Using Dolphin's Mini-Bar 'Fridge W/O 'Breaking the Seal' ??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Could some kind Dolphin Vet clue me in on how to keep a few items cold in the refrigerator without breaking the dreaded Seal and incurring a cost? I've read that you need a key, that you can fit 2 or 3 bottles in as is, but that you could take some stuff out for more room. I thought this last action involved $$. Advice??

Thanks,
Bill from PA

I had read that there was a 'cost to break the seal' too, and when I questioned the CM who checked us in, he told us there is no charge to open the mini-bar. In fact, he was the one that recommended we accept the key to store our own beverages.

And that's exactly what we did!

When we stayed at the Dolphin 08/00, we managed to store enough (drinks,etc) for our needs in the minibar/fridge without any extra cost. We just took out items that did not have to be in the fridge such as a Coolie and playing cards, etc. We just left these items on top of the unit, nobody seemed to mind! I have been told of other people staying at other Disney Resorts who have managed to use the minibar/fridge without any extra cost. They just took out the contents and put them in a drawer or somewhere and asked housekeeping not to re-fill the fridge. They then just replaced the items before checking out.

BertieT

P.S. We just loved staying at the Dolphin - perfect location!

Dolphin 08/00
HRH/CSR 08/02

:cool: :)

There is NO CHARGE for using the mini bar...IF YOU EMPTY IT YOURSELF. If you ask housekeeping/room service/mini bar to empty it for you--you'll incur a charge. Just do exactly as Blondie (A verified Dolphin Vet!) & Bertie T advised and empty the fridge yourself. Tell housekeeping not to refill/check the fridge as you are using it for personal use. Take the items and place them in the top of the closet on the shelf for safekeeping (& out of sight..out of mind/mouth!). Enjoy the use of the Free Fridge. It does a great job for the size of it, and accomodates more than you would imagine. Enjoy your time @ the WDW Dolphin!:)

Same procedure at the Swan? I'll be moving to the Swan from BWV and may have perishables left over that will need cold storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter