success is to use the WL. The good stuff will rarely be sitting in RCI to reserve, at least the way DVC uses RCI.

I am looking for people,s feedback on how their experience went using their dvc points when booking RCI vacations.
There really is very little difference whether it's DVC or non DVC as for gathering RCI exchange info other than the high cost involved with DVC exchanges. The only glaring differences that come to mind are the fact that RCI allows DVC to do request first and that DVC somewhat straddles the fence between RCI's two SEPARATE products of a week system and a points system.

The basic process is do decide where you want to go, what resorts are on the DVC RCI exchange list and which ones are acceptable to you and what the potential cost in in points. ALWAYS assume HIGH season for DVC exchange (160 1 BR, 270 2BR) and be happy if it's less. You then call DVC and have them check as to availability and WHEN it's not available, you go on the wait list. It's best to request 2 full years out and anything under 1 year I'd consider short notice.

We stayed at Mt. Sunapee resort for Thanksgiving. We used, I believe 80 points. The resort states that the rooms with the den go for $300....so we felt that we got a decent deal. The resort was nice. When we booked, the only issue we had was that we were looking to go to Okemo, and although it was listed as a nightly, the CM said it was a weekly exchange. Otherwise, we had no issues with booking, checking in, or using the resort. We booked in the summer for the Thanksgiving day/weekend. There was a housekeeping fee that was not given to us via phone or on the paperwork, but we were ready for it because of some of the past reviews.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter