Using Disney Reward Dollars Onboard??

Tonya2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used their Disney Reward Dollars to pay for services onboard Disney cruises? I just applied for my Disney Visa with the hope of building up some reward dollars to use on our dec. cruise, but the info that comes with the disney visa is a little unclear as to whether you can use the reward dollars just toward the purchase of a cruise, or toward your onboard balance of charges. The people at the Disney card hotline were not of any help(no one knew), so THANK YOU for any help!

Yes you can use the reward dollars. Back in August I had about $90 in the reward dollars and took them to the guest services area on deck 3 to have them applied to my account. When I got the reward dollars I had to specify that I wanted them for Walt Disney World. I believe that this has changed and that now you get what looks like a gift card that you add your reward dollars to.

They were kind of new at the time and I had heard that some places in the parks didn't know what to do with them The folks on the ship recognized them immediately and I had no problems.

Danny

I just phoned Visa the other day and explained that my cruise is coming up and I would like to be able to use the Rewards dollars. I was told that they do not issue the card/vouchers unless you have at least $20 - I have $19. I was very disappointed as I do not remember reading anywhere that you must accrue a minimum amount.
Dawn Hope

no problem at xmas cruise. take them to guest services. you now get what looks like a credit card that you keep and just call or get on the internet site to get more reward dollars added to the card. much easier and it works everywhere, no need to specify.

I ordered a rewards card each for my 2 boys. I don't know if I'll get them in time for our cruise though. I figured I could add to them later for a WDW trip if they don't make it. Or we could use them at the Disney Store.

Juli

Dawn....I had also wanted to order a Disney Reward card for our upcoming cruise 2/7 and I checked out the Disney Visa website. They do indeed mention that you need to have at least 20 in rewards accrued in order to order the reward card. Would you be able to accrue that one last point before the cruise??? Or do you have to wait until you pay next months bill in order to "earn" that point.

I was able to get one for $64 (cashed in all my reward points) and plan on buying a few drinks onboard!!!

MJ

The system has changed a little since it first started. Initially, you had to accrue $20 in points, and request a certificate which specified Disney Store, WDW, or Cruise Line (each separate.) Now, when you have at least $20, you call Bank One/Disney and request a rewards card. This card can be for any amount you request (provided you have earned that much). It can then be used at any of the above. Fo

I purchased mine right online....almost like ordering a "product" online. It was very easy...it showed what you how many points you had and then asked how many points you wanted on your Rewards Card....said it should come in about 10 business days.

It makes much more sense to have the card instead of individual certificates for each business unit of the company.

MJ

I just got my rewards card in the mail. It took only about a week to get it. I only applied $20.00 initially, they say afterwards you can go online and transfer however much you want to the card, and it is immediate. I plan to transfer the whole amount to the card for my upcoming cruise!

Robin

The points you earn expire in 5 years. The web site will show you when your points will expire.

Once you have 20 or more you can request a card. I requested my card in October. It arrived in about two weeks.

The card I got last October had a 12/04 expiration date on it.

Points are added to your account monthly on your statement date.

You can add points to an existing card. I ordered my card right after my October statement date, cruise was in December. We were at WDW on my statement date so I had no ready computer access. I call the rewards 800 number the day after my statement date and had the points that had been added for Nov & Dec to my card (I had done a lot of pre-trip shopping). I believe that you can add as little as 10 to an existing card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter