Using Credit Cards at the carts & CS?

jakezackalex

Earning My Ears
Do all the food carts and dining places accept Disney gift cards or VISA gift credit cards to pay for food? I would like to give my teenagers these so they aren't asking me for money all time.

Do all the food carts and dining places accept Disney gift cards or VISA gift credit cards to pay for food? I would like to give my teenagers these so they aren't asking me for money all time.

All CS restaurants accept CC and GC b/c you can use your KTTW card to pay for anything at a CS. Snack carts may be a little different. Most do accept, but there may be a few scattered that do not. But they are far and few between.

If they don't normally accept credit cards, they will have a sign notifying guests that this is the case. Sometimes the ice cream carts will temporarily be unable to accept credit cards due to technical difficulties, but that doesn't happen often.

On our last trip I don't recall seeing any carts or CS locations that don't take plastic. I'm sure there might be a few holdouts, but they are few and far between.

About the only rule is if it moves (like a stadium vendor selling drinks) it can't take a card.

Even things that look like they could move and have wheels are bolted down and have terminals that take cards.

I put about 3/4 of what I estimate our food budget to be on a Disney gift card at the gift shop on the first day of whatever Disney resort we're staying at. It's so much easier than carrying cash and I prefer it to carrying my credit cards around with me. Like others have said hardly any place in WDW doesn't take credit cards. I used mine everywhere. The best part is when they give you your receipt it tells you how much is left on the gift card :thumbsup2. (I don't put 100% of what I estimate our food/spending budget to be as I usually over estimate and I don't want that money locked into the card)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter