UPDATED ORGANIZED List of DIS Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't even consider going on a vacation without the kids and DCL is the best line IMO to take children for a cruise. I know that as crazy as my life was at home when we did our first cruise, the kids were 3 & 5, that week on the ship was the most relaxing week I had enjoyed since DS was born. We have always traveled with the kids since they were a few months old, it wasn't any more difficult than staying at home with them. When I traveled with DH on a business trip it was easier for me to pack up and take the baby/kids where I would be able to go out and see new things and sometimes even visit friends who lived nearby instead of staying at home for a week and dealing with them on my own 24/7. The kids were always good travelers too, maybe because we started them both young. They could sleep anywhere and be moved and dressed while they slept.

I don't know if you want to edit the list for this, but the last item has to bring Christmas lights to string up around your room porthole. I can't remember if I read it on the website information (I think it was there), but they say to not bring lights as these due to the potential fire hazzard.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks for the list but I have one thing that is really bothering me. We just got off the ship on Saturday. They are always asking people to be on time for dinner. One of the tips says to be 5 or 10 minutes late to avoid the lines going in the dining room. I find that unfair to the servers who have to play "catch up" with the late people let alone if you are at a table with strangers and have to wait to be served due to the late tablemates. I would love to see that tip deleted. Thanks for hearing me out.

Thanks so much for going through that Lisa!:banana:

I have the old list so I know how much work it was....much appreciation! :goodvibes

I have never been on a cruise before and I am about to book my Cat 7 Cat 5 room for the Eastern Caribbean 7 night 10/30/10. I would like to choose my room. Is there an additional fee for this? Should I choose the front of the ship 7616 or the middle/end 7550?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter