Using Blackout Ticket for Renewal

mika911

DIS Veteran
I had a question on AP...

If you bought a blackout ticket say 3 weeks before your AP renewal is up....before you leave that day, could you go to AP center and put that $60 (or whatever blackout ticket costs) towards your renewal due in 3 weeks?

I had a question on AP...

If you bought a blackout ticket say 3 weeks before your AP renewal is up....before you leave that day, could you go to AP center and put that $60 (or whatever blackout ticket costs) towards your renewal due in 3 weeks?

I don't think so. I know you can apply a ticket's value to an upgrade, but don't think you can do it for a renewal. You can renew your pass 40 days before it expires. When you say 3 weeks, do you mean it will be 3 weeks before it expires, or 3 weeks before the 40 days?

ETA: What kind of pass do you currently have? You can upgrade to the next level before entering the parks and can still enter the park that day even if it's a blocked day. Since the new AP pricing, however, it's probably more than $59 to upgrade.

If I recall correctly, you can use the BOD ticket to renew (as long as it is within the time period for renewal), but you might as well just pay to renew. If you get the BOD ticket and upgrade later, you could just renew and wouldn't have to pay for a BOD ticket because they "reward" you for renewing and let you in. Either way, you pay the same price, just at a different time.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter