Using DDP For 1st Time

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by aml3679, Apr 21, 2013.

1. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

We had our Disney planning session yesterday. This will be our first on site stay and we are foodies. We outweighed the cost of the dining plan to the convenience and pleasure we would get out of trying various restaurants and said that it was worth it. These are the ADR's we are hoping our travel agent can secure. Any suggestions or critiques?

BREAKFAST

Boma
    Kouzzina
    Crystal Palace
    Chef Mickey's
    Grand Floridian Cafe
    Wolfgang Puck Express
    The Wave

LUNCH

Yak & Yeti
    Tutto Italia
    Marrakesh
    50's Prime Time
    Tony's
    San Angel Inn
    Sci Fi Drive In
    Flame Tree BBQ

DINNER

California Grill
    Le Cellier
    Nine Dragons
    Brown Derby
    Be Our Guest
    Artist Point
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Via Napoli
    Raglan Road
    Hoop de Doo Review

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2of2

mom2of2 <font color=blue>Let the good times strolllllll!<b

That's a lot of ADR's! How many nights are you staying for and what plan did you purchase?

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

I agree... that looks like a LOT of food, and not a lot of time to spend in the parks. But if you're trying to narrow it down, here goes:

BREAKFAST We don't do breakfasts at WDW. We eat in our room and get to the parks for rope drop. Sorry, I'm no help here.

Boma
    Kouzzina
    Crystal Palace
    Chef Mickey's
    Grand Floridian Cafe
    Wolfgang Puck Express
    The Wave

LUNCH

Yak & YetiWe love it. AK is HOT in August, when we go, and Y&Y is the perfect break!!!
    Tutto Italia
    Marrakesh
    50's Prime Time
    Tony's
    San Angel Inn
    Sci Fi Drive InI think it's worth a visit, though we're probably crossing it off our list from now on. The food was so-so, and it's DARK-- as in "hard to read the menu" dark. And sitting one behind the other doesn't lend itself to family conversation. That said, the idea is cool and it's worth a visit.
    Flame Tree BBQ

DINNER

California Grill
    Le Cellier We love LeCellier!!!
    Nine Dragons
    Brown Derby
    Be Our Guest
    Artist Point
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Via Napoli
    Raglan Road
    Hoop de Doo ReviewWe went for the first time last year. We LOVED the show, but weren't impressed by the food... maybe the chef was just having an off night???

I would add in the Clambake at Cape May; it's our newest "must do." Even my non-seafood-eating girls adored it!
    Also, you're in Disney World... are you sure you don't want even one character meal?? 1900 Park Fare has a buffet with Cinderella and the Stepsisters and stepmother. The food is good, and the steps are hysterical!!!

5. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

Sorry, we are staying from December 4th until the 16th

We have the Deluxe Dining Plan

We are 2 adults in our 50's

We plan in renting a car to save time

We have 2 character breakfasts: Chef Mickey's (husbands choice) and Crystal Palace (my choice)

My husband is allergic to shellfish

Breakfast is at 8:30
    Lunch at 1:30
    Dinner at 7

We are planning 2 days in each park

Resort hopping is a goal. Just the many restaurants at various resorts.

6. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

There is no dining plan that will cover all of those meals. California Grill, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, Artist Point, Yachtsman, and Hoop De Doo ALL take 2 credits. You will have 3 credits for what looks like 12 nights. That's a total of 36 credits. You're going to have to narrow it down a bit.

7. Jonathan Swift

Jonathan Swift I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Are you asking which places are good to eat or are you trying to maximize value of the DDP?

I strongly suggest you download the spreadsheet here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050182

There are lots of gotchas you may not be aware of. In fact, the video is a must watch for anyone not familiar with the DDP.

8. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

I think for some people the dining experience is equal or more important than some other aspects (thrill rides, seeing every parade/show, etc.). If you feel that way, then this looks like you will have an opportunity to enjoy a lot of meals! If you don't feel that way, then just be aware that each of these will take up 60-90 minutes each plus travel time.

As some PPs have pointed out, the DxDP will not cover all of this. If you are ok with paying out of pocket on top of the what you are paying for the plan, and the time it will take away from other things, then this looks like a great list!

Specifically, a lot of your dinners (CG, LC, HBD, AP, HDDR and maybe YS - can't remember off the top of my head - are two TS credits each.). I would play around with the numbers to see at which places you should use your TS credits and which you should pay OOP (probably the breakfasts, but some 2TS places aren't worth the cost of two credits). Additionally, this is going to be a LOT of food - perhaps at lunch you will only do appetizers or a salad - in that case, those might be worth paying OOP instead of using credits.

Let us know what your plans are and what you end up doing - I would love to be able to visit so many restuarants on one trip!

ETA: Do you have hoppers and is this just a random listing or does it correspond to your park days?

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Unless my math is off, they will have plenty of credits with some left over. They will have a total of 72 credits for 12 nights (3 credits/nt x 2 people = 6 credits/nt x 12 nts = 72).

Breakfast = 14 credits (7 ADRs x 2 credits)

Lunch = 16 credits (8 ADRs x 2 credits)

Dinner = 24 credits (signatures - 6 ADRs x 2 credits each x 2 people)

Dinner = 8 credits (4 ADRs x 2 credits)

Total Credits = 62

10. momto3gr8boys

Yes, you are correct with what is listed above. When I made my comment, I (possibly incorrectly) assumed they would be adding more dining since they have 7 breakfasts, 8 lunches and ten dinners, which leaves a lot of unplanned meals. That was also why I asked OP which days for which places. If they are planning on doing CS or additional TS, then they may have to pay OOP for some meals.

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I know when I first looked at the list, I automatically said to myself "no way would the DDP accommodate all of those meals". But then I started counting and realized they have enough credits for what is listed. I didn't, however, think about other meals like you pointed out.....they only have so many breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that don't cover all 12 days. Hopefully, with what the DlxDDP costs, they will be able to get by with the extra 10 credits for the rest of their meals without paying OOP :).

12. momto3gr8boys

Actually, I forgot about the two snack credits per day. Those could easily add a meal - maybe a bagel for breakfast or soup for lunch, etc.

I always have such a hard time narrowing down my ADRs....I think it's awesome to be able to do 25 TS meals in one visit!

13. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Good point about the snack credits :thumbsup2......I forgot about those too. That gives them another 48 credits for snacks, which can easily (I think) be used to supplement all of the other meals.

I am the same way regarding ADRs. I have a hard time narrowing them down as we love to try different places, but also have our favorites.

14. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

My apologies! I didn't count them up; just assumed they had listed 3 meals/day for the total time they were there. Teach me not to do the math!!! :blush:

15. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

No apology needed :goodvibes. Looking at the list, it does seem like there wouldn't be near enough credits to cover all of them, especially with the signatures in there. I guess I started to count just out of curiosity to see just how many credits it would take.....LOL.

ETA: OP - I think your choices are great as you have a wide variety of dining throughout your stay :).