UPDATED! I am Your Host, Your Ghost Host. Tricks, Treats and Toddler in October 2011

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15- continued

So we make to baggage claim and wait and wait. Finally our large bag comes through, but no car seat. I am already running through my head the cost to rent one at $10 a day. Ouch! Finally after 20 minutes or more, other bags come up on a completely different carousel next to the one our bag come on. And suddenly we see the car seat. That took like 30 minutes. Ugh!

So we take all of our crap, wheeling most of the carry ons in the stroller while Will walks and pulls his own backpack on wheels. We head downstairs to the parking garage. I notice the HUGE line at the Alamo counter as we pass by. I am so glad I didn’t use Alamo now. We rented from National, who I prefer since I use Emerald Aisle. So we head straight out to the first floor of the parking garage.

I notice all the folks at the airport that are heading in- their vacations over and I get a little sad in anticipation of that being us in a week. Funny, how at the beginning of your vacation, you are already dreading the end. But I try and enjoy and savor the moment knowing we are just beginning ours.

We get to the parking garage, find the midsize aisle and pick out a silver Toyota corolla. It will do. With Emerald Aisle, you simply pick the car, get in and go. I only had to show my ID and credit card at the booth on the drive out and it took like one minute. Thank you Emerald Aisle- sure beats waiting in line at a kiosk or counter. I drive and we head out on 528 to I-4- my preferred route, it is just the way I always go and know the best.

I remember my days as a CM, and how I HATED the tourists that had no clue where they were going when driving. I have a flashback as a car in front of us proceeds to completely stop on the road instead of yielding and merging into the traffic. Seriously people! We finally make it to I-4 and I usually exit at 535, at Downtown Disney basically, driving in through the village hotel area. The traffic is CRAZY. I guess it is Friday night. And it is about 8:45pm or later now. We wait at the light forever and finally get into Disney property and see the big sign. Yeah! We are here. The traffic near DTD is simple insane. Glad we aren’t going there tonight.

We turn and follow the signs to the MK towards our home for the next 8 nights- Bay Lake Towers. We check in the guard booth and proceed to park in the BLT parking lot. We all head in to CR to check in. DH takes William over to the cartoons, which he adores. He loves the old school cartoons. I’ve ordered him some of the “have a laugh” series, but I need to find more of the original old cartoons- especially with Donald. He watches them online a lot, so he loved this.

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
I go to the online check in desk. There is one lady up there, plus a guy that I can’t figure out if he is in line or not. Turns out he had been in line and needed to get something to bring back to the desk. I didn’t wait but like a minute. I didn’t notice a huge line for the regular check in either.

I get a very nice gentleman that grabs my packet for me. He shows me where our room is, it is on the inside of the curve, directly over the pool, 12th floor. I had requested high floor, even number. I only got high floor. Given we were checking in so late, I didn’t risk trying to get another room, since really, this one is pretty good- great pool view. The only better room would be the north side with a potential fireworks view and I didn’t want to risk losing the room we had. He was super nice and broke open the MK map to show me the best spots to view the Halloween parade. He said near Splash Mtn, you can’t hear the music. So I did learn something new! He also pointed out his favorite food and wine booths too.

So with our keys and packet in hand, we pryed Will away from the cartoons and went out to the car to get our bags and up we went. Will’s big thing this trip was pushing the elevator buttons. If you even dared get close to pushing it, he would give you the evil eye. One time, DH pushed it on accident, not thinking and a complete tantrum followed. Not good.

So up we go to the 12th floor. We were fairly close to the elevator, about 4 doors down or so. That was nice because last year, we were at the very end of the hall. We opened the door and DH commented on how small the room was. LOL. Sorry dear. Next time we will really consider the one bedroom (which is what we had last year). It is quite a change from the spacious one bedroom. But it was enough room for the three of us. There was the queen size bed, pull out couch, table, chairs, dresser etc. I did see that we were not in a newly updated room. Our sink was still in the kitchen. To be honest, I didn’t mind it all that much, except for the few times DH and I crashed into each other while he was brushing his teeth and I was trying to get in the fridge for water or something. That was annoying.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I hated the toilet area- it was small, dark and the while we had a “lock” if you even call it that on the door, it barely worked and there was still a good inch gap on the door where you could see in. Not very conducive to doing your private business. I hated that. I also hate how loud those toilets are. The room was clean, but it smelled funny to me. Sort of a rank, moldy smell. DH didn’t smell it. Everything else seemed fine with the exception of the toilet. The top lid opened, but the actual seat itself, well if you lifted it, it wouldn’t stay up. For my little 3 year old, that was not good. He couldn’t hold it up and pee like his dad can, so he ended up just peeing all over the seat instead. Thanks kid. As the only woman in the room, I sure did appreciate that. Lucky me.

We leave our bags and head to the Contempo Café for dinner. Originally, I had considered taking the monorail over to the Poly and eating at Captain Cook’s, just for a change of scenery, but we were so tired and it was late, thanks for the late flight and flooded airplane bathroom (what is with the bad luck in the bathrooms?)

So we head across the bridge to CR and look, there’s WISHES going off- we stop for a moment and watch. What a great first night, walk out to the bridge and see fireworks. This is why I love BLT!!!

We then head into the CR and order at Contempo Café using the fancy machines. I get a burger/fries, DH gets a salad and we get William a burger with applesauce and grapes. He also wants a cupcake. Since he was so good on the planes, we let him get one- the red velvet one. It ends up sitting in our fridge the rest of the trip with only 2 bites taken out of it. Go figure.

ry%3D400

We get our food and it is okay, nothing fancy. I enjoy hearing the monorail rush by as we eat, so relaxing. I actually answered my mom’s panel question about my favorite resort this way-------how I immediately relax when I step into BLT/CR and hear the giggles from Chef Mickey’s and the monorail whizzing by. This. Is. My. Happy. Place.

As we walk back across the bridge, I see they are showing the Lion King on the movie screen outside downstairs- so fun! WE don’t end up doing it this trip, but nice to know it is an option! We also catch the electrical water pageant. Talk about a magical first night!

So after dinner, we are exhausted. We get back to the room and I call bell services to deliver our garden grocer order and also a box a lovely DIS friend left for us. She had stayed at BLT the week before us and packed up some of her leftover water, detergent, apple juice, cereal, soap and more.

It only takes them about 10-15 minutes to bring it up- I tip him $5 and start unpacking. We didn’t order much- just water, juice, milk, apples, yogurt, applesauce etc. I give Will a quick bath and pull out his bed (couch) and get him to rest and do his books while I unpack. I am OCD, through and through. I can’t rest or go to sleep until the room is all organized, unpacked and clean. So DH plays on the laptop and reads his book while I do that. Of course, what is on the TV? None other than Stacy! Gotta love it! I love listening to it over and over, or putting it on the resort channel.

ry%3D400

So all unpacked and tired, I finally give in and go to sleep. It is about 11pm. We have an early morning tomorrow, but we all pass out. I have a hard time sleeping though. It is only an hour time difference form home in TX, but I wake up at 3am, 4am and 5am. DH wakes at 5am for good.

And here is where the fun starts……….I have a hard time sleeping because I was worried about the rental car. When we took the bags out and locked it, I pressed the lock button and the lights were still on. Usually they shut off after a while. So I made a comment to DH about “hey, the lights will turn off, right?” and he says yes. So I kept looking back as we walked off, but lights were still on. I know some cars take a while to turn off and I didn’t remember the lights being on when we first left the car, so I assumed they shut off on their own that first time and would again. But now, tossing and turning, I am second guessing myself- did the lights turn off automatically or not? I almost went out in my pajamas to check. So what happens? Stay tuned to find out!

Hi there, I'm joining in!

I hear ya on the BLT bathroom situation! I would love to add on some BLT points (our home is SSR), but I just can't get over the bathroom. I haven't been staying on top of the fixes, but hopefully that is something they have been addressing.

I hope that your car is OK, there would be nothing worse than a dead battery on vacation!

Got another OCD unpacker here too. I have to get the room all organized before I can think about crawling into bed. No matter how late in the day it is. You've got a friend here with that! :lmao:

I love the cupcakes from Contempo Cafe. I got several of them when we stayed there in July.

That sucks that you kept thinking about the car while you were trying to sleep. I am hoping that it went well...

Yikes, I hope the lights ended up going off on their own! I'm OCD about locking the doors on my car (my lights don't go off automatically, so I', OCD about turning those off too when I have to use them), so I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep without going back to check...or sending DH to do it! :laughing: I have to hit the lock button and hear the horn beep at least twice if not 3 times to be satisfied that the car is locked! Definitely get that from my mom.

I hope the late night didn't interfere with your early morning! We all know just how important those are!!

We're going in December with our 3.5 year old so definitely joining in to hear more about your adventure!!! :)

So after dinner, we are exhausted. We get back to the room and I call bell services to deliver our garden grocer order and also a box a lovely DIS friend left for us. She had stayed at BLT the week before us and packed up some of her leftover water, detergent, apple juice, cereal, soap and more.

Such a nice DisFriend!! ;)

We loved sitting at the Contempo Cafe watching the monorail and people! We just LOVE BLT. I'm now thinking that once every other year is not enough!

Subbing in! It sucks that your flight was delayed a little bit but hopefully it didn't put you guys in too bad of a mood! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Hi there, I'm joining in!

I hear ya on the BLT bathroom situation! I would love to add on some BLT points (our home is SSR), but I just can't get over the bathroom. I haven't been staying on top of the fixes, but hopefully that is something they have been addressing.

I hope that your car is OK, there would be nothing worse than a dead battery on vacation!
I know, it was a little frustrating. We didn't have to deal with it much last year (our first BLt stay) as we were in a one bedroom and DH and I had the master, so our huge bathroom was in the bedroom and pretty private, but the outside bathroom my MIL used was pretty annoying for them.

Got another OCD unpacker here too. I have to get the room all organized before I can think about crawling into bed. No matter how late in the day it is. You've got a friend here with that! :lmao:

I love the cupcakes from Contempo Cafe. I got several of them when we stayed there in July.

That sucks that you kept thinking about the car while you were trying to sleep. I am hoping that it went well...
LOL- glad to know I am not alone there. I really can't relax until I know it is all put away.

Yikes, I hope the lights ended up going off on their own! I'm OCD about locking the doors on my car (my lights don't go off automatically, so I', OCD about turning those off too when I have to use them), so I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep without going back to check...or sending DH to do it! :laughing: I have to hit the lock button and hear the horn beep at least twice if not 3 times to be satisfied that the car is locked! Definitely get that from my mom.

I hope the late night didn't interfere with your early morning! We all know just how important those are!!
Well I definitely need to start doing that at least with rental cars to just be sure!!

I am here now, too late for me? I really enjoyed your trip .:cool1:
Nope, not too late, just getting started. Thanks for joining in the fun!

We're going in December with our 3.5 year old so definitely joining in to hear more about your adventure!!! :)
You guys will have a blast! We've taken him for the last 3 years (can we say spoiled??) and he's been great everytime. This trip was probably the best age so far and I imagine next year will probably be even better. :thumbsup2

I'm here and ready! :banana:
Yeah, welcome in the fun Tricia!

Such a nice DisFriend!! ;)

We loved sitting at the Contempo Cafe watching the monorail and people! We just LOVE BLT. I'm now thinking that once every other year is not enough!
YES_ my AMAZING Dis buddy, Kimberly was so kind!!! :rotfl:;) I still need to send you a little thank you for that. So stay tuned. I might just have to pick you up something special in Disneyland next weekend. I leave next Thursday for 4 nights in Anaheim for work and plan to visit the park and DTD!

Subbing in! It sucks that your flight was delayed a little bit but hopefully it didn't put you guys in too bad of a mood! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Thanks for the sub. I hate late flights, but what can you do. It could have been much worse I guess. This year we are really looking to do a direct flight, even if we have to pay more. I felt the connection thing just took way too long. It wasn't too awful, but I felt we lost a lot of precious disney time. Our flight out of DFW was at noon and yet, we didn't arrive in Orlando until like 7:30-8pm. Usually, our direct flight is 2.5 hours and so we save so much time direct. that is definitely on my list for next year!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!:goodvibes
woo hoo- welcome!

and on a quick off topic (well sort of on topic), side note........we've started planning for 2012.

The best cure for the post trip blues is to plan another one right? I am so thrilled to have the luxury to do this now, all thanks for DVC. :thumbsup2;)

So I spoke with DH yesterday, we were originally thinking we would try Aulani next year, if flights were decent enough. But William seems to have really had a blast this year. I think this was the trip where he was old enough to really get it. He's been talking about the trip non stop since we got back. He was asking about the hotel yesterday- how he wanted to stay in a room at the hotel like one we did with Granny (a one bedroom). We were in a studio this trip and while it was fine, it was a little tight at times.

Anyhow, after much discussion, we decided it was best to skip Aulani and save it for a future trip and head back to WDW while William is at the age to really enjoy it. He'll be 5 for our next trip. We are looking at early November. Right now I am debating on two different weeks. We'd like to fit in Food and Wine again, which I believe runs typically through mid November. Then if possible, see one of the early MVMCPs.

So the dates I am looking at are:
Friday, Nov 2 through Saturday, Nov 10 OR
Friday, Nov 9 through Saturday, Nov 17th

Do you think the second week (9th-17th) would be more crowded and that we might start to see some of the Thanksgiving crowds that Sat, 11/17? Thanksgiving is on 11/22 next year.

We want lowest crowds, best weather and ability to do F&W and MVMCP. I know, not asking for much, right? Anyhow, if you have any experience with early November, let us know. I'll be looking to read and follow some old November trip reports to get a feel for that time of year. We've done December now twice (early Dec), October now, May, August, June etc.

I am very excited to plan another trip. We also debated on who to bring this year. We treated my mother in law and niece last year, this year was just us. So this year, we are inviting my parents. They've treated us in the past, including a fabulous 10 day stay at the Wilderness Lodge in December 2009 for the entire family. So we figure we owe them, right? ;) Plus, they haven't been back since that trip in 2009. My mom is a huge disney fan like me and a HUGE shopper. Dad is the laid back type that just goes with the flow. Both are retired. Mom has some vision issues and is losing her vision due to a pitutary brain tumor she's had operated on twice now. Due to all the medications and her sight, we might use a wheelchair for part of the trip. She tires easily with all of the meds. She is missing her pitutary gland due to the tumor and that controls almost all hormone activity in your body. Dad also has some issues with his feet and diabetes he was just diagnosed with a few years ago. So we will go slower this trip, which is actually welcome to me! We went a little slower this last trip too and I enjoyed it. I figure we will do even more of that.

Our plan is to get a 2 bedroom villa at BLT- lakeview. Looking forward to it. Plus, William will be happy since he preferred the bigger room. We loved having our own kitchen, living area and breakfast/dining area last year. We didn't get to use the living area much, since MIL slept there and my niece slept on the single pull out chair. So we much prefer doing 2 bedrooms for everyone to have privacy and ensure we can actually use the living room area as that.

So that's the latest news and planning in motion. Now to start all over- where to eat, what special activities to plan etc. We have done a lot at Disney, but I know there are more new things to try. So if you have any advice on great new activities, let us know!

I'm in and enjoying your report so far! And we're looking into the 2nd week of November for our next trip too, but not until 2013, so I'm really anxious to see how your week is next year. :goodvibes

I'm in!

Love the airplane pictures!!

For some reason I can't get past page one, I get an error message and IE closes down. Hopefully I will get to see the rest of your report soon!!

Oh yes!! I was able to get to page 2 tonight!

I love the way you write. I could "see" the roads from the airport to BLT and how busy it was on the 535. That traffic can be crazy on a Friday night!

My friend's sister calls them "tourons", tourists who drive like morons.

Never heard of Emerald Aisle but it sounds great! I remember when we lived up north and rented cars down here. Alamo was a killer wait, never less than an hour for us.

I didn't realize the bathrooms at BLT were that bad. Your view of the pool looks great!

We haven't eaten at the Contempo Cafe since the renovations. I can't get over that MY Concourse Steakhouse is gone. :sad1:

How cool to see fireworks on the bridge AND get to your happy place!!

and on a quick off topic (well sort of on topic), side note........we've started planning for 2012.

The best cure for the post trip blues is to plan another one right? I am so thrilled to have the luxury to do this now, all thanks for DVC. :thumbsup2;)

So I spoke with DH yesterday, we were originally thinking we would try Aulani next year, if flights were decent enough. But William seems to have really had a blast this year. I think this was the trip where he was old enough to really get it. He's been talking about the trip non stop since we got back. He was asking about the hotel yesterday- how he wanted to stay in a room at the hotel like one we did with Granny (a one bedroom). We were in a studio this trip and while it was fine, it was a little tight at times.

Anyhow, after much discussion, we decided it was best to skip Aulani and save it for a future trip and head back to WDW while William is at the age to really enjoy it. He'll be 5 for our next trip. We are looking at early November. Right now I am debating on two different weeks. We'd like to fit in Food and Wine again, which I believe runs typically through mid November. Then if possible, see one of the early MVMCPs.

So the dates I am looking at are:
Friday, Nov 2 through Saturday, Nov 10 OR
Friday, Nov 9 through Saturday, Nov 17th

Do you think the second week (9th-17th) would be more crowded and that we might start to see some of the Thanksgiving crowds that Sat, 11/17? Thanksgiving is on 11/22 next year.

We want lowest crowds, best weather and ability to do F&W and MVMCP. I know, not asking for much, right? Anyhow, if you have any experience with early November, let us know. I'll be looking to read and follow some old November trip reports to get a feel for that time of year. We've done December now twice (early Dec), October now, May, August, June etc.

I am very excited to plan another trip. We also debated on who to bring this year. We treated my mother in law and niece last year, this year was just us. So this year, we are inviting my parents. They've treated us in the past, including a fabulous 10 day stay at the Wilderness Lodge in December 2009 for the entire family. So we figure we owe them, right? ;) Plus, they haven't been back since that trip in 2009. My mom is a huge disney fan like me and a HUGE shopper. Dad is the laid back type that just goes with the flow. Both are retired. Mom has some vision issues and is losing her vision due to a pitutary brain tumor she's had operated on twice now. Due to all the medications and her sight, we might use a wheelchair for part of the trip. She tires easily with all of the meds. She is missing her pitutary gland due to the tumor and that controls almost all hormone activity in your body. Dad also has some issues with his feet and diabetes he was just diagnosed with a few years ago. So we will go slower this trip, which is actually welcome to me! We went a little slower this last trip too and I enjoyed it. I figure we will do even more of that.

Our plan is to get a 2 bedroom villa at BLT- lakeview. Looking forward to it. Plus, William will be happy since he preferred the bigger room. We loved having our own kitchen, living area and breakfast/dining area last year. We didn't get to use the living area much, since MIL slept there and my niece slept on the single pull out chair. So we much prefer doing 2 bedrooms for everyone to have privacy and ensure we can actually use the living room area as that.

So that's the latest news and planning in motion. Now to start all over- where to eat, what special activities to plan etc. We have done a lot at Disney, but I know there are more new things to try. So if you have any advice on great new activities, let us know!

That's awesome that you get to plan a return trip!!

Is the 2nd date Veteran's Day weekend? We are going back that weekend this year and I know it will be busy since many people have a long weekend off.

I'm here!!!! Great updates so far! I'm glad to see that William did well on the planes :) I saw that huge cupcake on FB that he was awarded once you got checked in!! Random question..why did you get off at 535 on a Friday?! lol. You can go one more exit and get off at Epcot and it will take you past Epcot and to the MK area. You still get the "Welcome to WDW sign". That is actually the way that the CP buses go because there is always less traffic. I guess it will be a good tip for next time maybe?! lol. Oh the joys of rental cars + tourists + elderly drivers = crazy high insurance in FL!!!!

We turn and follow the signs to the MK towards our home for the next 8 nights- Bay Lake Towers. We check in the guard booth and proceed to park in the BLT parking lot. We all head in to CR to check in. DH takes William over to the cartoons, which he adores. He loves the old school cartoons. I’ve ordered him some of the “have a laugh” series, but I need to find more of the original old cartoons- especially with Donald. He watches them online a lot, so he loved this.

Yay for BLT - that's our HOME too!:yay:

My 3 boys are much older (10, 10 & 13) and they STILL love the "old" Disney cartoons! They always stop to watch them in the hotel lobbies or at Caseys.:happytv:

So up we go to the 12th floor. We were fairly close to the elevator, about 4 doors down or so. That was nice because last year, we were at the very end of the hall. We opened the door and DH commented on how small the room was. LOL. Sorry dear. Next time we will really consider the one bedroom (which is what we had last year).

Yes - I had heard the studios at BLT are smaller than others - good to know!
This year we stayed in a 1BR because it was all 5 of us, but in the future DH and I may go without the kids.:love:

So we head across the bridge to CR and look, there’s WISHES going off- we stop for a moment and watch. What a great first night, walk out to the bridge and see fireworks. This is why I love BLT
There are SO many great places to watch the fireworks! Did you go up to the Top of The World Lounge?

We then head into the CR and order at Contempo Café using the fancy machines. I get a burger/fries, DH gets a salad and we get William a burger with applesauce and grapes. He also wants a cupcake. Since he was so good on the planes, we let him get one- the red velvet one. It ends up sitting in our fridge the rest of the trip with only 2 bites taken out of it. Go figure.
HaHa!! We bought a couple cupcakes from Contempo too. They look so yummy! But the red velvet was my least favorite.:sad2:

As we walk back across the bridge, I see they are showing the Lion King on the movie screen outside downstairs- so fun! WE don’t end up doing it this trip, but nice to know it is an option! We also catch the electrical water pageant. Talk about a magical first night!
Movies on the beach....campfire with s'mores.....activities around the pool.....bocce ball.......ping pong table.......the activity center..........SO MANY reasons to love BLT!:lovestruc

Another FB person, checking in! Loving it so far!
Welcome Katie!

I'm in and enjoying your report so far! And we're looking into the 2nd week of November for our next trip too, but not until 2013, so I'm really anxious to see how your week is next year. :goodvibes
Yeah, hey, it is NEVER too early to plan!

I'm in!

Love the airplane pictures!!

For some reason I can't get past page one, I get an error message and IE closes down. Hopefully I will get to see the rest of your report soon!!
That is so strange, have you tried firefox maybe? Heck, you probably can't even read this response then. :confused3:rotfl:;)

Oh yes!! I was able to get to page 2 tonight!

I love the way you write. I could "see" the roads from the airport to BLT and how busy it was on the 535. That traffic can be crazy on a Friday night!

My friend's sister calls them "tourons", tourists who drive like morons.

Never heard of Emerald Aisle but it sounds great! I remember when we lived up north and rented cars down here. Alamo was a killer wait, never less than an hour for us.

I didn't realize the bathrooms at BLT were that bad. Your view of the pool looks great!

We haven't eaten at the Contempo Cafe since the renovations. I can't get over that MY Concourse Steakhouse is gone. :sad1:

How cool to see fireworks on the bridge AND get to your happy place!!

Is the 2nd date Veteran's Day weekend? We are going back that weekend this year and I know it will be busy since many people have a long weekend off.
I never got to visit the Concourse STeakhouse- was it good? I haven't tried the new WAVE either yet.

Emerald Aisle is great. i highly recommend it if you want to sign up. I think mousesavers.com has a code to sign up free. You book online, walk out to the garage, find the Emerald "aisle" (literally) and just pick out a car in the category you booked, get in and drive! There is the little booth to check out at- but you just hand over drivers license and credit card and it took less than two minutes, then drive out! done! easy peasy!

I love tourons. So using that next time!!:rotfl::thumbsup2

Yep, the bathroom was annoying, but we made due.

yes, the second date is Veteran's weekend on the 11th. I can't wait to hear what you think of that week/end then, please let me know.

I'm here!!!! Great updates so far! I'm glad to see that William did well on the planes :) I saw that huge cupcake on FB that he was awarded once you got checked in!! Random question..why did you get off at 535 on a Friday?! lol. You can go one more exit and get off at Epcot and it will take you past Epcot and to the MK area. You still get the "Welcome to WDW sign". That is actually the way that the CP buses go because there is always less traffic. I guess it will be a good tip for next time maybe?! lol. Oh the joys of rental cars + tourists + elderly drivers = crazy high insurance in FL!!!!
LOL- I know, I wasn't thinking! Next time, I'll go up one more. :rotfl:It was a disaster! I know better now! :laughing:

Yay for planning another trip!!!
I know- I can't wait! a new countdown!!

Yay for BLT - that's our HOME too!:yay:
My 3 boys are much older (10, 10 & 13) and they STILL love the "old" Disney cartoons! They always stop to watch them in the hotel lobbies or at Caseys.:happytv:
Yes - I had heard the studios at BLT are smaller than others - good to know!
This year we stayed in a 1BR because it was all 5 of us, but in the future DH and I may go without the kids.:love:
There are SO many great places to watch the fireworks! Did you go up to the Top of The World Lounge?
HaHa!! We bought a couple cupcakes from Contempo too. They look so yummy! But the red velvet was my least favorite.:sad2:
Movies on the beach....campfire with s'mores.....activities around the pool.....bocce ball.......ping pong table.......the activity center..........SO MANY reasons to love BLT!:lovestruc
I forgot that they play them back there in the corner of Casey's, so stopping there next time. He did enjoy them while waiting at the Epcot character spot, but the line was short, we only were in line like 5 minutes. He was mad when we moved, he wanted to watch more!

The studio would be fine for just the two of you! I did miss the washer/dryer though. I used the free w/d downstairs and it was easy.

We watched WISHES from TOW lounge last year, but missed it this time. I can't wait to go back!

I know, I really enjoy it. We did some pool time this trip, but wished I had more time for the Community hall and other activities! Next time.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter