Upromise - Great Way To Earn Money Toward Your Trip

summerrluvv

<font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f
If you haven't signed up for www.upromise.com you should! I have been a member for a couple of years now. You earn a percentage on certain items you buy at the grocery store (with your store savings card), buying gas at Mobil, using your registered credit card at certain stores, buying McDonalds GC's (buy these before you order your food, then reorder the food and pay with the GC's and save the code to enter on the Upromise site), etc.

The best part is that you don't have to put the money into a 529 account for education, you can request a check be mailed to you each quarter. I requested my first check for $50 a few weeks ago and got it today. That's another $50 I can pay toward my room ressies. Also, if you have AOL, you earn double the percentage.

Sometimes they have codes out that you can sign up under and earn a couple dollars when you open the account, but I haven't seen any. Maybe someone else can post a code if they know of one.

I have a Upromise account too. Since my kids 529 plans are not partnered with Upromise I was wondering how I would use the $. Do you have to have at least $50 to request a withdrawl(sp?)?
We fund their 529's pretty well, so I don't feel bad putting the $25.72 I have accumulated so far to another purpose :) . Thanks for any info.

Thanks. I forgot about this. I do not have a 529 plan but will be getting one soon.

Do you have to have a 529 plan to use this service?

Originally posted by jeankeri
I have a Upromise account too. Since my kids 529 plans are not partnered with Upromise I was wondering how I would use the $. Do you have to have at least $50 to request a withdrawl(sp?)?
We fund their 529's pretty well, so I don't feel bad putting the $25.72 I have accumulated so far to another purpose :) . Thanks for any info.

You can withdrawal any amount you wish. Here is what you need to do to get the money out...

https://lty.s.upromise.com/content/faq/acctdetails_1.html

Originally posted by Disney4me04
Thanks. I forgot about this. I do not have a 529 plan but will be getting one soon.

Do you have to have a 529 plan to use this service?

No you do not.

I found a posting that said you can get $3 from kellogg's or Martha White if you open a Upromise account.

"Join Upromise now at upromise.com, enter Promo Code MW3, and we will give you $3.00 to get started!"

I was able to find code MW3 on www.marthawhite.com

I just joined!

I found a posting that said you can get $3 from kellogg's or Martha White if you open a Upromise account.

"Join Upromise now at upromise.com, enter Promo Code MW3, and we will give you $3.00 to get started!"

I was able to find code MW3 on www.marthawhite.com

I just joined!

I purchased Disney gift cards through upromise.com to purchase by park tickets. That way I earned 4% on the purchase total. Plus disneystore.com doesn't charge you for shipping on gift cards.

I had no idea that you could this, I guess I should have signed up for Upromise along time ago. I don't have kids yet and I'll probably always work at a college or university so saving for college has never been an issue ( My spouse and future children as well as myself can go for free)

Thanks so much to the original poster.

Autumn

Don't forget those of you with AOL account get double back. You just need to link the accounts. I did mine through an email but I bet if you look up Upromise on aol's keywords they will tell you how to do it. Every penny helps.

Originally posted by summerrluvv
The best part is that you don't have to put the money into a 529 account for education, you can request a check be mailed to you each quarter. I requested my first check for $50 a few weeks ago and got it today. That's another $50 I can pay toward my room ressies. Also, if you have AOL, you earn double the percentage.

I am a bit confused, do you have to write them a letter and snail mail it each time you want money withdrew from your account? What constitutes a quarter for them? Is it once Jan-Mar, once, Apr-jun, once July-Sept and once Oct-Dec?

I just linked my AOL account today... I saw those stupid graduation commercials, you know, "AND THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOU BUDDY!" and it didn't even click into link my account :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up

Here's an interesting one - .05 on ebay for first bid of your visit!

well I already had an account. I linked up all 3 of my grocery store cards. I will only be using my debit card or cc to pay for things now. Since that will be the way to add up $$. I also just bought my dad a book of McDonald GC for Father's Day. I am leaving a message for him to save me the booklet when he is done.

I plan on learning more about where I am spending so that I make the most of this UPromise.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Originally posted by brivers222
I am a bit confused, do you have to write them a letter and snail mail it each time you want money withdrew from your account? What constitutes a quarter for them? Is it once Jan-Mar, once, Apr-jun, once July-Sept and once Oct-Dec?

I just linked my AOL account today... I saw those stupid graduation commercials, you know, "AND THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOU BUDDY!" and it didn't even click into link my account :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up

Yes, you have to write them a letter each time. I'm not sure what they constitute as a quarter for them though.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I have AOL and I use SBC so I should be racking up the $$. I registered all my grocery cards and I will be searching out the Exxon and Mobil stations when it's time to fill up.

Thanks again!

But, of course, I just ordered dd some stuff online before I saw this. Sigh. I hate to think of all those points going poof. Oh, well. Next time.

Originally posted by beansmom
THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I have AOL and I use SBC so I should be racking up the $$. I registered all my grocery cards and I will be searching out the Exxon and Mobil stations when it's time to fill up.

Thanks again!

I too was searching out the Mobil stations, but you only get .02 (if you are on AOL, .01 for others) for each gallon, so if another station is cheaper by .03, you are better off getting gas there :)

I too was searching out the Mobil stations, but you only get .02 (if you are on AOL, .01 for others) for each gallon, so if another station is cheaper by .03, you are better off getting gas there
True, but I am notorious for running on fumes. Fortunately, there are two Exxons really close to my job.

Otherwise I fill up at Wallymart but never use the card so I don't save the 3cents anyway.

okay Im confused I thought it was for college expenses? no? only if I transfer the money into a 539? hum... I have quite a bit in there that I still havent gotten around to transferring. I signed up like the week it came out and have used it ever since for everything.

Originally posted by mamalle
okay Im confused I thought it was for college expenses? no? only if I transfer the money into a 539? hum... I have quite a bit in there that I still havent gotten around to transferring. I signed up like the week it came out and have used it ever since for everything.

The money does not have to be be used for education expenses. The money can be withdrawn in the form of a check by following the instructions I posted above or you can open a 529 account and roll the money into that.

thank you, I understood it can be rolled into a 529 . I just havent gotten around to transferring it over. I was just surprised that you could remove that money for other things besides college expenses. I thought thats what the program was all about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter