**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just met Krylo Ren, definitely intimidating, he told me "you have two options, join the first is our prepare to die" I'm sorry to say I was weak and joined. ..I'll post the picture tomorrow. Did the disney visa meet, 15 minutes, regular line was 30
I'm glad it's not just me. I watched a video of him and thought he was intimidating. Though I'm a grown up and get that it's a person in costume. He seems to be really be in character. Can't wait for the pic!

DD wants to know if they changed the background - she says the planet Vader was standing in front of was Alderon - which makes sense for Vader but not for Kylo

In other news my mom just flew down to Orlando to spend one night in the Contemporary (with a friend) and then go on a Disney Cruise. SO jealous she's THERE right now and we're not (couldn't care less about the cruise but she's at WDW! - and not even going to a park - ugh!)
Same background as Vader

DD wants to know if they changed the background - she says the planet Vader was standing in front of was Alderon - which makes sense for Vader but not for Kylo

In other news my mom just flew down to Orlando to spend one night in the Contemporary (with a friend) and then go on a Disney Cruise. SO jealous she's THERE right now and we're not (couldn't care less about the cruise but she's at WDW! - and not even going to a park - ugh!)

My kids keep trying to talk us into a cruise. I've never anything but good about Disney cruises (besides the cost). But I can't imagine going to Florida and not stopping at WDW. And the chances of my having enough vacation time for both are low. Maybe when I can finally retire?

JTA is definitely easier to get into now that they've expanded capacity. But, beware that there is more than one villain, so it's possible that your son wouldn't get to fight Vader (although he'd still be able to SEE him).

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to be able to see him up close. Besides, Vader is his favorite SW character (he's an Empire guy ;) ), so he might not want to fight him anyway. LOL. He likes Kylo Ren, too. I personally don't care for him and his temper tantrums and would prefer to meet Vader, but my son will be excited to meet him. My girls have no interest.

In April you will have Launch Bay open with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren meet, stormtroopers patrolling outside through out the day, Jedi Training, Star Tours, Path of the Jedi recap 10 minute movie. Other than that nothing else is guaranteed, there are rumors that the fireworks will be extended but no official word on that as of now.
Vader will not be available for meet and greet but you can see him during JT
As soon as I know anything I post on this site.
Star Wars Weekends was cancelled, last year they made an announcement on that. so no SWW this year

I hope the fireworks are still there! Thanks for all the info!

My boys were very intimidated by Kylo Ren. They huddled against the far wall. They stood firm in their commitment to the light side though. Kylo did tell them firmly to "get out" after hearing that. It was a fun interaction. Much more conversation than we had with Vader last month.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 53
here are the pics from the Disney Visa meet and greet. You can download them all if you want not just one, the CM took about 6 of me.
FYI I wanted to do an awesome pose but as soon as he started talking to me I pretty much froze :D and then came up with the goofy smile.

12654525_10208785741866662_7081942127297804124_n.jpg

12669693_10208785742066667_5529688699358298207_n.jpg

12698556_10208785742026666_4777361921164735293_o.jpg

My kids keep trying to talk us into a cruise. I've never anything but good about Disney cruises (besides the cost). But I can't imagine going to Florida and not stopping at WDW. And the chances of my having enough vacation time for both are low. Maybe when I can finally retire?
We are doing a 4-day cruise next March and will do a few days at WDW first. Depending on the rate we can get for that time, shouldn't cost any more than our 6-day WDW trips. Something to consider...you should price it out.... :stir:

My boys were very intimidated by Kylo Ren. They huddled against the far wall. They stood firm in their commitment to the light side though. Kylo did tell them firmly to "get out" after hearing that. It was a fun interaction. Much more conversation than we had with Vader last month.
I wonder how he'll react to my DS who will be happy to join the Dark Side. ;)

I have a quick tip about meeting Kylo Ren. Just like Vader they have recorded phrases so he doesn't really speak to you, as in you ask a question and he will answer, he basically speaks and expects you to say yes or no or bye...
So when you meet him listen to what he says, give it a sec. cause sometimes he keeps going and then answer. Don't expect to have a conversation with him :)
I guess this would be the same with Magician Mickey at MK.

We were at the dessert party tonight. Fireworks cancelled literally at 8pm due to wind. We were less than pleased, but were rescheduled for Wed night, low of 37. Will they bring out heaters??

We were at the dessert party tonight. Fireworks cancelled literally at 8pm due to wind. We were less than pleased, but were rescheduled for Wed night, low of 37. Will they bring out heaters??

That's a bummer. I hope the weather ends up cooperating.

Hi guys, I know this has been mentioned before.. We are heading to WDW next week (yayy)
I have DS 4.5 yrs, so 1st question - is he too young for JTA and 2nd how/where do we register?

Thanks in advance

I'm so sorry, I've never seen the fireworks get cancelled because of winds. Did you at last get to have food and drinks? They will bring out the heaters, they have several of them and place them all around the area

Hi guys, I know this has been mentioned before.. We are heading to WDW next week (yayy)
I have DS 4.5 yrs, so 1st question - is he too young for JTA and 2nd how/where do we register?

Thanks in advance
Jedi Training is 3 to 12 but if he's too young depends on you, you know him best. He will have to take instruction, listen to the Jedi master and padawan and then fight either Vader or the 7th Sister.
You sign up at the Indiana Jones store next to 50s Prime Time, you should sign up first thing in the morning to guarantee a spot.

The fireworks were not canceled because of wind. We were there last night and it wasn't windy at all. This past November I was at Epcot for the wine and dine half - that was windy but they only delayed them, not canceled them. I overheard some employees talking and they said it was a malfunction. It was incredibly nasty that they just announced "no fireworks, have a nice night". As my 9 year-old said, "They didn't even say sorry"

The fireworks were not canceled because of wind. We were there last night and it wasn't windy at all. This past November I was at Epcot for the wine and dine half - that was windy but they only delayed them, not canceled them. I overheard some employees talking and they said it was a malfunction. It was incredibly nasty that they just announced "no fireworks, have a nice night". As my 9 year-old said, "They didn't even say sorry"
so there wasn't an announcement over the speakers saying something like "due to inclement weather this presentation has been cancelled"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter