US:Vivendi

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by disrailfan, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disrailfan

disrailfan DIS Veteran

So I have a question. Since Vivendi is a French company is US bound to see any less attendance based on this?

Just a thought.....with the whole French boycotting the war thing.

Any thoughts?

:confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Galahad

Galahad <font color=red>.....an appointment<br><font color

Most people probably don't make the connection.

4. oelpa

oelpa Earning My Ears

perhabs people should start to boykott disney as they own a park in France.....

god so stupid do you think the french government changes his mind just because you start boykotting US nope ...the only ones who are affected are the people who work their and as you might recall they are all americans....get my point

and furthermore other countries have the right to question americas decisions like it or not......not everybody who disagrees with your president is against americe in fact most europeans hate your president but like the us and their people.....

5. Galahad

Galahad <font color=red>.....an appointment<br><font color

Most people that work at DLP are not Americans

Forgive us if we don't make that distinction so clearly. Most Americans decidedly do not hate their President, so comparing him to Hitler might rub us the wrong way.......

6. d-r

d-r <font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>

And Americans have the right to question French decisions?

7. oelpa

oelpa Earning My Ears

excuse me but believe it or not europe doesn't care what the US think.....

and furthermore if you start boykotting European Companies such as usf (which in my opinion is American even if the main share holder is french ) we will start boykotting american companies coca cola, mcdonalds and so on ...

know satisfied believe me we are not scared of you...

8. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

I've never really questioned france's motives or decisions. I have always been quite confident the term "selfserving" and all of it's derivitives pretty much answers all my questions.

9. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Yes and those decisions have consequences or at least I hope to god that we lay some consequences down on the French. :)

10. oelpa

oelpa Earning My Ears

who do you think you are to impose consequences on an european country if you impose consequences on France you impose it on the whole European Union and believe me we can hurt America as much as you can hurt us......

And what do you think you will gain by threatening us..the Us economy is pretty much run down at the moment and i think you can need all the business you can get at the moment even that of us europeans

11. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Now he speaks for all of Europe.

We con't care if your scared of us. There is a long list of people who were not scared of the US but are no longer in power.

12. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Sad to see that France has become the mouthpiece for the whole EU. The EU is changing everyday. You might want to look at why the French did not want us going into Iraq and then step back and look at it objectively. If you chose France as your moral and economic leader then you will have more problems then the US can ever deal to you.

13. oelpa

oelpa Earning My Ears

yeah go ahead and declare war on europe too....let's see what china and russia says to that...and then after that with whom will you do business with...yourself...hahahah that's the joke of the year...and believe me france or germany are harder to come by than run down iraq so think a little bit before you write or is your school system really that bad and they don't teach you anything there

14. pheneix

pheneix Mouseketeer

>>>excuse me but believe it or not europe doesn't care what the US think.....<<<

Curious... Do you all like speaking German?

15. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Declear war?? No one said such a thing.

16. oelpa

oelpa Earning My Ears

Quote:

We con't care if your scared of us. There is a long list of people who were not scared of the US but are no longer in power.

well you didn't say the word war but as you can read above ...no longer in power...so what implies that.....

17. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

Yeah, we all saw how well all the weapons france,germany and russia sold Iraq worked. The french army,what a joke. Every solfier is issued a surrender flag in boot camp.

18. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

Don't be so naive to think that War is the only way to get a government out of power.

19. EUROPA

EUROPA DIS Veteran

I heard a great quote the other day...."not have the French on your side in battle is like not having a piano on a bear hunt."

20. DisneyKidds

DisneyKidds <font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo

Oooohhhhh..................................a true international incident on the Rumors Board :crazy:.

As Scoop said.........................why don't you all take a deep breath and a step back. I would imagine that if you all want to debate international politics and foreign policy this thread will quickly be kicked to the debate board. I'd be more than happy to follow you there to explain how all EU nations are much more dependent upon the US than we are on them ;) but, to stay on topic.....................................

Our lederhosen wearing (I know - they are German, but you would be too if the US didn't get involved in certain conflicts ;)), EU flag waving friend is correct - any type of boycott or action against Vivendi owned properties like Universal will hurt Americans much more than the French.

Now can't we all get along?

21. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

My history is a little foggy, but I seem to remember Hitler "annexing" or some such terminology austria at the onset of WWII. Please refresh my memory...what country was it that came and bailed your countryout ? Oh wait,that parts not foggy at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.