UPDATE POST 26 - Last Minute Travel $10 deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Tine731, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

I am not sure if this has been posted. I did a search and nothing came up.

Last Minute Travel...Remember these guys? They were the site that were giving away $1 a night hotel deals that had us wasting hours trying to get.

They now have $10 a night deals. I just got 2 nights in New Orleans for next week for a total of $20. :thumbsup2 I figured I had nothing to lose.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TheLittleRoo

TheLittleRoo DIS Veteran

I just tried to get a room in NYC at either hotel they had listed. I was not surprised when I kept getting "Nothing available for your dates" when I tried to snag a $10 room. Glad it worked for you, but I think they are all bait and switch.

I really :mad: LMT.com. Still bitter from the whole $1 thing and all the negative things I read about their management team. Shiesters!

4. Dancemom03

Dancemom03 Flexican wannabe

I looked. Even found a 3 star in Kissimmee for just over $8. on a date I need to stay somewhere, but I've got that bad taste in my mouth from the $1 fiasco too, and just couldn't make myself click submit to complete the booking the other night.:sad2:

I think that awful two weeks of $1 empty-promises with our buddies Janice and Kevin will cost LMT more than just a few rooms for quite a while to come...

Uu everyone!

5. livndisney

livndisney DIS Veteran

I saw a thread on here about this a few days ago. I have to agree the whole $1 room thing still does not sit well with me. I have no plans to give this company any money.

6. okeydokey

okeydokey <font color=green>Frosty the Snowman scared me as

Is this the website where you have to pay taxes on the full price of the room and provide your SS#?

7. NC State

NC State DIS Veteran

Yes, can someone give us an update on the $1 deals and how they panned out for everyone?:confused3

8. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

What? They have asked for your SS# in the past?

I just booked the room online like you would do with any other travel site. My cc was charged and they sent me a confirmation.

9. Green Tea

Green Tea <font color=green>I don't do hatchets<br><font col

worked perfectly.

10. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

Are you saying that the SS# and paying taxes in not correct?

11. livndisney

livndisney DIS Veteran

Yes, that is the site.

12. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

So you had to pay taxes on the discounted room rate? How much?

13. holidaybarb

holidaybarb Mouseketeer

Hope it's OK to jump in. I took advantange of my prize with a stay June 20 - 27. I owed nothing to Disney.

I gave my SS# to LMT several months ago but have not yet received the tax form which I assume I'll submit along with other tax forms next spring.

BTW, great preferred room at ASM - wonderful location there. Everything was really perfect.

14. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

Wow! Congrats! I am glad to know someone actually got the $1 a night hotel rooms. Did you pay a $1 a night or did you get it for free? I figured since I actually paid a rate that I will not have to pay taxes. I guess I will find out.:confused3

15. jewjubean

jewjubean <font color=deeppink>You can call me Bean<br><font

Hmm.:d Im going to try and get a room in NOLA for august..we live down here anyway...i dont mind paying a couple dollars tax on a room.

16. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

The site tells you what dates are available for $10. NOLA only had July 2,6,7,8,9,10 available. I booked the 8 & 9th for a quick girls trip.

17. jewjubean

jewjubean <font color=deeppink>You can call me Bean<br><font

Yeah I saw it after I posted. Maybe closer to my dates they will run some sales.
    Do you live in the NOLA area? Im like a hour and forty five minutes away:D. Thats my home airport.

18. DaParkers

DaParkers The original DISard of Oz!

What hotel?

19. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

Not NOLA but close enough...the MS Gulf Coast.

20. Tine731

Tine731 DIS Veteran

The InterContinental on St. Charles

21. holidaybarb

holidaybarb Mouseketeer

My stay at ASM was absolutely free. Of course, if you count the tickets, food, airfare, and other room we needed ....that's another story :rotfl2:

Still, I was incredibly lucky to be at my computer the morning I won. I'd done some prep work and knew what it took to beat the clock, but mostly it was luck. Sometimes that happens....