Updated 03/12/2012 - Dreams-Special Menus Walt's+Silver Spur-(Photos)Food and Show

Carrie_Cat

I'm a Rive Gauche person
As of the 1st of December it's now 45€ for adults

Special Menu time folks :cool1:

Source is Ewis on DCP who called up today and got the following info

The menu will be served from April 1 to September 30, at Walt's and the Silver Spur, except in May and June, when the Silver Spur will be closed: the menu will be served at Walt's and the Blue Lagoon.

The offer is unique and costs € 40 for adults and € 20 for children. The restaurant's reservation is mandatory, at least two hours before showtime.

The meal will entitle you to access a VIP area to watch the show. You must without fail be in the VIP area 30 minutes before the show begins. You can book the restaurant at any time, provided you are present 30 minutes before the hour of Dreams at the entrance to the VIP area.

Also note, your table will be reserved until the time indicated on your reservation. DLP usually tolerate a "courtesy delay" of 15 minutes, but this will * not * valid for the special 20th anniversary menu: remember to be on time.

The menu consists of an starter (to choose between two options), a main course (choice between a fish or meat dish ) and dessert: special "20th Anniversary" cake.

Drinks are not included. It is possible to buy a special bottle of wine 20th birthday, at a price of € 20.

CRO does not know if it will be possible to use a PA or reduction Shareholders, but there is no particular reason that they are denied.

I'll post the one for California Grill separately as it's completely different in terms of choice,conditions and price :scared1:

Update - 30/3/2012

Full menus - I've just translated them all from French so if any errors I apologize in advance as I'm working on less than 4 hours sleep :flower3:

Walt's - An American Restaurant

Adult menu

Starters
Carpaccio of Scallops, vegetable tagliatelle with sesame oil.
Spinach salad with vegetables summer, Serrano ham, melon and Pancetta.

sam_0110.jpg
sam_0111.jpg

Dishes

Sea Bass with watercress, red rice and sauce vierge
Rack of lamb with herb crust, ratatouille and lamb jus.

sam_0112.jpg
sam_0113.jpg

Dessert
The splendid 20th birthday dessert

sam_0114.jpg

Source for these photos is here and credit goes to Madanse :goodvibes

Children's menu

Starters
Potted vegetables, crackers and cucumber.
Duo of cheeses, salmon and chives.

Dishes
Kidsburger.
Fish and chips.
Spinach ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce.

Dessert

Silver Spur Steakhouse

Adult menu

Starters
Silver Spur Salad (salad with foie gras, smoked duck and walnut oil).
Salmon tartare with pink berries and baby salad leafs

Dishes
Pan-fried cod, fennel puree and wilted vegetables.
Skewer of lamb with herbs, roast potatoes and a vegetable millefeuille

Dessert

menu_d10.jpg

Children's menu

Source for these photos is here and credit goes to Lydiedol :goodvibes
Starter

Sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes and Emmental

Dishes
Sausage and fried chicken drumsticks.
Silver Spur burger.
Fish and chips.

Dessert

Blue Lagoon

Adult menu (ATTENTION, this menu will be available only in May and June 2012)

Starters
Filibuster cocktail (shrimp, coconut, ginger) and pickled vegetables.
Pirates Trilogy (sea bream, octopus salad and avocado).

Dishes
Medallion of veal sauce old Jamaica rum and mashed sweet potatoes.
Grilled Swordfish with Caribbean sauce, mango salsa and jasmine rice.

Dessert

This the Pirates Trilogy, the veal and the new dessert which looks far nicer than the old one

dscf4810.jpg

dscf4811.jpg

dscf4812.jpg

Source for these photos is here and credit goes to Kirari :goodvibes

Children's menu (ATTENTION, this menu will be available only in May and June 2012)

Starter
Cherry tomatoes and hearts of palm.

Dishes
Fillet of chicken and gravy with fragrant rice and pan fried vegetables
Tricolor pasta stuffed with cheese, tomato sauce.
Salmon steak with beurre blanc sauce accompanied by fragrant rice and panfried vegetables.

Dessert

- I rang and got the following answers to your questions that had been posed on the thread

There are no special végé menus - the CRO suggests asking the restaurant for the standard végé dish instead when you get there :sad2:

The reserved area is standing only as far as they know

Discounts are valid on these menus so AP-Shareholder-Partner get there usual benefits

You will be given a bracelet with your meal that you'll (wear and) show to the CM at the reserved area

You can eat anytime you like in the day so lunch through to dinner

The offer runs from now until the 30th of September - No plans atm for any prolongement..I guess they will see how it works first during the high season

I think that that covers it for now :lmao:

Thanks for the info! We're going in May so I will be interested to read any reports of whether the special viewing area is worth the extra. It's not as expensive as I thought it might be though.

I'm waiting to see also as it's not expensive but it's limited in choice.

The BL will be veal or swordfish - As we don't eat veal that leaves swordfish which if not cooked right becomes tough. Already it is a very "meaty" fish :confused3

Waiting to see what Walt's offer as mains and will update as I get more info

A little bit confused. I have a booking on the 1st at Walts for 6pm. Does this mean that I can access the VIP area later on for the show?

I'll try and give the restaurant line a call tonight to find out more.

A little bit confused. I have a booking on the 1st at Walts for 6pm. Does this mean that I can access the VIP area later on for the show?

I'll try and give the restaurant line a call tonight to find out more.

I think you would have to be booking the special menu in advance as there will be a certain number of places available per restaurant.

If you do go for it you can give us a report back as I think you will be the first :goodvibes

Just rang them and asked so Walt's menu is as follows

- Carpaccio of Scallops with summer vegetables or Baby leaf spinach salad with Serrano ham and melon

- Sea bass on a bed of cress, red rice, salad and sauce vierge or Lamb with a herb crust served with ratatouille

- Special 20th anniversary dessert

And Dogears you have to request it at your reservation otherwise it's not an option when you are in the restaurant :goodvibes

UGH, this is the one thing that drives me crazy about DLP restaurants...what if you're vegetarian and no, veggies dont eat fish!! ARGH!

Surely they would provide an alternative, I shouldn't have to miss out on VIP meal :( :(

Ps thank you for this info Carrie I'm currently off work really sick so this website is keeping me positive and i've been soooo looking forward to all the info!!

Silver spur is one of the places i want to eat, would love to do the special menu but worried DH can be quite picky, is it the same menu for kids?

I like the sound of that Walt's menu. It will be interesting to know if they'll give a Shareholders discount.

The reserved zone is by Caseys corner so it corresponds to that image I put on the other day.

I'll ring tomorrow to see what the Steakhouse menu is and apparently you do get AP discount but still no formal confirmation. I guess if you get an AP discount you should be getting shareholders and partners :confused3

UGH, this is the one thing that drives me crazy about DLP restaurants...what if you're vegetarian and no, veggies dont eat fish!! ARGH!

Surely they would provide an alternative, I shouldn't have to miss out on VIP meal :( :(

Ps thank you for this info Carrie I'm currently off work really sick so this website is keeping me positive and i've been soooo looking forward to all the info!!

I know what you mean and it drives me nuts too but things are better than even a few years ago let alone when I first came here, so there is hope ;)

I'll check for you tomorrow if you like and all best wishes for getting well soon :hug:

This is very exciting, I'll wait until I hear reports from DISers on whether its worth it before building a case to convince my family :thumbsup2

Thanks Carrie. Very excited about this, although the menu's don't excite me too much, but the prices are way better than I thought they would be! :goodvibes Especially if we get shareholders discount too! Hope the kids menu is a bit more simplistic though!

I'm trying to figure out how good the view from this spot will be, my brain isn't working out the view of the castle from Casey's corner, despite the fact that we stood here for the parade in Feb!

Thanks for posting Carrie :thumbsup2

Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure about the meals. What is the choice for children - do we know yet? I doubt very much my kids would eat any of those meals - DD1 might pick at them but DD2 would starve :laughing:.

I'm not sure about it really. The issue for me would be booking it then the kids being really tired that night and not making it out that late! I am presuming it's like the normaly reservations - just ring up and book, so you could cancel earlier on in the day if you felt the kids weren't going to be up to it? :confused3

Plus, if I'm honest, I don't know how much extra viewing this is going to give you from what I've seen? :confused3

Finally, I just don't fancy BL at all (not with young children anyway) so it would have to be Walts I guess.

I'm really hoping that they continue this until November as I'd love do to this with just DH for our anniversary :lovestruc. Guessing though that the timing will be much earlier as it's dark earlier and the parks will no doubt close earlier once again.

Thanks for the info, Carrie. :)

The lack of choice has really put me off ~ and as I was reading it I thought thank goodness I'm not a veggie. I just sort of assumed it would work like the US parks where you pay a fixed (higher than normal) price then choose off the menu. We were going to give Walt's a miss this time (did I actually just write that? :eek: ) in order to try out other places but may have reconsidered if we could choose off the menu ..... but I can't see us doing that now.

IMO I don't think the viewing area is really going to be any better than elsewhere on Central Plaza end of Main Street, the advantage is that you'll be guaranteed a place so won't have to stake one out quite so early on.

Looking forward to any reports. :thumbsup2

IMO I don't think the viewing area is really going to be any better than elsewhere on Central Plaza end of Main Street, the advantage is that you'll be guaranteed a place so won't have to stake one out quite so early on.

That's what I'm thinking and I guess that's why the menus are any dearer than what they are as I can't see any major advantages in taking it besides eventually the above.

I'm going to Walt's as soon as the new summer menu is up, I just hope there's more choice :goodvibes

I'm with you both on that one :). I will reserve total judgement until more confirmed info is given and some reports come back from those returning but it's not filling me with excitement really :rolleyes1.

As I said on the other thread though, I would definitely do the California Grill one if it is available for our trip in November :lovestruc. Although it is way more money, I do think it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity :thumbsup.

I agree with you all too ;) I got a rush of excitement when I read this earlier, but now that I see the menu choices I know DH won't want to go. And I suppose we should wait to see how good a view you get from other areas.

Does sound lovely though....Dinner and Dreams :cloud9:

Just rang them and asked so Walt's menu is as follows

- Carpaccio of Scallops with summer vegetables or Baby leaf spinach salad with Serrano ham and melon

- Sea bass on a bed of cress, red rice, salad and sauce vierge or Lamb with a herb crust served with ratatouille

- Special 20th anniversary dessert

And Dogears you have to request it at your reservation otherwise it's not an option when you are in the restaurant :goodvibes

Any idea of the childs menu? Also the starters?

Any idea of the childs menu? Also the starters?

Hello ? Please ? Thank you ? :sad2:

Carpaccio of Scallops with summer vegetables or Baby leaf spinach with Serrano ham and melon are the starters

When I HAVE TIME I'll ring back and ask them for other details as I already said further up the thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter