UPDATE p. 37. I finally canceled. Too much uncertainty for us.

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by EMom, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

Fastpasses in general have never been available during hard ticketed events.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Disney execs have said they don't plan on holding any fastpasses back. There could be a flood of cancellations each morning as people change their plans. That is fascinating about your experience.

4. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

So then people get to check their phones all day. Fun! (not really)

5. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

Well yes but I don't think that's a "simple" process. I could be wrong. I'm certainly not in the construction business. LOL

6. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

You will need to check all day anyway for ride closures, bonus fastpasses, targeted advertising, and meal suggestions. Don't forget the British Revolution starts in the U.K. In 15 minutes.

Maybe Disney will add a standby feature for fastpass? If one opens up you will get a text?

7. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

:badpc:

(substitute phone for pc)

8. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

Yes, but there didn't used to be fastpasses at all for Fantasmic, Wishes, MSEP, etc. so I just wondered if they introduced something for the parties as well. No biggie.

9. clsteve

clsteve "It takes a very long time to become young..."

If Darwin is right about Natural Selection, about 100 years from now all DIS'ers will be slope-backed and have foot long thumbs.....

10. Mom2darlingboys

Mom2darlingboys Mouseketeer

Exactly. I also don't understand when, how and why Disboarders (not all, of course) have come to expect so LITTLE of Disney? :confused3

The MB/MDE/FP+ 'rollout' is, IN MY OPINION, another in a growing list of disappointments. They have not made me love the parks less - they are still my happy place - but failure is failure. Instead of defending, I'd like to see those who know the parks so well holding Disney to a higher standard.

11. dennis j

dennis j Earning My Ears

Waaaaaaaa....

12. nugov2

nugov2 DIS Veteran

I just started reading this thread and I find this statement funny...so really people should shell out 400 for tickets and learn to enjoy Mickey's Philharmonic and the characters roaming the parks. Yes, there is more than the headliners, but those headliners are what people go for. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money to sit in a few shows, ok rides and some smiling CM's. Some people like to travel all over and only go to WDW every few years or longer and want to do more than enjoy Disney without the headliners. That's like saying go to Hawaii and saying the beach/ocean will be closed so go enjoy other things. Yes, there is a lot of fun stuff to do there besides the beach, but that is a must do on a trip that only happens every few years.

I'm not saying I'd cancel my trip, but I am saying I am happy we had our trip in June and my kids got to ride the headliners multiple times and not wait in any long lines. I feel bad for all the people spending thousands and have all of this uncertainty.

13. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

You don't have to believe what my friend said. Fine with me. You certainly do not have to "buy" that her feelings (or that of her many friends) are a valid reason to not renew an AP. What matters is that THEY believe they have a valid reason to not renew because they have come to feel WDW does not value them as much as it once did. Every family must decide what to do with its own money and for some people, 4-6 APs a year actually IS a lot of money. Nothing waaaaa about it. Just people deciding how to spend their own money.

14. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

I have been on this board for years, and have never seen such rudeness.:confused3 Now, we have someone mimicking the OP and pretty much telling her that her friends are liars. What gives? Are people in general just getting more nasty?

15. EMom

To be fair, it was unclear whether he/she was calling ME a liar or MY FRIEND a liar. :lmao: Wait......Which of those is worse? :rotfl:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! :rotfl2:

Goodness, who would have thought me canceling my own vacation (no one else's) would elicit such knicker twisting?

16. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

EMom, I totally supported you and your position before this post, but anyone using the phrase "knicker twisting"...now I want to be your best friend. :goodvibes

17. glammadiva

glammadiva DIS Veteran

First, OP and all the others who are cancelling over the FP+ and MB situation. I am sorry for your dissapointments. For the rest of you, I just completed my 3rd magic band trip, and while I booked my FP+ for all 3 trips, I only used some of them for the first 2. The others I didn't need. Yes, there were a couple of glitches at check in, this trip, but I stayed calm and nice and didn't go all crazy like the guestzilla I saw on Thursday, it took the CM a short amount of time to fix my problem and I happily went on my way. Its all about attitude sometimes. I am so sad to check out today.

18. EMom

Consider it done! And since I usually save "New Best Friend" status for people who say things like, "I thought you were at least 10 years younger," you've fastpassed to the front of the line. :flower3:

19. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

Not everyone sees it as a failure. I get why people do I just disagree. To me it is not a failure.

20. OtherScott

OtherScott Laugh

I think the vast majority of Disney visitors are happy with doing pretty much what you've described as not appealling. Strip away the atmosphere created by Disney's theming and most would be dissatisfied with a day full of riding headliners - they're just not that good.

Maybe people who visit Disney annually or even more frequently lose sight of what most visitors find appealling?

21. nugov2

nugov2 DIS Veteran

I don't think that people see it as a failure since it is too new to really make that decision. It is just the roll out has been done very poorly. The technology isn't where it needs to be, the public isn't really being kept in the loop and the rules are constantly changing. I am sorry, but if people spend thousands of dollars both on site and off and this is not the proper way to implement a system for those guest spending so much. Like I said before, I don't know if I would cancel, but I am just very happy we were on vacation before this came into play. This may be the best system ever in the future, but for the people stuck in MB limbo it isn't right. I think it is probably OK for now, but what about in a few weeks when the park is jammed? We went during high season this past June and had a very enjoyable time. I don't think that will be the case for the next few months unless these kinks really get worked out.

I don't know what is the solution until the system is functional, but if I was spending the kind of money we just spent in WDW and had this looming I would be very disappointed. They need to figure something out and limiting what FP you can get especially at Epcot to one headliner is horrible. Sorry I get that WDW has the right to change their park programs, but people have a right to be unhappy. The park for some people is the rides, especially for families who don't want to take yearly WDW vacations. I guarantee if your box of cheerios switched their 20oz box to 10oz, but kept the price the same and told you it was for your own good people would be crying foul. It is basically the same thing at WDW. They are downgrading their system(at least for the time being) or for some eliminating a system and expecting guests to fork over the same amount of money all while telling you how great it is for you.:crazy2: