Updates to MyMagic+ coming soon ***Official April 10, post #102 page 6***

So I don't have to plan around hitting a FP+ kiosk after using my 3rd FP+? What will I do with all the free time??

Seriously though, good addition to the app.

Storymaker sounds cool although a little creepy. But mostly cool.

Love this! The 4th fastpass on the app will make a huge difference for us. Much faster than hunting down a kiosk. Plus, if Mickey greets my toddler by name he will squeal until the end of time.

I was so happy to read this today. I can't wait to be able to use our phones to schedule additional fastpasses on our upcoming trip.

That is huge.

I always wondering why they didn't do it (the technology was there) .I just figured that either they felt the strain on the wifi infrastructure woudl be too great or they didn't allow the 4th Fast Pass via MDE to "control" it and create a bottleneck (another line) to help spread out the crowds and ration out those 4th Fast Passes. Now those will be gobbled up fairly early in the day.

I didn't like having to go to the Kiosks, but I am not sure I like this.
1) It gives big advantage to those who bring phones to the parks (I know . .most everyone does) .. but not everyone did (or used the MDE app in the parks)
2) It gives big advantage to those who schedule their first three fast passes earlier in the day. The sooner you get done with your first three the sooner you can grab a 4th (and 5th and 6th).
3) There will be less Fast Passes available late in the day or ones immediately available.

The time savings will be immense though .. I'll walk through the scanner of my third FP . .and start making my selection for my 4th Fast Pass before I even get on the ride. No more hiking over to a Kiosk (there were too few of them anyway at MK) and then waiting in a 15-20 minute line.

But I think the selections for the 4th, 5th and 6th fast passes will be A LOT slimmer pickings now (especially at the smaller parks) since most everyone will be doing this now (since everyone has been thinking you COULD be doing this and surprised when you couldn't).

I wonder if they will get rid of Kiosks altogether (I doubt it)?

Makes so much sense to allow the extra FP+ to be made from your device instead of needing to go to the kiosk. Had to figure it was just a matter of time. I think the requirement to use the kiosks initially was so they could better manage/track/control it at the onset.

StoryMaker? The fact that it has a name similar to Memory Maker makes me wonder if this will be something that you need to pay an additional fee to opt in for it.

I love this! I don't think it will be ready for our first-week-in-April trip though.

So I don't have to plan around hitting a FP+ kiosk after using my 3rd FP+? What will I do with all the free time??

Seriously though, good addition to the app.

Storymaker sounds cool although a little creepy. But mostly cool.

Creepier than you realize if it's like the plan explained to me years ago ................. :earseek:

So I'm thinking we should also be able to make the additional FP+ selections for any of the parks--even if we are at a different park, yes?

I said this in another thread.

This will be mean that those 4th fast passes will be much harder to come by as many many more people will be gobbling them up throughout the day.

It seems like it makes it more important to schedule your first three fast passes as early as possible so you can make that 4th one sooner than later.

Though they should just let you schedule your 4th fast pass the day of .. the minute the park opens .. no matter WHEN your first three fast passes are .. it doesn't seem fair if you have a late afternoon fast pass to wait until then to schedule your fourth fast pass while someone else whose 3rd fast pass ends at noon could potentially have a 4th or 5th or 6th fast pass before someone else even has a chance to schedule their 4th.

Wonder if that will impact the SDFP.

I think the change is great! But I do believe it may impact super-planners' touring approach. Such People already consider not only what FPs do they want, but exactly when to optimize line avoidance AND availability of 4th+. This may sway more people to do early FPs to be ready for a quick grab at a 4th. I know, I personally didn't bother looking for kiosks because they sometimes appeared to have long waits and sometimes weren't conveniently located to me. For sure, I'm a user who didn't look for 4th+ and certainly would now with the ease of using the app. That surely must affect availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter