Upgrades at Port?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyHobbit, Jul 7, 2012.

1. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

I think you ended up with our room (6634) right? We got to the port about 10:15 and there were 1-bedroom suites, 4s and a few 5 b's (I think). So we upgraded from 6634 (the 7a secret verandah room) to 8552 (the 4a that we have had on two previous cruises on the Wonder) for $350. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunshine1259

sunshine1259 DIS Veteran

We were on the first Pixar cruise September 16th. We upgraded from a category 10A (SPH) to a 1-bedroom concierge suite for $1173. As it was our anniversary and we had already received a big refund back from Disney for this sailing, we thought, Why not. We are glad we did!!!

4. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

Thank you for vacating your room, we thoroughly enjoyed it. :) When we booked this IGT, we figured it was such a great price we would be fine with no balcony for the first time, no biggie. Then as it got closer we started thinking, well, what could it hurt to look at upgrades, might be able to get an outside for pretty cheap and try that out. When she told us how cheap that veranda was since it's really not considered one even though it is, we couldn't resist. So we still haven't sailed without a veranda, even though we had good intentions to try it out. :)

5. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

100 minutes of free internet at sea almost pays for your Concierge upgrade! Hahahahaa :)

6. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Anybody can end up with a Pixie Dust upgrade. There is nothing wrong with a cat11 or any category. The main difference is you don't have a window. You will even be on the same deck as rooms with oceanviews and verandahs.

7. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

I have to agree. Julia is absolutely amazing. :goodvibes

8. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

Oh, dear. I know that if I ever have the good fortune to upgrade to concierge, I will never, never be able to book a non-concierge cabin again. So, I suppose that DCL will more than make their money on me! I'll try for our next cruise (in January), but then, I know that I will be hooked, and will want the life of luxury, from that point, on. So, maybe I am hoping that there will not be any upgrades available? To remain blissfully unaware?

9. collectoraholic

collectoraholic Is it time to sail yet?

Yes, the concierge bug will definitely hit you if you ever sail it. :rotfl: We upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite for the first time on the 9/22 Magic sailing and pretty much the first words out of our mouths when we walked into our stateroom were that we've ruined ourselves for any future sailings. :rotfl2: Esp. if we're sailing w/ our 2 girls. This time it was just us, so it was nice, but not totally 'necessary', if that makes sense. We decided to try for an upgrade b/c it was our anniversary cruise. And now we've definitely been ruined. :upsidedow Trying to see if we can change our Cat. for our Med cruise next summer...

10. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

We were on the 9/12 Magic and were in an IGT cat 11B. We got to the port and even after chcking in late and standing behind four other families at the supervisors desk we upgraded to The Roy Suite. It was just the two of us. Oh MY! I never said OMG so much in my entire life. I have to say that concierge is very very nice. And I would like to try to do it again, but yes, I can sail without it. In the Roy you got unlimited internet and other perks, I have to say it was the most incredible cruise I have ever been on, and that our kids, who were NOT with us hate us for life :rotfl2:.

11. hbg4

hbg4 Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disne

Hi we're booked on the Dream in cabin 11006, I believe it is the only accessible one BR. I assume you on the Dream or Fantasy. Could you tell me what it's like? I'm not sure I really want to stay in this cabin but it is the only one available for my B2B cruises. Thank you.

12. sydangel68

sydangel68 Mouseketeer

We just sailed on 4 night Dream on Sep 23. We paid $760 to upgrade at the port from a 4c to CatT (1 bedroom).

This was our first cruise and we are hooked. Won't be able to sail in anything smaller than a T with concierge.

We were able to get cabana 5 at CC thanks to our wonderful host Anne-Marie.

13. pharmjenn

pharmjenn Mouseketeer

What an awesome upgrade! Can I ask how many times your original fare was the upgrade (Since I wouldn't presume to ask what you actually paid) On our Dec cruise there seem to be plenty of 1bd available, although the Disney Suites are not showing up. I doubt anything but an Oceanview would be in our price range, but it is neat to know such a huge jump from IGT to a suite is possible.

14. JoiseyMom

Well the jump was possible because none of those who upgraded ahead of us wanted to pay the price or needed that much room. The room for two on the website had been 9k, we paid 3075 for it. Our IGT rate had been 1136. DH felt how many times would this suite be available, and went for it :). It was awesome :).

15. FLbadders5

FLbadders5 Earning My Ears

Question... So we are in a 4D (the Deluxe family with veranda)... From what it seems was that the upgrades were from ocean view to something similar to what we are in and/ or a concierge? If we are already in the largest before being in a concierge, is there any chance we will be offered that? If so anyone know the price tag on this (3 night Dream to Bahamas)... THANKS :thumbsup2

16. Wildernessbride2005

Wildernessbride2005 Mouseketeer

How do you find out which rooms are available on your cruise? I don't think our trip is near capacity and would we get a better deal?

17. Belle4

Belle4 Mouseketeer

I am sort of wondering the same thing. We are sailing in a 4A on a 7 nighter out of Galveston in Dec. I wonder how much extra it would be to jump up to the 1 bedroom concierge. I need to go look up the added perks that come with the concierge to justify the extra cost to my hubby if it is available.

18. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Just tell him the smile that will be on your face is worth every penny!

19. miyta

miyta Mouseketeer

We are in several 4a's on 10/20 and 10/27 out of Galveston, I probably won't change since we have connecting cabins and 2 each in a cabin but am going to find out if available and how much. I'll post any info I get for you :). I have no idea what I will decide and since no DH cruising 10/27 will just need to decide / justify to myself :rotfl:

20. Belle4

Belle4 Mouseketeer

We got an awesome deal on this cruise. This will be my 13th cruise and my first time ever with a balcony so I am afraid that will spoil me to begin with. I have no idea how I would go back to being steerage after cruising in a concierge suite lol!!! I think the minor upgrade cost would cost me big bucks in the future. In any case, I am off to see if there are any available for my sailing.

21. JoiseyMom

You get a good deal at Port if there is availability. After you check in you go to the supervisors desk and they will tell you what is available and how much it will cost you to upgrade.