using "location services" on iPhone for teens

Thank you so much for all the info.

One difference - we are still using IOS 7 and not 8. :/

So I don't see "Find My Phone" anywhere. Just a general "location services" to turn off or on.

So do we need to update to 8 to use those features? Heard so much bad press about 8 just haven't done it.

Thx :)

Find My iPhone is in the Settings -> iCloud section. It should be the option all the way down at the bottom.

You can turn Location Services on, and then grant individual apps the ability to use location services. Each app should prompt you when it first tries to access your GPS asking for permission, and you can then change it after the fact through Settings->Privacy->Location Services. For instance, if you don't like Apple Maps, but would rather use Google Maps, then you would need to turn on Location Services, and all Google Maps to use it. However, you may not want Facebook or Twitter to know where you are, so you would deny them access to your GPS information.

Its easy to track the Iphone, but not the child. I'm going to spend the night at Susie's house. leave I phone there and go spend the night at Johnny's house.

Really people your only tracking the phone, not the child or spouse.

I think my daughters would rather leave their arm at home rather than thier their phones. I have had problems with them not answering or texting me back but I always know where they are. My youngest has a habit of turning the GPS off on her phone to save battery life (she has an old anroid) but we also have "Family Locator" through our service provider that will ping her phone to the closest cell tower if her phone is on. It costs extra, but it's worth it. I can also schedule when they are supposed to be home and at school, and it will alert me if they are out of the correct zone at whatever times I pick. I can also set it up to alert me when they get home or leave but since they have to borrow my car to so most of the time I haven't done that.

I can't speak to the tracking of spouses, as I haven't had one of them in 15 or so years. Sounds like they're still more trouble that they're worth.

I think my daughters would rather leave their arm at home rather than thier their phones. I have had problems with them not answering or texting me back but I always know where they are. My youngest has a habit of turning the GPS off on her phone to save battery life (she has an old anroid) but we also have "Family Locator" through our service provider that will ping her phone to the closest cell tower if her phone is on. It costs extra, but it's worth it. I can also schedule when they are supposed to be home and at school, and it will alert me if they are out of the correct zone at whatever times I pick. I can also set it up to alert me when they get home or leave but since they have to borrow my car to so most of the time I haven't done that.

I can't speak to the tracking of spouses, as I haven't had one of them in 15 or so years. Sounds like they're still more trouble that they're worth.

HAHA funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter