Updated Resort Availability Tool

If you do not select a room type you will see all room types.
True but with the prior version of the tool, I could set the point range to show me just Studios and 1BRs, the only rooms types of interest to me. Not a big deal overall but I did find it helpful to be able to limit the number of results displayed. I also found it useful to be able to see every option I could book for the number of points I had available.

When I use it, I see all the resorts, but the availability only originally displays for the first resort listed.
I then have to click on the blue word "Availability" at the bottom of each additional resort to see availability at those additional resorts.
That is a real pain. Anyone else having this issue, and if so is there a something I can check to "show detail on all resorts"?
That's by design. It's a technique a lot of websites use to show users (newbies especially) how to display the search results, by expanding just the first set of results. Most of us wouldn't want all of the results to be expanded because it would require too much scrolling to get to the resorts at the bottom of the page.

That's by design. It's a technique a lot of websites use to show users (newbies especially) how to display the search results, by expanding just the first set of results. Most of us wouldn't want all of the results to be expanded because it would require too much scrolling to get to the resorts at the bottom of the page.
That technique IMHO is stupid, even if it is one a lot of websites use. (I must not fall into the "most of us" category.)
I want to see all the resorts that have availability on the dates I am interested in for the room type I am interested in.
If I have to click to expand each individual resort, it would be almost as quick to go through the regular booking process for each resort to see if my dates and room type are available.
The only benefit of the CRAP is to be able to see availability for resorts that are not yet in my booking window, but since I can not book those at that time, it is not really that beneficial.
The old RAT seemed to provide better information by showing all availability at all resorts, even if I had to scroll down.

That technique IMHO is stupid, even if it is one a lot of websites use.
I want to see all the resorts that have availability on the dates I am interested in for the room type I am interested in.
If I have to click to expand each individual resort, it would be almost as quick to go through the regular booking process for each resort to see if my dates and room type are available.
The only benefit of the CRAP is to be able to see availability for resorts that are not yet in my booking window, but since I can not book those at that time, it is not really that beneficial.
The old RAT seemed to provide better information by showing all availability at all resorts, even if I had to scroll down.

I also feel the same way. But I've gotten used to the clicking even if I still think it's a pain. And even though it's less than pefect it is faster than using the booking tool to do the same.

That technique IMHO is stupid, even if it is one a lot of websites use. (I must not fall into the "most of us" category.)
A better approach would be to have an "Expand All" button on the page. That way those that want to see everything can expand them all with one click. Those of us who are checking availability at just one or two resorts don't have to scroll through lots of data that is not relevant.

Is anybody else experiencing a glitch where you enter dates, party size, etc, and then all the resorts show message like "this room type not available at this resort" as you do if you select a 1 Bdm at the Poly? This is happening consistently. When I simply hit the search button again, it gives me the proper results?

Have you noticed that when they first updated the page, they called it "check resort availability"?

I guess they didn't want us to call it the RAT anymore.

But.

We started calling the check resort avail page the CRAP.

I guess RAT is preferable because they're back to calling it the resort avail tool.

Have you noticed that when they first updated the page, they called it "check resort availability"?

But.

I guess RAT is preferable because they're back to calling it the resort avail tool.

Hilarious! :) :) :)

But.

Hadn't noticed. I'm afraid it's too late for me - CRAP it still is. :rolleyes:

Is anyone still seeing problems with this? I am looking for two days at SSR in a studio in November (12-14th) and everything is booked? Just wondering if its the website or if the new Frozen ride is really pulling in that many bookings? I tried the refresh multiple times, two different browsers and every way from Sunday to search.
Thanks.

Is anyone still seeing problems with this? I am looking for two days at SSR in a studio in November (12-14th) and everything is booked? Just wondering if its the website or if the new Frozen ride is really pulling in that many bookings? I tried the refresh multiple times, two different browsers and every way from Sunday to search.
Thanks.
That is the last weekend of the food and wine festival and veterans day weekend so I would guess those have a much greater impact on that particular weekend than the frozen ride.

Last edited:
F&W reservations are often made 7 months in advance, with some booking 11 months if home resort at BWV or BCV for ease of access to Epcot. Good luck!:goodvibes

Thanks.

Even SSR disappears for many times during DVC's high demand season, late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, by 5 months out. Moreover, for the "extremely" high demand times during that period, including the weekend you want because it is both the end of F&W and a three day weekend with Veteran's Day, days at SSR can be gone even at 7 months out, particularly in studios.

That is the last weekend of the food and wine festival and veterans day weekend so I would guess those have a much greater impact on that particular weekend than the frozen ride.

F&W reservations are often made 7 months in advance, with some booking 11 months if home resort at BWV or BCV for ease of access to Epcot. Good luck!:goodvibes

Even SSR disappears for many times during DVC's high demand season, late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, by 5 months out. Moreover, for the "extremely" high demand times during that period, including the weekend you want because it is both the end of F&W and a three day weekend with Veteran's Day, days at SSR can be gone even at 7 months out, particularly in studios.

AH I forgot about Veteran's Day. Thanks everyone.

Availability continues to be a growing concern. We've been Members for 20-plus years. About 5-6 years ago Disney grew very adept at filling the resorts during previously "low" seasons. For years, with very, very few exceptions, we could always get the resort of choice at 6 or even 5 months during these "low" periods.

More recently, we've seen the 11-month window needed more and more often, especially as kids have aged to adulthood and we really don't have much date flxibility anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter