US Canyons ??

PlutoPony

DIS Veteran
Wondering about the weather for the US Canyons trip. Being that this takes place in the desert southwest, just how uncomfortable would this trip be in the summer? IMHO this would be a great one for spring break but alas it's only offered beginning in late May :confused3 . Anyone toured this area in the summer and can give me some feedback on how enjoyable it was? I believe this is new for 2007 (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

TIA!
Beth

I lived several years in the desert in S.Cal, about 20 min from Death Valley. And I have visited the US Southwest area many times during all times of the year... It has been a few years now, but I do remember that May is quite nice. It can get warm, but is not brutal, and there is is a good chance of some wildflowers then. Also I have been to Death Valley in late April and it SNOWED then! OK, that was a freak of nature that year, but we did get snow in early April in the Mojave desert 2 years.
I also think that Disney has done a lot of homework on these trips. And if you are really unsure of the weather conditions then you can google the temps for several areas with high/low temp history. I bet Disney did that to plan the timing of the trip... it is what I do when I go any where!

I'm not sure where the canyons trip is, but we've camped in Monument Valley (Arizona) in July and it really wasn't too bad. The Grand Canyon is a bit cooler due to the elevation. Personally I think the Arizona/Utah/Colorado canyons are wonderful in the summer. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter