Upgrade from QS to DDP

Madfish

Earning My Ears
Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.

Just started looking into booking our first trip. Two adults and one child. Have been offered free QS dining for 14 nights. However, thinking of upgrading this to DDP but this will cost over £500. Is this worth it? Will hope to do 2 or 3 character dining. Would we be best sticking to the QS and just paying for TS meals as and when?

There are so many questions!

Thanks

Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.

Just started looking into booking our first trip. Two adults and one child. Have been offered free QS dining for 14 nights. However, thinking of upgrading this to DDP but this will cost over £500. Is this worth it? Will hope to do 2 or 3 character dining. Would we be best sticking to the QS and just paying for TS meals as and when?

There are so many questions!

Thanks

I don't know the exchange rate, but assuming you do. The best way to decide is to go to allearsnet.com and check the prices of the TS meals you want to do. If that amount is more than or even close to the amount it will cost to upgrade, then I would upgrade as it will mean you can do more TS meals if you so choose. But if you don't, you can still use the rest of your TS credits at most QS restaurants once you've used up all the other QS credits.

Definitely pour over the menus on Allears to look at the options for QS meals. Make sure that you plan to keep enough variety, so that you can eat at the places that offer you something different if you don't upgrade. Especially since the kid menu options repeat themselves over and over and over at most restaurants... chicken nuggets, uncrustable peanut butter and jelly or a turkey sandwich. (which could be fine if those are the things your kids likes to eat all the time) Look for menus like at Sunshine Seasons which has kids options for a chicken Caesar salad, or drumstick and mashed potatoes, or sweet and sour chicken. Snag the meaty macaroni at the Backlot Express. It can take research to keep your kiddo from burning out on the limited child menu selections.

I am only going for 6 days and only plan one character meal and it would take up two of my table service credits if I did upgrade, so I am going to stay with the QSDP. It suits our family's style better too. I really don't like having to keep a dining reservation in mind when I see a Fastpass return time... "Darn honey, we can't get that fast pass for Soaring because it is for the hour that we will be at our dinner reservation". I also don't like how our touring seems to always have us at some point in the park as far as humanly possible from the restaurant we have a reservation in. When my daughter looks up and me and says "I think I have built up the bravery to ride Tower of Terror Mom, lets go before I change my mind!" I don't want to say "Sorry honey, but we have to go to our Fantasmic Dinner Package Dining Reservations now... keep your bravery up for after we eat okay?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!