"Urgent" Disney Visa Question

Discussion in 'Disney Rewards Programs' started by lovetotraveltx, Jun 2, 2013.

1. lovetotraveltx

lovetotraveltx DIS Veteran

If I pay for my entire cruise vacation using my Disney Visa do I get 2% of the total back or is there some kind of cap.

Need to book tomorrow so appreciate some quick help!

Thank you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Scoobydoo76

Scoobydoo76 Mouseketeer

As far as I know there is no cap. Years ago there use to be a cap with the original Visa Rewards Card but it was removed a while back. I always pay for our cruises using our rewards cards and have always received the appropriate reward points. We now get 2% with the new card.

4. starwood

starwood <font color=red>This mouse GOT her next cruise<br>

You don't need to pay more than the deposit when you book. I always pay my deposit and pay it off in 6 months interest free and then a few weeks before the final payment is due I pay the rest and pay that off in 6 months.

5. princessnpirate

princessnpirate Mouseketeer

If you use the card onboard to pay for the expenses on a cruise is that eligible for 6 months 0% interest as well?

6. JohnThomson

JohnThomson Earning My Ears

No need to pay extra bucks. But I don't think they offer 2% off on the total sum. Utmost you can have a transaction with 0% interest. That's all.

7. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

This is what we do..... :thumbsup2

8. Bayoumama

Bayoumama Mouseketeer

What about the 6 months 0% interest on a package for the parks - not the cruise. We are planning to go to the parks December 2014. I wanted to book it right now so I would at least have it reserved but not start the 6 months 0% interest till about September 2014. Can I use the card to book it now to reserve (which if I remember reading correctly they would just charge you $200 or $250?) and then call back in September 2014 to get the "package" and then the 6 months would start to pay it off with 0% interest? What is everyone's experience with the best way to do this so I can have the reservation now but not start the 0% interest till September?

We are going early December (the week right after Thanksgiving) so I think it is a low crowd time?

9. Bayoumama

Bayoumama Mouseketeer

:confused: ha nevermind, I called the reservation center and she explained it to me.....just booked and will wait till September to pay in full. This is a pretty good perk !!!!:cloud9:

10. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Reading through these Visa threads brought a question to mind - is the $49 fee for the Premier card considered a "Disney" purchase or an "other" purchase?

When we pay our annual fee, do we get 2% rewards or 1%? :confused3 :scratchin

11. canyoncam

canyoncam original Bambi &Thumper

It is a fee. Not a purchase. You get nothing.

12. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Phooey!