**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Any news or rumors about them offering any fireworks on the 18th?
no news yet, not sure if they will still just do it as a surprise that day...the closing hours of GMR and TSMM are still the same, closing early, indicating that fireworks will happen, plus no Osborne dessert party. I'm sure there will be fireworks.

Well, now I really, really hope the fireworks and dessert party run through the Dark Side challenge in April! My cousin wants my aunt and uncle to join us in January, which means I couldn't fit my little brother into the room. I really want to take him to see "SWW...light" to see how great the dessert parties can be! Come on now DPB.

Interesting information- at least for us SWW Geeks...

I called last night to cancel my May reservation and move it to October for MNSSHP and F&W (joked with the CM about whether or not those were going to be cancelled). I had to eat 26 points borrowed from last year, but oh well, these are the things we do to get our fix....

Anyway, we were talking and I asked her if they had had many cancellations since the announcement. She said they had been getting a lot at first, but they have slowed down. She also said that it wasn't as much as they had expected.

I found it bothersome that they made this announcement when they did knowing full well that they were going to piss off a lot of people, and expecting a slew of cancelled reservations because of it. It just seems to me like corporate has really lost touch with the people...

In any case, I will be there is just under 48 hours for a week full of Christmas festivities- and boy does our family need it this year. Here's to hoping Launch Bay isn't as lame as people have been reporting...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!! ENJOY!!!

I called last night to cancel my May reservation and move it to October for MNSSHP and F&W (joked with the CM about whether or not those were going to be cancelled). I had to eat 26 points borrowed from last year, but oh well, these are the things we do to get our fix....

Anyway, we were talking and I asked her if they had had many cancellations since the announcement. She said they had been getting a lot at first, but they have slowed down. She also said that it wasn't as much as they had expected.

I found it bothersome that they made this announcement when they did knowing full well that they were going to piss off a lot of people, and expecting a slew of cancelled reservations because of it. It just seems to me like corporate has really lost touch with the people...

In any case, I will be there is just under 48 hours for a week full of Christmas festivities- and boy does our family need it this year. Here's to hoping Launch Bay isn't as lame as people have been reporting...

I hope you have a great and well-deserved vacation. Don't let this mess with SWW cloud your fun. You probably won't even be dealing with people that were even remotely involved in the decision and are probably just as dismayed as we are. Eat a dole whip, mickey rice krispy, or churro for me:wave2:

no news yet, not sure if they will still just do it as a surprise that day...the closing hours of GMR and TSMM are still the same, closing early, indicating that fireworks will happen, plus no Osborne dessert party. I'm sure there will be fireworks.

Any guesses on the fireworks time? I'm trying to remember what time they were during SWW in relation to park close. We have Ohana reservations at 6:40 that night, so I'm hoping we can go straight to DHS afterwards.

Any guesses on the fireworks time? I'm trying to remember what time they were during SWW in relation to park close. We have Ohana reservations at 6:40 that night, so I'm hoping we can go straight to DHS afterwards.
GMR closes at 8:45pm and TSMM at 9:15pm F! is at 7pm and 9Pm, my guess would be that fireworks are at 9:45pm

have a great time, be ready for crowds though

Since it was early May since I was in HS last, I was wondering. Aside from any special event, is there any Star Wars themed goodies around for sale (food wise) On May 4th there was the Darth Vader cupcake at Starring Rolls. I was wondering if anything like that is available under normal circumstances? Say, if I was to show up on December 15 or 16th?

Since it was early May since I was in HS last, I was wondering. Aside from any special event, is there any Star Wars themed goodies around for sale (food wise) On May 4th there was the Darth Vader cupcake at Starring Rolls. I was wondering if anything like that is available under normal circumstances? Say, if I was to show up on December 15 or 16th?
well if Launch Bay stays as a semi permanent thing until they open SWLand I expect there to be cupcakes at least. Maybe BB8 rice krispie treats

Thanks. I may not be able to see the movie on opening night or be at the party afterwards. But if I can get myself a cupcake or rice krispie treat or something, put on my star wars t shirt and watch one of the original movies on my tablet/phone I'll be happy. Altho i'm keeping hopeful that the fantasmic/fireworks for the 18th will perhaps have something Star Wars oriented (I have a fastpass for that night just in case)

starwarsthanksgiving.jpg

Thanks. I may not be able to see the movie on opening night or be at the party afterwards. But if I can get myself a cupcake or rice krispie treat or something, put on my star wars t shirt and watch one of the original movies on my tablet/phone I'll be happy. Altho i'm keeping hopeful that the fantasmic/fireworks for the 18th will perhaps have something Star Wars oriented (I have a fastpass for that night just in case)

If they have fireworks, it's separate from Fantasmic. It would be fireworks set to Star Wars score. They are amazing!

Just got off the phone and the CM told me that booking for the dessert party starts December 3rd. She didn't have the start date for the actual fireworks but from the press release it would be January 5th, still unclear if it would be every night or only on the weekends.
Like previous posters have said it will be $69 for adult $39 for kids, desserts, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, and from the press release, a Chewie stein
OFF TOPIC: still no word on Skipper's Canteen

Just got off the phone and the CM told me that booking for the dessert party starts December 3rd. She didn't have the start date for the actual fireworks but from the press release it would be January 5th, still unclear if it would be every night or only on the weekends.
Like previous posters have said it will be $69 for adult $39 for kids, desserts, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, and from the press release, a Chewie stein
Awesome...you answered both of my questions in one place today!Happy Thanksgiving!

Is there an end date? This seems like something I'd like to do in June with my son if it is still running. He's upset that he will NEVER get to do Star Wars weekends as I told him that I'd like to take him to it someday, which was suppose to be next year...at least we are still going to Disney.

Is there an end date? This seems like something I'd like to do in June with my son if it is still running. He's upset that he will NEVER get to do Star Wars weekends as I told him that I'd like to take him to it someday, which was suppose to be next year...at least we are still going to Disney.
she didn't have a starting or ending date.

Where did you see the pricing for the dessert party? I haven't seen much on that and am trying to decide if it is something we should do.

Where did you see the pricing for the dessert party? I haven't seen much on that and am trying to decide if it is something we should do.
Just from what the CM on the phone line have said, it's not posted anywhere yet. The press release concerning Launch Bay and other things are on the first page, by categories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter