Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this is very useful information for this thread. It's taught me when eating in the CL, make sure the cupcakes are topped with chocolate chips and not something else. ;)

Also, sadly, it's not the behavior of the kids that upsets me sometimes. It's the parents. They allow their children to act this way! I guess you can understand it when they don't act much better. In January, during Wishes, when the lights were low and the music was just starting, this man was on his cell phone almost the entire time. And, of course, he was talking so loud you could hardly hear anything but him. This same man and his family (several adults and little ones) had breakfast and just got up and walked out. I'm talking about two tables heaped with trash and barely eaten pastries, bagels, etc. What a disgrace. :sad2: Children learn what they live.

Also, sadly, it's not the behavior of the kids that upsets me sometimes. It's the parents. They allow their children to act this way! I guess you can understand it when they don't act much better. In January, during Wishes, when the lights were low and the music was just starting, this man was on his cell phone almost the entire time. And, of course, he was talking so loud you could hardly hear anything but him. This same man and his family (several adults and little ones) had breakfast and just got up and walked out. I'm talking about two tables heaped with trash and barely eaten pastries, bagels, etc. What a disgrace. :sad2: Children learn what they live.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Is there tipping of the lounge staff? (I mean monetarily, not bumping them over)

How about tipping the concierge staff in general?

Concierge positions are barred from receiving tips. In fact, if caught accepting a tip, the concierge CM could be reprimanded or terminated.

There is some information previously provided that you have to proffer the tip three times followed by three refusals before they must accept (must be some kind of magic spell ;) ). If they do accept (and this should only be done so as not to offend the guest), ultimately, the tip must be handed over to management who places it into a CM fund for use by all members of the staff.

Some folks choose to bring along goodies from their homes and gift the CMs making their stay extra special. These goodies are acceptable tokens of appreciation.

Originally posted by Dizz42
I feel this is very useful information for this thread. It's taught me when eating in the CL, make sure the cupcakes are topped with chocolate chips and not something else. ;)

Dizz...lol...oh my....the booger boy will forever be infamous...

GoofySuse,

Have a wonderful time. I'll hope that you don't run into any "booger boys.":p

Enjoy every minute of your trip. ::yes::

So many of you are leaving on wonderful Thanksgiving trips - HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!! :wave:

Don't worry about the rest of us, we will stay here and make sure everything is ok with the lounge and answer any questions that come up. Just be sure to bring back trip reports and stories to share. Remember to take pictures of Christmas decorations so we all can enjoy!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: pirate: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo princess: :wizard: See they are all waiting for your arrival. ::yes::

Have Fun & Be Safe

Angel

where's the loung lizards message board:confused: :confused:

sorry for interupting this useful board but i had to ask :wave2:

:wave: - This a wonderful thead that can answer just about any concierge question you may have. We have many members who have stayed at numerous Disney Resort Concierge.

If we can be of any help in planning your vacation we are here ready, willing and able. ::yes::

Angel

Which resort has been your favorite concierge stay so far? I had a great experience at Beach Club a few years ago, but have found the staff at the AKL concierge to be fantastic.

Sue Ellen

Great question!

My "heart belongs" to AKL Concierge. I stayed there for the 1st time in Oct. 2003 and it was amazing :teeth: I am going back next month with DD(8) and again February for my birthday :cutie: :cake: I can't wait! Don and Andrea have both helped me with so much - I am just crazy about them :crazy:
July 2004 I stayed at BWI CL and it was pure ecstasy princess: I can't wait to go back sometime... Alana in IPO helped with every detail - and then some!! She is a joy! You would've thought I was Michael Eisner's daughter from the service I got from her!princess:
Both of these concierge experiences are dreamy ::yes:: :cloud9:

I am so enthralled with AKL's concierge I can't switch to anything else! (and I have switched at the last minute from Poly concierge back to AKL conciergeA). I do enjoy the club level experience at both the Swan and Dolphin, but for a full disney concierge experience I don't think anything can beat AKL in my eyes. The staff, the location, the smells wafting up into the lounge, the peacefulness and serenity... ahhh home! (and this doesn't even mention the fact that you can watch animals from your private balcony! :))

