Update post 18- MS says resale banked points won't show up on website now?

pangyal

#TeamSven
I'd like to see if anyone else has experienced this recently before I spend an hour waiting for Member Administration on the phone tomorrow.

A BLT resale we bought came with 48 points expiring August 31, plus banked 200 2014 points and all 2015 and forward. They finally loaded the contract onto our dashboard today, however the points not originating in the 2015 use year are not showing up. I called MS and she said she could see them, but that because it was a resale contract, I would have to call in every time to use those 248 pre-current UY points and would never be able to see them or use them myself online.

I have bought a number of resale contracts, all with banked points, and this has never happened. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how it was fixed? Thanks!

Hope that's not true. I just closed on a contract with banked points a few days ago. No Points on yet but I am hoping I don't have the same experience. Should show up in a few days.

Maybe those banked points you go were from a transfer? Transferred bank points do not show up on the website and you have to call to use them

Hope that's not true. I just closed on a contract with banked points a few days ago. No Points on yet but I am hoping I don't have the same experience. Should show up in a few days.

Maybe those banked points you go were from a transfer? Transferred bank points do not show up on the website and you have to call to use them
Nope, they were regular banked points. None of my other contracts have had this issue. I hope it's not another way of dissuading resale buyers. I think it's probably an error, but have some trepidation!

It's not unusual for all the points to not be loaded immediately. I'm not saying that they haven't changed but I see zero sense in them doing that. I suspect that there's another step to finish loading everything for your contract.

I can confirm this. I was able to get into my dashboard for my 2 contracts yesterday. The banked points were not appearing. I called MS and they said they can see them but I will not be able to see or use them online. I will have to go through MS if I want to use them.

Wow that seems like such a waste of time for MS-I mean we all know they can load them to show on the dashboard as they previously did for resales-so it really seems like this is just another way to discourage resales-the cruddy thing is that by doing so they are just making wait time to speak with MS longer for everyone so they are actually negatively impacting their own (direct) customers as well.

Wow...if that's true, that's a REALLY low-rent thing for DVC to do. If I encountered that problem, I'd be bombarding member satisfaction (NOT MS) with emails. As CMNJ points out, they are also inconveniencing ALL of their members for a petty, spiteful attack on resale buyers.

These are both new, resale contracts, right? I think this is just a slow load issue. Let us know if things change over the next couple days.

if that is a fundamental resale change don't they have to notify us before ? Like all contracts from this date on will have this change? They can't just go changing the terms unannounced.

These are both new, resale contracts, right? I think this is just a slow load issue. Let us know if things change over the next couple days.
Hopefully the OP was given incorrect info and this is really the case-seems like such a waste of resources that all our dues pay for otherwise.

if that is a fundamental resale change don't they have to notify us before ? Like all contracts from this date on will have this change? They can't just go changing the terms unannounced.
I dont like it either but how are they changing the terms? Not trying to sound confrontational at all just trying to understand your rationale as to why this is a change in the terms.

DVD/DVC can pretty much change what ever they want, they always have and the probably always will.

:earsboy: Bill

I dont like it either but how are they changing the terms? Not trying to sound confrontational at all just trying to understand your rationale as to why this is a change in the terms.

Either a slow point load, a software change, miss-informed MS Advisors or another resale restriction.

Wow...if that's true, that's a REALLY low-rent thing for DVC to do. If I encountered that problem, I'd be bombarding member satisfaction (NOT MS) with emails. As CMNJ points out, they are also inconveniencing ALL of their members for a petty, spiteful attack on resale buyers.

Maybe we need to find somewhere else outside of DVC to send emails of concern, member satisfaction seems to act as a sounding board that doesn't really make change.

I just spoke with a nice person at MS who informed me that he could see my banked points "showing up in green" on his end, meaning he could tell I wouldn't be able to see them. He said that it looked like the way the contract was structured when Member Administration set it up, so I'm not sure that they would be going back into the contract to adjust it as part of the process. Interesting.

UPDATE:

Just spoke to my broker. She said that an email went out last week saying that MS is having issues with banked points showing up and that they are working on correcting it. The email specifically went out to brokers and asked that buyers be informed about this issue and to let buyers know that it is temporary and they are working to correct it.

I don't have any banked points in any of my other contracts, so I can't confirm whether they would show up or not. Anyone with banked points can check their account and see how pervasive it is.

Good news is that this is then not a resale- related issue!

UPDATE:

Just spoke to my broker. She said that an email went out last week saying that MS is having issues with banked points showing up and that they are working on correcting it. The email specifically went out to brokers and asked that buyers be informed about this issue and to let buyers know that it is temporary and they are working to correct it.

I don't have any banked points in any of my other contracts, so I can't confirm whether they would show up or not. Anyone with banked points can check their account and see how pervasive it is.

Sounds like the new computer system roll out messed up some stuff

UPDATE:

I don't have an resale points- all of ours were purchased directly but I can see and use my banked points at this time if I want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter