Upgrading a disney.com reservation....

Emrys

Earning My Ears
Can I upgrade a 'package' I've gotten from disney.com?

I would really like to upgrade to AKL from ASMo, but I don't know how to get there without spending all kinds of money. I've read a lot around here about codes and such, and am wondering can I still use these codes after all has been booked and paid for?

Guess I am looking for a little hand holding here. Mom & Dad used to do this stuff for me. <grin> This is the first Disney vacation I've planned, and I want my queen to have the best time possible. It's her first trip to WDW. :p

Thanks!

First it depends on the time of year you want to go...and what your spending currently....If you were booked at one of the discount rates it won't change....If you were booked at a higher rate at the ASMu you might be able to spend a little more and get a room at a different hotel.....The jump from Budget ASMu to AKL Deluxe...would be substantial...

Check out www.Mousesavers.com ...and check out to see if the rates on the sites are more or less then you currently are paying and the codes are listed if you think you might be able to save money....just call back and see if anything is available....but don't cancel your original ressie until you confirm a new one....

good luck

In all cases when you book with a code or other discount a new reservation is made and the old reservation is cancelled. So yes you can upgrade if you want. As was mentioned check out Mousesavers.com to see if any discounts are available during your visit. But remember even if a discount is offered it may no longer be available if the block of rooms offered at the discount is full.

I just called and talked to somebody at the Disney Club line. I don't think it is really worth it at this point to start "Bargain" shopping. The resort that I want to upgrade to is going to be at least twice as much as I am paying now.

I think I will just stick this one out, have a great time. Then next time, now that I have seen this place, I will be more informed as to how to get into something a little more 'deluxe' at a decent rate.

Thanks for the info!

Since you are only 13 days from arrival, you would have to be careful about cancelling a disney.com reservation, they may want to charge you a change fee.

Have a great trip! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!