Debbie

We are Polynesian concierge lovers. Great staff, large rooms, the view across the lagoon, sweet melodies from the islands, sand, tiki torches, lush tropical landscaping, what's not to love?:goodvibes :goodvibes :lovestruc :lovestruc This resort was one that I least desired to visit--GF, YC/BC, BWI were more my style--at least that's what I thought until I stayed at Polynesian--I'm hooked! It's fun to visit the other resorts (and we do), but the Polynesian is home. :goodvibes :lovestruc :lovestruc

Debbie- #1hockeymom - I agree with everything you said about AKL. Only one difference. We are going to TRY to stay at the Poly in May. :crazy: They are answering my e-mails and seem to be very interested in our visit. Maybe I will end up being a little bit Hawaiian and little bit African. :earboy2:

AKL is so perfect, the concierge staff is beyond perfect. I love the smells, sounds and feelings you are enveloped in upon entering the lodge. Boma is a great experiece for those of us who like to try different foods and prep styles. I can honestly say the my DH and myself had the most perfect vacation while at AKL. We will be returning in November for sure.::yes::

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Angel

We have stayed in Sugar Loaf concierge at the GF (food service ends at 7 and there is no alcohol served unlike Royal Palm) on two vacations and Polynesian concierge 5 or 6 times.

At both we've had very pleasant experiences. Great CMs at both with just a couple of exceptions. I like to make our PSs but the few times I've asked for help, both were very helpful.

For me, the view from the lounge at the Polynesian is a tiebreaker. Watching the World come alive in the am or the lights of the MK, CR and GF twinkling away at night is very special.

Tess also summed up very well why the Polynesian is our favorite resort concierge or not....and we stay without concierge much more often than with.

I'm definitely the voice of inexperience compared to other DIS concierge lovers, but I have to ditto johnsonet's rave reviews of the Epcot resorts IPO office. What an incredible staff -- responsive, pleasant, helpful! So if you're peeking in Alana, Amy and friends -- :wave: :teeth: ...

For me, I see the concierge experience as a two-part thing -- the pre-planning part and the once-you've-gotten-there part. I've found that the pre-planning service ranks high in my book, so I would definitely return to an Epcot resort in the future based on our wonderful experience with IPO (and the fact that I just love Epcot)! This past summer we stayed at BC -- maybe next time it'll be BWI based on their very convincing fan club (KerryCM... are you out there?)

We are also considering a split-stay for next summer and I must say that AKL is on our list, both for their pre-planning service reputation as well as the lounge experience itself. Our current vacation style trends more toward "commando" than "lounging", but I have it on good authority that it would be well worth our time to lounge a bit there! ;)

Not sure which MK resort concierge would best suit our needs, but I guess we still have a few months to think it over! :rolleyes1

Haven't posted on these threads lately, but I totally agree with you about YC/BC/BWI IPO. We spent a week in August at YC and loved it so much. The planning was flawless, and the staff at the resort were great. I want to convince DH to go back next year and was thinking of BWI because of KerryCM's raves too. You just can't beat the location of the EPCOT resorts as well. Last year we stayed a week at GF Sugarloaf, and loved that too! We too are "Commandos" and having the breakfast and evening offerings fit this traveling style perfectly. YC was a bit better for us because Sugarloaf stops service at 7pm, when we were still out!
Wish I had a counter.... :wave2:

I absolutely LOVED AKL!!!! :teeth: Their staff was so quick to respond and friendly. When I got there I was able to meet both Sue and Don! What a bunch of friendly folks. Even the CMs in the lounge were helpful. I felt relaxed while in the lounge. My down to earth, frugal DH was even comfortable and now considers concierge services worth it.

I'm trying both BWI and CR 14th floor because of the reviews our fellow lizards have given. Still staying at AKL since we have to do Sunrise Safari this go 'round. :tongue:

Do a lot of you find that staying Concierge makes you LESS commando? Assuming you have at least a few WDW trips under your belt already?::yes:: ;) My trips now are all about the hotel :teeth:
P.S. When I told my mother-in-law today that DD and I are going to Disney World as soon as she gets out of school for Christmas there was dead silence on the other end of the phone
:crazy: :rotfl: :rotfl: :cheer2: :cheer2: :space:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter