Using Boost/Nextel at Disney just got a whole lot cheaper!

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by JB2K, Feb 27, 2008.

1. JB2K

JB2K DIS Veteran

A few days ago, the points of which prepaid phone to buy/use on Disney was discussed, here -- I said "Boost Mobile" because it's basically a Nextel phone (complete with walkie-talkie) in a pre-pay package, and Nextel towers are present on WDW property (though a bit incognito...), making their signal the best one on property.

Now, there's another reason to grab a couple of Boost Mobile phones...

The Boost Mobile Motorola i415 has just been reduced to $19.99 at Wal-Mart!

This phone is packed with $10 worth of airtime, which, at $1 a day for unlimited walkie-talkie calls makes it perfect for your Disney trip!

Also, internet access over the phone costs only 35 cents a day -- absolutely perfect for that early Southwest Airlines check-in while you're still out playing!

The i415 is not what I would call a "glamorous" phone, as it is a candybar style phone. But, it does have the same rugged cases many Nextel handsets are famous for -- tailor-made for those hard-charging park commandos!

Just thought I'd pass the word...

2. JB2K

JB2K DIS Veteran

Giving this one a well-deserved *bump* as I grabbed a couple of these phones before my recent trip, and the walkie-talkie function worked GREAT* everywhere on WDW!!

* 5 bars everywhere!

3. Mocharilla

Mocharilla DIS Veteran

Good to know!

If our phones don't work there, we'll definatly look into getting these!

4. JB2K

JB2K DIS Veteran

Most likely, if you are with any of the other big carriers, your phone should work out OK -- it was the walkie-talkie function which inspired me to give Boost Mobile a try...

Plus, heaven forbid, if you should happen to lose the prepaid phone while you're out and about, you're only out 20 bucks.

For the record, my everyday phone is a PDA (on one of the big carriers), but I didn't want to risk losing/damaging that one while playing at the parks...