Using Disney Rewards at WDW

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
Our trip is prepaid. I have Disney Reward Dollars I want to use on our upcoming trip. Should I charge to our room and then use the reward dollars to pay on the balance? or are they going to charge my Credit card?
It doesn't look like I can use the reward card "everywhere" on property....I don't want to come home w/ dollars on my card....what is the best way to get the full value....like meals?

We found very little places that would accept the Disney Rewards Card. My dh's company elimanated their gas cards about a year ago. Now, we have to pay out of pocket and turn everything in for reimbursment. It is a total pain in the behind. However, he has his own Disney credit card and only uses it for business expenses. The amount he spends on gas a month is insane. SO our rewards added up quickly. We just asked everytime we were going to make a purchase if they accepted the card and most of the time the answer was yes. Almost all counter and table restaurants allowed us to use it. I used it to purchase pictures and souvies.

We have used our Disney Rewards card the last two trips. We have used it for meals and merchandise without any problems throughout all of the parks.

What we did last trip: We put down a credit card for charging to the room. Then as we used our room charge, I would periodically visit the front desk, and had them apply my rewards to our bill. I could have waited til the end of the trip and had them apply it all at once. Then the remainder of the bill not covered by the rewards was put on my charge card.

We've used for our last 3 or 4 trips towards the hotel bill.
Last summer after paying the one night's deposit earlier we paid $50.00 for 3 mights at the Beach Club at check in. :cool1:

We put in on file with the front desk when we checked in and then gave a credit card for the balance. Then we room-charged away! They used up the rewards card first and then went to our regular card. I think I went down after a few days to make sure they were doing it that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter