upgrading a non expiry ticket

To my knowledge, NON EXPIRING TICKETS CANNOT BE UPGRADED.

You have to have a current ticket structure to upgrade FROM. Since no current WDW tickets are NON EXP, that means you cannot upgrade them. You are welcome to use them however, of course those days are yours to use. But if you want a ticket that you can upgrade moving forward, it MUST be of a current structure. Basically, if you can't BUY the ticket RIGHT NOW, you can't upgrade it. Make sense? Because it is if you always had that ticket to begin with from first date of use.

To my knowledge, NON EXPIRING TICKETS CANNOT BE UPGRADED.

You have to have a current ticket structure to upgrade FROM. Since no current WDW tickets are NON EXP, that means you cannot upgrade them. You are welcome to use them however, of course those days are yours to use. But if you want a ticket that you can upgrade moving forward, it MUST be of a current structure. Basically, if you can't BUY the ticket RIGHT NOW, you can't upgrade it. Make sense? Because it is if you always had that ticket to begin with from first date of use.

But this isn't an upgrade like adding PH its getting the value of a ticket applied to another ticket. I believe to bridge the ticket they refunded the current ticket amount to some account, maybe a gift card, and then applied that amount to the other ticket.

This situation may be like how they used to give you value for pre MYW tickets. It was in the Ticket Sticky. But thats not around any more or its no longer a sticky.

This situation may be like how they used to give you value for pre MYW tickets. It was in the Ticket Sticky. But thats not around any more or its no longer a sticky.

Yes, they still do that with an out-of-date ticket.

But this isn't an upgrade like adding PH its getting the value of a ticket applied to another ticket. I believe to bridge the ticket they refunded the current ticket amount to some account, maybe a gift card, and then applied that amount to the other ticket.

Isn't the title of this post "upgrading"? So any time you add more days or more options to your current ticket, applying the value paid, its an upgrade. Park hopper or otherwise.

I would guess that any that are getting non expiring tickets as an upgrade are not getting it standard through the window, probably as a result of guest relations or as a service.

The only options I personally know is that you can redeem your non exp tickets and you can purchase additional days separately, and the new MYW can be upgraded. Anything outside of this is considered service, like a loophole, and probably only a manager could approve it. It is not standard to expect.

Isn't the title of this post "upgrading"? So any time you add more days or more options to your current ticket, applying the value paid, its an upgrade. Park hopper or otherwise.

I would guess that any that are getting non expiring tickets as an upgrade are not getting it standard through the window, probably as a result of guest relations or as a service.

Upgrading means any kind of adding benefits to a given ticket.
In reality, what generally occurs is Disney makes the results of the "upgrade"
as though the original ticket purchased was the kind of ticket to which the guest upgraded.

That's why they back-date APs to the date of the original ticket use.

I think the real answer here is nobody really knows - sadly.

I think as long as I am in the mindframe that I may have to pay full for a AP then I won't be disappointed, I cant see how they cant give me some sort of credit for the pass though if its totally unused, but then this is Disney I suppose.

I think the real answer here is nobody really knows - sadly.

What we truly don't know is the knowledge level (and amount of helpfulness) of the CM(s) you will encounter.

This can be the biggest single issue in ticket upgrade situations.

There have been some hair-raising stories on these boards!

If the transaction doesn't seem right to you, nicely decline the offer and try elsewhere.

What we truly don't know is the knowledge level (and amount of helpfulness) of the CM(s) you will encounter.

So she can just call right? :duck:

Please note this post has a ton of sarcasm attached to it. In fact my entire allotment for the month. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter