1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

UPDATE, pg 3,New England, major NorEaster for Friday into Saturday!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Jillpie, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

Ha ha Deb, so true, usually they'll hype it up early, only for it to be a couple of inches. Not this time, this is the real deal. I was at the deli today, had to wait 20 minutes, but then got right out, what a madhouse. But we're as ready as we can be! Lets hope we don't lose power!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

we're all set here, too. dh's company has already shut down for tomorrow; ds's school (UMass-dartmouth) is closed, the restauramt he works for already closed for tomorrow, sp i'm happy tpp tha we'll all be home.

stay safe everyone! :cold:

p.s. pls ignpore the typos, my wrists are in splints fpr the night. :sick:

4. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

Well, we survived the night! And we didn't lose power!! Thank God. We got 22 in inches of snow here on the South Shore. We have lost our cable and Internet, but that's ok, I'm able to watch Ch 5 live on my iPhone, way cool. My sister has lost her power down on the Cape, she's freezing. I feel so bad for the 400,000 that have lost it. How did you all make out?

5. jrsmom

jrsmom DIS Veteran

We are in Southern NH and have about 22 inches as well. Thankfully we never lost power.

Happy shoveling

6. cepmom

cepmom <font color=red>Mine are painted too<br><font colo

we're on the south shore also, haven't heard an official snowfall amount but I'd guess about 22-24". never lost power thankfully and still have cable, internet,phone too! We are lucky! DH is snowblowing now; DD got stuck at work from 3 pm yesterday until 11:30 pm tonight (she's a nurse)I'm glad she wasn't out trying to get home in this mess!

7. MickeySP

MickeySP DIS Veteran

I'm not home yet but from talking with family, my section of Marshfield lost power last night around 9pm, still not back. They are dealing with flooding in the esplanade area with the tidal surges.

No power loss here in Boston though just tons of snow.

It was great with no traffic out there, no fatalities, very few accidents & clean up is going smooth!:cool1:

8. SueInBoston

SueInBoston DIS Veteran

Just back from a walk in the neighborhood. It is beautiful out when the wind is not howling..:) No official measurement yet, but guessing about 24-30 in Boston. Kids are sledding in the local park, people are out snow shoeing and cross country sking. We never lost power or anything.

9. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

DS12 ventured out a little while ago. We have 20+ inches probably. It's hard to tell because the wind is so bad. DS did measure a few places that were over 30 inches.

We never lost power, knock on wood, but we are stuck here for a bit. I can't even see the driveway for the drifts, I hope the plow guy can see it.

10. Snowysmom

Snowysmom <font color=darkorchid>If they say "That's interes

I am northwest of Boston. We got 2 feet of snow. Luckily we did not lose power. DH dug out an area for the dog this morning. The dog showed how much he appreciated it by sticking his entire face in the snowbank. DH is out starting the real cleanup now. It is pretty but it also a big mess to clean up.

11. caitlinsmom

caitlinsmom Mouseketeer

South Shore here also. At least 2 feet of snow here, huge drifts and still snowing sporadically. Kids are outside playing.

12. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

we are in Maine and got over two feet...with three and four foot drifts...
    Furnace man is on his way...as our furnace decided it needs help...it is chilly and I keep resetting it..
    I hate winters but especially the cold and snow of it all..
    Glad that it is almost over with..except the 44 plus mph winds..have a good day all

13. JDX4

JDX4 Mouseketeer

We got 34" and drifts that are even higher. Crazy amount of snow. We are just trying to dig out our car. It was completely buried in the driveway. The town was plowing the roads at the beginning of the storm, but they stopped overnight. The side roads are impassable right now, not sure about the main streets. I can't imagine how they are going to get all the roads and school parking lots plowed in time for school on Monday. There is just no where to put all the snow!

14. tinkerbellfan6880

tinkerbellfan6880 pixie

In my town we got 28" from this storm. It was so hard to plow the snow from my driveway. Didn't know where my driveway ended and the street started. Fell down when the snowblower got stuck in the snow at the end of the driveway.