Using a computer in Fort Wilderness...

Thanks!

If you order it in a cabin, is it a true 24 hours? If I order it at noon do I get it till noon the next day?

From the AllEars site...
"Does Fort Wilderness have Internet access?
Yes. Like the other resorts, Disney offers wireless Internet at three hot spots and broadband cable at the sites and cabins. The three WIFI spots at Fort Wilderness are Reception Outpost, Meadows, and Crockett's Tavern. Cost is $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the vendor, Smart City, at their help desk: 407-938-HELP. Both the Cabins and Preferred campsites can also rent a cable modem kit to have high speed Internet access. A Local Area Network (LAN) cable is required. The necessary modem kit is rented at the Front Desk in the Outpost. A $125 refundable deposit is required and the kits should be reserved in advance or will most likely not be available. Cost is $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Dial-up access is also available at the Reception Outpost."

I've rented the cable modem twice in the past - easy to use and worked just fine.

I now have a wireless internet card through Verizon and use it at FW (signal is generally very good)

And yes, it's a contiguous 24 hours. If you plan your time right, you can use it 2 days in a row on the same 24 hour charge. ;)

And yes, it's a contiguous 24 hours. If you plan your time right, you can use it 2 days in a row on the same 24 hour charge.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'd like to download my pictures, so I have to chose the right day!!

Thanks

I didn't think you could reserve the IAK in advance. I was under the impression it was first-come first-served. At least that's how it was in June 2007. You just had to keep checking with the Outpost for the kit. One wasn't available when we arrived, but I checked the next day and managed to get one.

We're staying in a cabin and I'm bringing my own cable...Should be okay...Just hafta call when I want to start the clock!!

Just hafta call when I want to start the clock!!

If nothing has changed and I remember right (been a couple of years) when you try and get online you'll hit WDW's portal page which will ask for your KTTW card #. Once you enter it the clock starts running. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter