**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Wow! This review is disappointing. I am not surprised by the food, because the DLR SOTF food did look weird and thrown together. I hope DHS does a better job. Hopefully, with previous SWW experience, it will be better. Even the SM overlay isn't going over greatly:(

http://micechat.com/115754-star-wars-season-of-the-force/
I must be honest and say that I really don't care for overly dramatic reviewers like this "guest" reviewer here. Strikes me as melodramatic and overly critical based on other things I read. Perhaps someone should let him know that this is temporary -- this isn't Star Wars Land. Sounds like someone who takes this and himself way too seriously. JMHO. :goodvibes

I thought this was ludicrous: "while I certainly didn’t like the food I could tell it lacked any authenticity to the Star Wars universe." :rotfl: Wonder how he liked Darth Hummus or a Yoda-shaped cheesecake?!? We enjoyed them immensely. :)

Wow! This review is disappointing. I am not surprised by the food, because the DLR SOTF food did look weird and thrown together. I hope DHS does a better job. Hopefully, with previous SWW experience, it will be better. Even the SM overlay isn't going over greatly:(

I dunno...I read through and looked at all the photos. And with the exception of the Cantina (really why would you not serve in there), it looks pretty much like what I'd expect. I thought the SM overlay looked fantastic when I watched a POV video, and all the riders came back cheering. And really didn't they do all of this in a few months? I think we all get that it isn't permanent.

I also read the last couple of articles below that, including the one on Marvel HQ which from the pics looked great! And the writer didn't like that either. I can appreciate a review discussing flaws and not making it all roses. But this seemed a little more...lets be dramatic to drum up views. I mean, you really took issue with calling it "the pastry menace"?? Like someone else said here awhile back, it's SW. Not the shawshank redemption. It is supposed to be a little silly! I can't imagine what this writer would write about SWW if he takes issues with the banners they hung up in DL.

I must be honest and say that I really don't care for overly dramatic reviewers like this "guest" reviewer here. Strikes me as melodramatic and overly critical based on other things I read. Perhaps someone should let him know that this is temporary -- this isn't Star Wars Land. Sounds like someone who takes this and himself way too seriously. JMHO. :goodvibes

I thought this was ludicrous: "while I certainly didn’t like the food I could tell it lacked any authenticity to the Star Wars universe." :rotfl: Wonder how he liked Darth Hummus or a Yoda-shaped cheesecake?!? We enjoyed them immensely. :)

I dunno...I read through and looked at all the photos. And with the exception of the Cantina (really why would you not serve in there), it looks pretty much like what I'd expect. I thought the SM overlay looked fantastic when I watched a POV video, and all the riders came back cheering. And really didn't they do all of this in a few months? I think we all get that it isn't permanent.

I also read the last couple of articles below that, including the one on Marvel HQ which from the pics looked great! And the writer didn't like that either. I can appreciate a review discussing flaws and not making it all roses. But this seemed a little more...lets be dramatic to drum up views. I mean, you really took issue with calling it "the pastry menace"?? Like someone else said here awhile back, it's SW. Not the shawshank redemption. It is supposed to be a little silly! I can't imagine what this writer would write about SWW if he takes issues with the banners they hung up in DL.

I am hoping that it's people being overly critical SW fans. However, the curry pizza did look and sound disgusting:crazy2: I have read other reviews that seemed pleased. I still think that DHS has as good or a better chance of doing a good job, since they have the experience. I also think DHS Launch Bay is going to have to last even longer than DLR, so maybe they will keep that in mind. Everyone seemed to love Darth's Maul, Watto's Grotto, and Rebel Hangar at SWW this year. I wonder what these guys thought of them. The decor seemed to look really good to me.

Did you guys see that the DL launch bay is scheduled as ending the end of may in 2016? Wonder if dhs will follow suit.

I hadn't seen that. Where was it stated? DLR seems to be building their SW Land faster than DHS. So, I think they will run out of room faster and need the space for other things. I think Launch Bay at DHS is further out of the way, and the space won't be needed as soon. Plus, Toy Story Land is supposed to be built first at DHS, with SW Land coming along much later. I hope that's the case anyway, and DHS Launch Bay hangs around most of next year.

I'm actually a little surprised with just how much they took over Tomorrowland at DL and always viewed Season of the force as a movie promo. Really, the old CP building at DL has been used as "temp" for a long time now.

The not authentic star wars food made me laugh.

Did you guys see that the DL launch bay is scheduled as ending the end of may in 2016? Wonder if dhs will follow suit.

They really need to look for more permanent things for DL Tomorrowland. DHS is a little different IMO - it's promoting a film in a "studio" theme park.

I hadn't seen that. Where was it stated? DLR seems to be building their SW Land faster than DHS. So, I think they will run out of room faster and need the space for other things. I think Launch Bay at DHS is further out of the way, and the space won't be needed as soon. Plus, Toy Story Land is supposed to be built first at DHS, with SW Land coming along much later. I hope that's the case anyway, and DHS Launch Bay hangs around most of next year.

I was actually under the impression that DHS had moved up the timetable? Or, well, at least were doing it quicker than we expected lol. WDWmagic or insidethemagic or one of those magics reported the permits are Jan. 2016 to Oct. 2018, no?

I didn't read the entire review because, honestly, who likes to listen to/read people complain all the time.

I'll just add these 2 points:

1) "You never know who'll show up at the cantina" was the most used phrase on opening day. The cantina hosted Boba Fett, who was not on the schedule. The blocks in the floor form a queue. So, my guess is that the cantina will be home to surprise guests.

2) The review left off my favorite food - the BB-8 treat. A rice crispy treat with m&ms in it and the frosting w/ a BB-8 picture. We had to go back for a second one because I ate most of my son's.

As I said before, Launch Bay is primarily a prop display with a couple meet-n-greets. If you go in with that expectation, you'll enjoy yourself.

I was actually under the impression that DHS had moved up the timetable? Or, well, at least were doing it quicker than we expected lol. WDWmagic or insidethemagic or one of those magics reported the permits are Jan. 2016 to Oct. 2018, no?

That's for Toy Story Land. I wouldn't expect SW Land until 2020 at the earliest. Toy Story Land is supposed to be finished in the first phase and then SW Land in the second.

I didn't read the entire review because, honestly, who likes to listen to/read people complain all the time.

I'll just add these 2 points:

1) "You never know who'll show up at the cantina" was the most used phrase on opening day. The cantina hosted Boba Fett, who was not on the schedule. The blocks in the floor form a queue. So, my guess is that the cantina will be home to surprise guests.

2) The review left off my favorite food - the BB-8 treat. A rice crispy treat with m&ms in it and the frosting w/ a BB-8 picture. We had to go back for a second one because I ate most of my son's.

As I said before, Launch Bay is primarily a prop display with a couple meet-n-greets. If you go in with that expectation, you'll enjoy yourself.

I love rice krispy treats. A BB8 one sounds even better. I hope they have that at DHS.

By the way, I was just watching the DIS video of Launch Bay. It didn't look that bad. The reviewers made it out to be card board standups and spray paint. It sounded like something my kid could have done. I actually thought it looked pretty good, especially considering the limited time they had.

That's for Toy Story Land. I wouldn't expect SW Land until 2020 at the earliest. Toy Story Land is supposed to be finished in the first phase and then SW Land in the second.

Those sites say Toy Story will start to open 2017 in phases and SW in 2018. I think I looked at the areas in the permits at one point, but haven't for some time.

ETA - Naturally, disney will do whatever the H it wants and its all speculation. But they do seem to have a bigger fire under their butts for SW. So I have my fingers crossed real tight...

Here's hoping it's running in DHS in Apr. AGAIN... would make a lot of sense for the Dark Side Half...!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/star-wars/

Those sites say Toy Story will start to open 2017 in phases and SW in 2018. I think I looked at the areas in the permits at one point, but haven't for some time.

I think they are being really optimistic. Plus, I think some of them are confusing the DLR SW Land timeframes with the DHS ones. There is a lot of infrastructure work that has to happen, and none of it has begun. I hear that they have already started stuff at DLR.

EDIT: There could be some pieces of each that open early, but the majority of things, especially the e-ticket attractions, probably won't open first.

EDIT2: Also, that is just the first permit. I don't remember how many permits they filed for Pandora, it was way more than one. So, there are many more permits to come.

I love rice krispy treats. A BB8 one sounds even better. I hope they have that at DHS.

By the way, I was just watching the DIS video of Launch Bay. It didn't look that bad. The reviewers made it out to be card board standups and spray paint. It sounded like something my kid could have done. I actually thought it looked pretty good, especially considering the limited time they had.

I agree. There was quality in their workmanship.

Here's a picture of the BB-8 treat. You can't see the orange rice crispy part. MMM. So delicious.

11924312_10208058831251370_2882170698971306827_n.jpg

My 180+10 opens on Wednesday for my May trip. Are any of the special events running at Hollywood Studios, like the Breakfast with Boba Fett, or is it... nothing?

Just want to make sure that we're making proper reservations.

My 180+10 opens on Wednesday for my May trip. Are any of the special events running at Hollywood Studios, like the Breakfast with Boba Fett, or is it... nothing?

Just want to make sure that we're making proper reservations.
The character meals held during SWW (at SciFi and H&V) will not be returning this year. While they may add something new at any time, there has been no news yet on anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter