Using counter service credits for snacks-- consistent?

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
On two previous stays at AKL, we've been allowed to used a counter service credit for four snack items-- for instance, at breakfast, rather than a meal, we've gotten a bagel, a muffin, fruit, and a drink. But when we stayed at POR in December, there seemed to be no consistency to this-- one cashier only allowed two items, another allowed four, and one wouldn't let us use CS credits for snacks at all. At the time, I didn't bother to ask for a manager, because my kids were waiting to eat, it was crowded and I didn't want to be a bother, etc, but now that we'll be staying at POR again in September, I'm curious to know what experiences everyone's had in substituting CS credits for snacks-- not just a POR, but anywhere in WDW. If there's a consistent rule, I don't mind following it-- I just don't like being told one thing by one CM, and something else by another. :confused3 Thanks!

The 'consistent rule' is that credits aren't interchangeable - and so if any CM is allowing such exchanges, consider it a Magical Moment (or something), but don't expect to be able to swap CS credits for snacks, or TS credits for CS...

And if the rule is that they're not interchangable, I have no problem with that. I like the dining plan well enough to get it with or without interchangable credits. But when 9 out of 10 times/meals I'm allowed to choose whatever number of snacks in exchange for a CS credit, it seems more like a rule than a Magical Moment.

I wonder too, whether there's a difference in what's allowed between a deluxe and a moderate resort? Every time we wanted to get snacks with a CS credit at AKL, we were allowed 4 items, without question. It was only at POR that the inconsistencies occurred.

The 'consistent rule' is that credits aren't interchangeable - and so if any CM is allowing such exchanges, consider it a Magical Moment (or something), but don't expect to be able to swap CS credits for snacks, or TS credits for CS...

A rule would be 99 out of 100 times. 9 out of 10 is just a lot of generosity! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter