Urgent request for a wish child being admitted into palliative care

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by mom2pixies, May 8, 2013.

1. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I realize I am not following the typical rules of requesting specifics from specific designers, and for this I apologize, but I hope you will forgive me as time is of the essence for this request. I am a MAW volunteer wish grantor and we just received news that one of our wish children has just entered palliative care. Her name is Rachel and she is 5 and suffers from a rare, genetic, degenerative illness that also affects her younger brother and has already claimed the life of her older sister. It affects all aspects of her cognitive and physical development. We are rushing her wish to deliver it this weekend (Sunday, May 12) As she has taken a turn for the worse. Because of the children's illnesses, the family is unable to travel to see Rachel's Favourite character, Barney, the purple dinosaur, so instead the family has requested a special stroller chariot to transport Rachel and her brother from place to place, as well as a tablet for Rachel to watch her favourite tv shows and movies at the hospital and Barney accessories. We are having trouble putting together A Barney basket, as Barney toys, clothes, books, pillows are not easy to find nowadays. We are also hoping to hire a Barney mascot to visit her at hospital, which we hope puts a real smile on her face.

Sooooo, I am looking for a designer who is able to design something with Barney in it, possibly personalized with Rachel's name. As she is not travelling, it would be more of a poster (like something that reads Rachel's Room) that could help personalize her palliative care room. Perhaps something I can laminate for her should she want to eat or sleep with the picture? A placemat or a bookmark? I don't really know what else to suggest, to be honest.

I know this is asking a lot as I would need this image as soon as possible, but I would really appreciate it if one of you is available to create something. You all make such wonderful things and I have benefitted from some great designs for my daughter's own wish trip in the past. I just know that if Rachel receives a personalized poster, it would just make the wish that more special.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! :flower3::flower3::flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. absolut_mandy

absolut_mandy DIS Veteran

Just a little sign from me:

[​IMG]

Thank you for being a MAW wisher! It is an amazing program and you must be just as amazing!

Mandy:)

4. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

Thank you SO MUCH!! This is just wonderful. I am sure it will make Rachel's room a bit brighter!

I consider myself fortunate to be able to bring these types of joy to these children who so deserve a bit of magic in their lives.

Thanks again!!!! Big hugs!!!

5. RustManFan

RustManFan devoted to all things Disney!! Moderator

and there is no rule "of requesting specifics from specific designers". an open thread request like yours should be presented in its own thread when the style doesn't currently exist....you did fine!!

6. mommyoftwo85

mommyoftwo85 Mouseketeer

I know its last minute, but both of my daughter's are obsessed with Barney and I've bought so much Barney stuff on ebay and Amazon. There might still be time for you to rush ship some Barney stuff.

Also a Barney mascot might be hard to come by, I actually bought a costume for my daughter's birthday last year and had someone dress up. here is the website http://company.pakuya.com/company/ghimccl59.html

7. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

Thank you for the tips! We have already found two companies that rent Barney costumes, so we are just waiting to hear back if they are available for this weekend. (I hope so, it's Mother's Day and I don't think there is a huge demand for purple dinos at Mother's Day events, but who knows?). I will certainly have a look at the link for the Barney accessories. We are in Canada, so there is always a delay with shipping/delivery, but it is certainly worth a try!

Thanks so much for all of your help. We really want to make this a special wish for a very special little girl!

8. M_I_C_K_E_Y

M_I_C_K_E_Y It Was All Started by a Mouse

Since Mandy already made you a cute door sign, I wanted to at least contribute a couple of generic designs you could use to make a shirt, sleep shirt, banner, picture or whatever else you can think of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

10. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

11. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

OHMIGAWD!! I am speechless and teary-eyed. These are so beautiful! Thank you soooooo much. I am downloading them now to print these off. These will be just such a wonderful addition to her wish.

Thank you sooooo much! :flower3::grouphug::flower3::grouphug::flower3: