Upswing in resale market?

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
Last November we closed on BCV 270 points @ 73$ a point. Today I was browsing the time share store and see a few BCV listings and they are listed for 94$ pp and up! Is it really gone up this much in under a year from GFV? :confused3 Or is a multitude of things? Don't get me wrong the thing only regret I have is not buying a 300 pt contract like I wanted!:lmao:

Cannot blame it on VGF. Resale inventory started going down and prices started going up about the time you closed and it has done so at a steady pace since; perhaps a sign that the overall economy is actually improving. Disney's raising its prices for older WDW resorts (OKW, SSR, BWV, VWL, and BCV) to $130 in Spring 2013 accelerated the process somewhat.

Wouldn't say it is enormously large (much less than times in 2009 to 2011) but it is more than what was there just a month ago.

Related question--is it me or is there an abnormally large number of BWV listings?

Listings seem to go cycles. At one point over a year or so ago there were quite a few BCV and no BWV. And a few months before that there were lots of SSR and then virtually none.

Just saw that a BCV contract sold for $110/pt. it was stripped as well. No idea what's happening.

Just saw that a BCV contract sold for $110/pt. it was stripped as well. No idea what's happening.

Wow is right! Well I guess my purchase was a sound investment!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yeah, we paid $50/pt for a 250 pt SSR contract in May and now they are selling anywhere between $65 and $80 pp. NEVER looked at it as an investment but makes ya feel good seeing yourself get a good deal (at least for now)!!

This time in 2011 we sold 150 BCV for 83 a Pt and bought 190 OKW at 59 per point. Our goal was to get the 11 month window at OKW and walk away with more points and no money out of pocket. Which we did.

Took us 9 months to get an offer on our BCV contract, despite offering it at a competitive price.

Looking now at similar listings: BCV seems to be going for 93-95 a point and OKW for about 70-73.

I just started looking at prices on a whim earlier this week. What I noticed:

1) Less Total Contracts listed.
2) Increase in prices across all resorts. (#1 may explain that).

Obviously the economy is turning up. Also, with the crash, I think more people needed to get out and there was a flood of contracts on the market with very few buyers.

Have not looked, but, are rental pt prices increasing also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!