Using a wheelchair at US/IOA

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
Due to a foot injury which is being stubborn and won't get better, it looks like I will have to use a wheelchair for our trip to Orlando in December.

We will be visiting IOA on Dec 29 and US on Jan 5. We have never visited either park before so aren't familiar with them. Could anyone tell me how I can find out about accessible rides? I can walk, (but not long distances as it makes the pain worse) so I can transfer from the chair to get on the ride no problem. Would I use the normal lines or do I need to enter the rides elsewhere?

I am also partially deaf and am wondering if US/IOA have any captions on their attractions like at WDW.

As the parks will be busy (especially Dec 29) I would appreciate anything which may help my trip go smoothly.

ALL the lines at IOA are fully weelchair accessible. at USF they should all be wheelchair accessible. you'd have to transfer to most rides. and some of the rides have captions. if you go to guest services, they can help you with that. they have ride scripts available (no joke).

hope that helps.

Let me add even more to that. Talk to the folks at each attraction that you go to in the chair, they will be more than happy to help you figure out where you need to go to get on the ride happily.

Take it easy that day too. It tends to be very crowded that time of year.

If you need a sign language interpreter, you can also request one ahead of time. I don't think Universal even charges for one.

Thanks everyone for your help. I can't use an interpreter as I don't sign, but I rang US yesterday and they said to pick up a 'clicker' to activate the captions, at Guest Service, so it sounds as though there are some captions available.

The clickers are great for those folks who need them, since when you cannot hear a video, you can at least read what people are saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter