Update- Trip for 4 now!!!Rookie OCDer plans her first trip!

Reese'smom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm sure no one will read this and don't feel obligated to. I just need a place to plan my daughter's first trip to The World! I want to put it here where my DH can't see how OCD I am! Ok, he knows I'm an obsessive planner, but doesn't like to be reminded. I've also loved reading everyone's PTR- thanks for all the great ideas.

The cast: Me: 27yo lover of baby clothes (you may know me from GFs), Twilight and obsessive planning! I'm currently a SAHM and loving every second of it. I was a social worker in my "past life." i love Disney but haven't been for many years. This is my first trip ever to plan for my family. I'm so excited.

DH: 27yo Industrial engineer (AKA cmputer geek). Loves to play Wii, all kinds of music and everything Georgia Tech sports related. Yes, he went to a dorky school and works on a computer all day, but I promise he's not the nerd type. He just sounds that way on paper. He's only been to disney twice- once in elementary school and once with my family about 5yrs ago.

DD: 18months old. the light of our lives and the sole purpose for our Disney trip. She'll be 25 months when we leave. Loves: all animals, talking (we cant understand her, but she knows what she's saying), running, any Disney movie, basically being wild. She's the only toddler I know that has taught themselves how to do flips. This will be her first trip to Disney!

ry%3D400

The plan for now:

Friday, Sept. 10th: Leave after DH gets home from work. Drive all night to DGP's house in Florida
Sat: Beach day
Sun: Beach day
Mon: Get up early, drive 2 hours to ASM resort. Check luggage with desk, head to either Epcot or Magic kingdom?
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom
Wednesday: 2nd day MK
Thurs: Hollywood Studios
Friday: See if hotel will let us check out but leave our car there for a while? Head to Epcot for the day. Leave sometime that afternoon/evening and head back to DGP's.
Sat: Beach
Sun: Head home!

Of course this is just the plan for now. I'm busy checking crowd levels and using TGM to decide which day is the best for which park. Also deciding if we even need to do Epcot or just focus on Magic Kingdom.

So I've started my obsessive Disney planning notebook. I made the cover last night, using a digital kit from Brit-ish designs. I hear she posts on this board! I love all her kits!

ry%3D400

In other news, DH has tried to throw a wrench in my plans. He says he's ready for baby #2!!! I'm so excited, but at the same time, I kinda want to wait to get pregnant until after this trip. Any one with some advice on this? we're leaning towards waiting until late Sept.

Dining ideas (not set in stone yet)

Epcot: Coral Reef
MK: Crystal Palace
Poly: Ohana
HS: Hollywood and Vine

We're booked! I'm so excited. I just got the confirmation email! 5 days, 4 nights at the All Star Movie resort! I wish I could have requested either the Toy Story or dalmation building, but I guess we'll be happy with whatever we get.

This is me right now: :cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :cloud9:

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading!! so far so good!

I like your notebook! Where did you find that design its awesome!!

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading!! so far so good!

I like your notebook! Where did you find that design its awesome!!

Yay I have readers! Thanks for giving a new girl a chance! I actually made that notebook cover in photoshop. I used a digital scrapbook kit by Brit-tish Designs. She posts here, I think. I plan to print it out and use it as the cover of my planning notebook. Thanks again for reading. I need to update on DH and I's debates over where to eat. He's particular about food- he MUST have the best (fanciest) food there. I like simple food and DD likes anything fruit or chicken nugget related.

First of all, I must tell all 2 of my readers that I am a bit obsessed with dressing DD. This trip will be her first Disney experience, so she MUST look the part. I'm not a lover of customs in general, I dont go for the ruffles of the bottoms of jeans. However, I feel like Reese should have something special to wear while we're at Disney. My wallet also wont let me go hog-wild with outfits, so I was thinking a few nice Disney themed shirts that could go with her basic shorts. I ran the idea past DH, who is actually one of the few men I know that care about what their kids wear, and he said he agreed. Disney shirts are needed. He even consented to a special dress to wear out one night. We dont normally do character clothes, so one dress will be planty since she will probably only wear it once or twice. So now I'm forced with this problem. Do I go all out custom and order some shirts from etsy? I've been eyeing some things made by Dis-ers. The problem with these is that most of the shirts are just Mickey heads! I need variety! Reese loves Ariel and tinkerbell but I cant seem to find a decent shirt with them on it.

il_430xN.31562349.jpg
I love SweetBlingaDoo's shirts!

I could go the less expensive option and just stock up on some t shirts from the Disney Store. Lets face it, they aren't as cute a custom shirts. I dont like the writing on them and I'm afraid they would fall apart quickly. On the other hand, DD could probably ruin a custom shirt rather quickly too. Oh the decisions!

Disney store shirt:
100116M

I think that Minnie Head is SUPER CUTE...one of those could be on order. And maybe a few from the Disney store too...or the lovely ladies on the DIS creative boards seem to be able to do all kinds of things, so maybe you could get more designs if you like. It's all up to you!

She will be adorably cute though, no matter what!

Ok- so I mentioned earlier that DH is a foodie. Well in addition to being snobby about food, he also believes in being efficient (he's an industrial engineer). This means he wants to get the most out of our dining plan. He states that we will not waste it on breakfast. this makes me very :sad1: because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! He's not big on buffets either but with a 2yo its easier, so I'll make him do a buffet or two. Here are the options that I have narrowed it down to.

Crystal Palace (must go here!)
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
Cap'n Jack's

Are all these good choices? If not, please suggest something else- it wont hurt my feelings. I've been to Disney a few times but somehow don't remember where I ate any of the times? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Ok- so I mentioned earlier that DH is a foodie. Well in addition to being snobby about food, he also believes in being efficient (he's an industrial engineer). This means he wants to get the most out of our dining plan. He states that we will not waste it on breakfast. this makes me very :sad1: because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! He's not big on buffets either but with a 2yo its easier, so I'll make him do a buffet or two. Here are the options that I have narrowed it down to.

Crystal Palace (must go here!)
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Mama Melrose's
Cap'n Jack's

Are all these good choices? If not, please suggest something else- it wont hurt my feelings. I've been to Disney a few times but somehow don't remember where I ate any of the times? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's are definatly a must especially with a little one! We're doing both in March and I'm very excited! From what I hear there are not many good Table Service places at Hollywood Studies...I've never eaten at Mama Melrose but the Boyfriend has and he likes it and he's a picky eater so I guess that's a good thing!!

i've heard good things about Ohana and haven't really heard much about Cap'n Jacks. How many days are you going for again?

Hi everyone! I've been MIA because of a lot of stuff going on at work and I snuck away to the beach for a few days. Long story short- my job has been in limbo for several months and I think it is finally going to end this week. I was laid off, then back to fill in for someone and she came back sooner than expected so I'm gonna be laid off- again! Oh well. I've come to terms with it and am looking forward to being home with Reese.

Back to Disney planning- anyone have any feedback on my dining choices?

Non-disney related: Reese had her 18month apt. today. They didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. She's tall- 75%! I find this amazing because I'm 5'1. She's skinny- 5%. She's never been anything but 5% so they arent worried. Big head- 75%. The doctor told me that I could try potty training if I wanted. Reese announced " I poop" while we were there, so the doctor said she might be ready. I'm not sure I WANT to potty train before our disney trip!

Disney updates: We ordered some shirts from disney store for Reese! I decided to do some basic shirts like this, and then a couple of custom shirts too!
ry%3D400

We also got Disney Mail! Not exciting information, but excited to get it, if that makes sense. DH will be studying the maps so he can navigate us around The World!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Non-disney: Reese has the craziest hair ever. This is what it looks like when she gets up in the morning and after naps. A big frizzy mess.

ry%3D400

This is what it looks like after a little mousse. I wonder if it will always be somewhat curly or if these are what they call "baby curls?" DH has curls, my hair is straight as can be. I really have no clue how to handle this hair. Any help would be great.

ry%3D400

Just testing my signature! Hoping to get some readers and some suggestions about what else I should be doing to plan my trip!

Ok- so no one is reading this and thats ok. I will continue to talk to myself and add stuff for me. No problems. I worked on my planning notebook more today and worked on my tour plans. I have no idea if I'm missing important things to see.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Still need to work on MK day 2 and Hollywood studios.

I'm reading! Sorry I've been lax about commenting....we leave in just 8 days, so I'll have lots of tips for you when I get back!

I'm reading! Sorry I've been lax about commenting....we leave in just 8 days, so I'll have lots of tips for you when I get back!

Thanks for commenting. I'm beginning to think that this board isn't as nice as my other message board. Seems like everyone has a "group" here and they don't bother to talk to new people. Oh well. I guess I will continue to mostly lurk.

I love your lists! They are so cute!

I check in from work mostly, so sometimes the pictures don't show up and I didn't notice them before! I think they are great.

One of the best ways I've found to get readers is to comment on other people's PTRs. We're all in this together, I think. Or, if you have a really specific question, you can start a thread on it in one of the general forums.

Good luck :vibes: wish I had more advice for you, but I haven't been since 1996! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter