Upgrade from category 4 to 3

lisa costa

Mouseketeer
Has anyone recently tried to get an upgrade from a category 4, family state room with verandah to a category 3, family suite and if so what was the upgrade charge? We are cruising on the 1st of April and would love to try to upgrade but if it still a fortune I won't even bother to ask if its available.

What length of cruise are you sailing on?

We upgraded at port on our 4 night in Jan. from a 4 to a 3 for $600. Soooooo worth it in our opinion.

wow that sounds awesome, if the room is available will they allow you to automatically upgrade? What was the best part of the bigger room and how many people are in your family, we are five.

We did an upgrade from a four to a three in August on a seven-night cruise. The cost was $1,000.00!!:thumbsup2:):goodvibes:thumbsup2:):goodvibes

We will be on the Wonder, 4 days 3 nights.

In an attempt to reduce this post from causing confusion, you are on a 3 day cruise, not a 4 day cruise.

On our January 24, 2010 4 day Disney Wonder cruise, we booked a category 4 room.

We got to the port early, 9:30 AM, gave our check in luggage to the porters at about 9:45 outside the gate, the security gate opened at about 10:00 AM, and the check in counter opened at about 10:10 AM.

They had several category 3 and one 1 available.

On our 4 day Wonder cruise, from category 4 we could upgrade to:
Category 3 for $600
Category 1 for $1,550.

We took the category 1 upgrade.
Since your cruise is 3 days not 4, I would expect that if a category 3 room is available and you are early enough to get it the amount would be less than $600.

You would not only be increasing room size, but would also be upgrading to concierge as well.

Here's a link about the concierge extras.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405852

This info is from the FAQ section about room descriptions.
These comfortable staterooms can sleep up to 5 and offer 614 square feet of living space.

As you enter these suites, you will find a full bathroom with walk-in shower, toilet and single sink vanity. The gold-veined white marble vanity and white mosaic floors contrast nicely with the dark teak accents. On the other side of the entranceway is a good-sized closet and storage area.

A small dining area includes a table with 3 chairs and a lovely credenza with fresh flowers to add that homey touch. For entertaining, a wet bar with a small refrigerator is available.

The seating in the living room offers a cozy area in which to chat, relax or watch the 26” television. A VCR and CD player complete the entertainment center and CDs and videos are available from your concierge. In the corner display case with knick-knacks, you will find a cabinet underneath that contains board games. The convertible sofa sleeps 2 and is flanked by 2 matching chairs, end tables with lamps and a coffee table in front. Note that if this is a suite with a pull down bed, you may find it here in the living room or in the bedroom.

Sliding frosted glass doors etched with a delicate deco design lead to a spacious bedroom. A curtain can be pulled across for additional privacy. The comfortable queen sized bed has nightstands and lamps on either side. In the walk-in closet, you’ll find lots of storage space with a dresser, room key operated safe, hair dryer and 2 Mickey bathrobes for your use while aboard ship. There is a dressing table for your beauty needs. Relax and sit in the chair and ottoman and watch the 13” television.

A bathroom off the bedroom includes a double vanity of white with gold marble with designer label toiletries. A tub and toilet complete the fixtures found here. A door leads to the other bathroom area.

A breathless view awaits you from the balcony that has a chaise lounge, chair and 2 small tables. Accessible from the bedroom and living room, there is lots of room to enjoy the splendors of the sea.

You never know, we were on a 7 night this month and three days before our departure we got a call that we had received a complimentary upgrade from a cat. 4 to a cat. 3. Disney is no dummy, they now know it will be hard for us to go back to a cat. 4 now that they've shared with us a taste of a cat., especially when you have three small children... it was fabulous!!!

Oh my goodness, that sounds so great, that now if a cat 3 is not available i will be disappointed. Thanks for all the info and I hope we will be able to get the upgrade at port!

I just booked cat 4 for 11 night dec cruise last cruise we had cat3 whats our chances of being able to upgrade Iwould love to get Walt suite its georgeous.

I just booked cat 4 for 11 night dec cruise last cruise we had cat3 whats our chances of being able to upgrade Iwould love to get Walt suite its georgeous.

It's rare that the Walt suite is available...that's very once ina while. We upgraded from 4 to 3 at port for a 7 night cruise and now my hubby would not cruise in anything lower than a 3....it's expensive but luxurious in comparison. We had tried to upgrade before we got to port and were told nothing was available and if it were the cost would be around $3k...when we got to port and we were not one of the first...there were still 2 cat 3's available at a charge of $1200 to upgrade. Not only was there more space...but the concierge service was outstanding.

We took a cat 3 for our next cruise outright because we didnt' want to take a chance of not getting one...being able to upgrade is not guaranteed and disappointing if you don't get it and really want it.

What do you think the chances of a category 3 room being available during spring break 3/31 sailing at port???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter