1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Using American Express on Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by markyhomer, Oct 31, 2012.

1. markyhomer

markyhomer Earning My Ears

I'm going on the magic next year..:yay:

Already did Europe 2011 on the magic doing it again next year different iternary though...

Now my question is, can I settle my onboard account with an American express card without any additional fee's or costs.?? I'm from the U.K..:rolleyes1

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

Welcome to the Disboards.

Yes. The bill will be billed in the US. As long as Amex doesn't charge you fees for using the card in the US.

I use my Capital One overseas to avoid the foreign transaction fees.

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I believe you can. There should be no fees with American Express but there may be some currency conversions if I recall correctly.

5. markyhomer

markyhomer Earning My Ears

Thank you both for your replies...:thumbsup2

If the exchange rates goes my way I may buy some currency if not I shall just use my card..

I've been a long time lerker, only just joined. I love this board..

So much information on here, can't wait for july the 25th next year..:beach:

6. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

I recently contacted AMEX regards their foreign transaction fee. I got different responses from different customer rep, so I sent them an email and I just received an email response. See this thread for AMEX and other DISers response.
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46595008#post46595008
    I think it also depends on the type of AMEX card. It's best you send AMEX an email.

7. StephenKay

StephenKay DVC Member VWL 2001

Hi there,

I wouldn't do this with any British based traveller, I use a halifax Clarity Credit Card which gives you a perfect exchange rate, there are others try looking at Money saving expert this gives you good advice however remember that you are using the card via an American based retailer even if those transactions take place in the Med. Might see you there, we are do a couple of cruises with Disney next year.