Upgrade to DxDP from QSDP for $200?

Would you upgrade or use the money or something else?

• Upgrade!

• Use the money for other things at WDW

Results are only viewable after voting.

StuckInKS

DIS Veteran
I think we have finally narrowed our choices to the QSDP or the DxDP. I think we have deicided that the DDP is not going to offer us enough TS credits to be worth it and we will lose half of our snack credits (which is a biggie for us, as purchasing those snacks would add $100 to our total) plus the refillable mugs.

We would get either for just 3 nights and use it for 4 days of our trip. We would then pay OOP for our remaining days (we are moving offsite.) From my calculations, the QSDP + paying for CRT OOP will come up to $210 less than just getting the DxDP. This is, of course, before tips.

I totalled up all but one of our 1 TS meals (as I'm not sure what it will be, but I am leaning toward WCC if Le Cellier doesn't open up,) and 18% off of our highest possible totals is just $118 and some change.

YSH dinner = $207 before tax and tip (w/ 3 kids meals, will order just two if allowed)
Narcossee dinner = $216 before tax and tip (w/ 3 kids meals, will order just two if allowed)
Tutto lunch = $158 before tax and tip (w/ 3 kids meals, will order just two if allowed)
CP breakfast = $ 78 before tax and tip
CRT dinner = Tip included

So, add that to the $210 that we would shell out for DxDP instead of QSDP and we're looking ay MAYBE $350 to upgrade.

I know a large jump in food type and quality for this price should seem like a no-brainer, but I keep thinking of all the extra things we could enjoy at WDW with that money. It would almost pay for my girls to do the GF Princess Tea Party (which my 7-yr-old would be THRILLED with), th oldest two could get outfits at PL and BBB (right now we plan on hair/makeup with costumes that we bring ourselves) or we could stay at Disney 2-3 extra days before we go to the beach.

I'm not sure how I would feel about no TS breaks, since it will be hot and I will be 33-34 weeks pregnant.

What would you do?

I would upgrade too. Honestly, it's worth $350 to upgrade. Plus w/ DxDpl, you get 2 snack credits and the refillable mug. And, since you're pregnant, getting out of the heat and sitting for a while might be worth the upgrade alone. :) We chose to do the DxDpl simply to have the breaks, order what we want and not worry about price, and to sit in air conditioning !:lmao:

I would upgrade. We got back a couple of weeks ago and we did the Dxdp. It was so worth it. We ate a lot. After the first couple of days we canceled our lunch ressies and just winged it. The last day we still had a ton of snack credits so we used them at the Main st. confectionary to get snack souvenirs to bring home. We plan on going back in 2 years (next year if I can talk DH into it ;) ) and we'll use Dxdp.

I would upgarde in a heartbeat. We shell out $1500 for our DXDDP. So having it upgarded for only $350 would be a NO brainer for us. I was however about to say you should just keep your QSDP. Seeing you would like to use the $ elsewhere. But then when i got to the last part of your post I would definately upgrade. I also am pregnant and due 7/26/10. I would hate to only eat at CS places. Plus the nice rest in a/c would be wonderful. Not to mention a nice meal other than a hamburger or chicken nuggets. Go for the upgrade and spoil yourself. I give you many Kuddos for taking on the World that far along. We actually canceled our April trip because of me being preggers. but then I am High risk and wouldn't want to be that far from home! Have a WONDERFUL trip.

We got the free QSDP for our trip next month and we upgraded. DD is type 1 diabetic and the rest in a nice cool place does wonders for her plus I hate the struggle we always seem to run into at CS places. We are lucky enough to be eating at 4 signature places in addition to HDDR and a whole bunch of other places. I am worried it will be a ton of food but better too much good food than not enough so so food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter