Uplifting article about John(Updated May 1)

I am so sorry to read this. :grouphug:

Thank you for your updates. I will absolutely keep John in continued prayers. :grouphug:

I am so sorry to read this. :grouphug:

Thank you for your updates. I will absolutely keep John in continued prayers. :grouphug:

Thank you for continuing to pray. He's overcome so much in the past. I pray he's able to do it again.

I am so sorry to hear this update and thank you for the update.

Will continue to pray for him and his family.

Sadly, I know this journey only too well :sad2:

I will continue to keep John and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I am praying he has the strength to fight this once again!

I am so sorry to hear this update and thank you for the update.

Will continue to pray for him and his family.

Sadly, I know this journey only too well :sad2:

Anna, thank you for your continued prayers.
I hope your parents and sister are doing better. I will pray for them.

Just did a search to find this thread and an update. I'm sorry to read your post of 9/13. I will continue to pray for him and for his family.

Here is the latest information about John, the young man who never loses faith and for 7 years has faced his illness with a heart open to God:

Praise God! John was discharged from the hospital today at 4:00pm. He is sitting comfortably, watching his beloved Yankees lose to the Red Sox. He hasn't stopped smiling, though, often saying how great it is to be home with his younger brother. He has a feeding tube to help supplement his daily intake of food, as he slowly but steadily increases his ability to swallow a soft diet.

The current plan is for John to receive another intrathecal treatment on Monday, September 27, and then to begin a three week course of cranial/spinal radiation on Tuesday, September 28.

Your prayers for John are powerful. Although he was hospitalized for 18 days, given all that John had to endure and recover from, we know without a doubt that God heard your petitions and granted miraculous healing for John. Please continue to carry John in your prayers, especially between 7:00-8:00pm. He continues to walk a long and arduous journey towards good health. We are so grateful to all of you who choose to walk with our son.

Thank you again for your continued prayers.

Such a strong man John is.

It is so nice to read about him enjoying his Yankees. It is the small things that we cherish, the things that really make us :)

God bless you and everyone. Continued prayers :grouphug:

Thank you for another update. I am so happy to hear that he is home. There is nothing better than being in your own surroundings when you are ill. Will continue to pray for him!

I agree nothing beats being home in comfortable surroundings and with loved ones. Thank you for the update and will continue to keep John and everyone in our prayers.

God Bless.

My prayers are with John as always. He has alot of faith, strength and determination to fight hard!!

Also, was happy to see he is a Yankees fan. You might want to share this with him...when Brett Gardner hit the lst in the park home run in the new stadium, a girl he met during a hospital visit gave him a Project Sunshine bracelet for good luck. That girl Alyssa, is a family friend. She survived a bone marrow transplant at 2 for leukemia and now she just had a heart transplant last year. Its an inspiring story to share with John.

Wishing him all the best always.

Here is the latest information about John, the young man who never loses faith and for 7 years has faced his illness with a heart open to God:

Praise God! John was discharged from the hospital today at 4:00pm. He is sitting comfortably, watching his beloved Yankees lose to the Red Sox. He hasn't stopped smiling, though, often saying how great it is to be home with his younger brother. He has a feeding tube to help supplement his daily intake of food, as he slowly but steadily increases his ability to swallow a soft diet.

The current plan is for John to receive another intrathecal treatment on Monday, September 27, and then to begin a three week course of cranial/spinal radiation on Tuesday, September 28.

Your prayers for John are powerful. Although he was hospitalized for 18 days, given all that John had to endure and recover from, we know without a doubt that God heard your petitions and granted miraculous healing for John. Please continue to carry John in your prayers, especially between 7:00-8:00pm. He continues to walk a long and arduous journey towards good health. We are so grateful to all of you who choose to walk with our son.

Thank you again for your continued prayers.

Thanks for the update; praying that John's treatments are going well.

I am watching the Yankees game and thought of John and said a prayer for him. If he wants to read the story of that girl who had leukemia and the heart transplant too its at guideposts.org. Brett Gardner wrote the article.

Here is the latest update. Unfortunately, it's not good.

John received treatment in his spinal fluid on Monday, September 27. On Tuesday, September 28, he was admitted to the Fifth Floor in the hospital for suspicious seizure activity and continued evaluation. John had a prolonged seizure later that evening, causing him to be emergently intubated and transferred to the ICU. John was stable on Wednesday, September 29, and was extubated. On Thursday, September 30, John began to awaken from all of the sedation he had received. Through all of this, John was able to receive his first and second doses of cranial/spinal radiation. He had to miss his third radiation treatment because of respiratory concerns. He is scheduled to receive cranial radiation today at 11:45am.
Please continue to pray for John

To everyone who continues to pray, thank you, thank you. It means more than you could ever know.

What an ordeal John has had. :grouphug: Prayers continue to go out, and thank you for the updates. :flower3:

I am watching the Yankees game and thought of John and said a prayer for him. If he wants to read the story of that girl who had leukemia and the heart transplant too its at guideposts.org. Brett Gardner wrote the article.

I read the article this morning. It is a sweet and inspiring story.

Here is the latest update. Unfortunately, it's not good.

John received treatment in his spinal fluid on Monday, September 27. On Tuesday, September 28, he was admitted to the Fifth Floor in the hospital for suspicious seizure activity and continued evaluation. John had a prolonged seizure later that evening, causing him to be emergently intubated and transferred to the ICU. John was stable on Wednesday, September 29, and was extubated. On Thursday, September 30, John began to awaken from all of the sedation he had received. Through all of this, John was able to receive his first and second doses of cranial/spinal radiation. He had to miss his third radiation treatment because of respiratory concerns. He is scheduled to receive cranial radiation today at 11:45am.
Please continue to pray for John

To everyone who continues to pray, thank you, thank you. It means more than you could ever know.

Thank you for the update; like everyone posting here, I was hoping for better news. I will continue to pray for John and his family.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter