ups or post office

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by al159, Feb 17, 2003.

1. al159

al159 Earning My Ears

does anyone know if there is a united parcel service anywhere in disney world. a post office might work also.:Pinkbounc

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

Each resort has mail pick up for sending letters and cards. They can also assist with parcels. I'm not aware of a UPS or FedEx office on property though. Check with the front desk at your resort for assisitance.

There is a post office near the Goodings Grocery just off property near DD.

4. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

I haven't used one, but I've heard that there are shipping centers at resorts that have convention facilities. (CSR & CR)

5. Cruelladeville

Cruelladeville <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Yes, they have UPS delivery, so they also have UPS pickup. I ordered a dress from Spiegel once when the weather on my trip became VERY warm, and I had only cold weather clothes--I really did want that dress, anyway--so I called,and described it to them, and they 2nd Day air'ed it to me. I picked it up at the front desk. I was told to call housekeeping for boxes if I decided to return anything, and the UPS charge would be added to my bill. Well, I kept the dress, but we had purchased so many souveniers;) that we sent an entire box home that must have weighed 30 lbs. Housekeeping brought me everything I needed to box it all up--and it arrived about a week after I got home.:p

6. GAIL HAYDEN

GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

There is a mail box etc. in the shopping center right next to Sizzler on rte. 535. About a mile or so from Disney's main gate near Crossroads.

7. Zimbubba

Zimbubba Mouseketeer

There is a post office right near hotel Blvd. Turn left at Crossroads, it is on the right side. There is a large sign "post office" on the highway.

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

On my trip a couple of weeks ago, 2 friends I was with wanted to ship stuff back home, they bought some large items. We found a Mailbox Etc that was willing to open just for us on Sunday morning before we left. It was located next to Publix behind Premium Outlets. It is pricey, they charged $20 for the packing materials (box, bubble wrap).

9. GAIL HAYDEN

GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

Wonder if any of that pricy stuff was for opening on Sunday?
    Disney's shipping is pretty hefty also, but, at least you escape the sales tax. :)

10. al159

al159 Earning My Ears

would like to thank everyone for there help thanks!

11. maepartner

maepartner <font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepp

I have to say Mailboxes etc is a HUGE ripoff. I understand they have to make money over the usual usps postage, but their prices are exhorbitant. I would pack it myself, use popcorn if you have to, and save alot. IF you're not in a hurry, use parcel post in the usps, its pretty cheap compared to mailboxes. :)