Update on Target Debit card limit

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Tara619, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Tara619

Tara619 Mouseketeer

We went to Target last night and got $950 of Disney gift cards plus the other random stuff you're destined to buy when the Target air hits your face. The total was $1012 and the transaction went through no problem. I'm going to go back this week and buy more.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

Ain't that the truth. Oy Target, I love you and and I hate you all at the same time. It's such a complicated relationship. :lmao:

4. ariel fans

ariel fans Mouseketeer

Plan to use Disney gift cards also, what can you use them towards? Thanks Easter fantasy getting closer

5. DisneyCrazMom

DisneyCrazMom Mouseketeer

Curious how long have you had your card? Just curious because I am still "frozen" from my two $475 purchases last week. I am getting more annoyed daily. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

6. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

What do you mean? I've had mine for less than a year and I bought $800, last weekend, and it went through just fine?

7. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

You can use them towards anything Disney. I've used mine to pay off cruise, pay for WDW trip, use them towards my purchases on the ship, and will use them towards my OBN

8. Tara619

Tara619 Mouseketeer

I think I got it in September 2012. But I use it way too much. I have a Target line item in my budget, LOL.

9. Tara619

Tara619 Mouseketeer

There was a post last week debating what the limit was on Target debit cards. Yes it's linked to your checking account but it seems Target has their own random limit and your bank might have a limit.

10. rbadger

rbadger Earning My Ears

What's the deal with the Target cards? Do you get a discount on Disney gift cards using your Target Credit card?

11. Tara619

Tara619 Mouseketeer

Yes, you get a 5% discount when you use your Target Red Card.

12. mommadeb

mommadeb Mouseketeer

Wait...what?!!? I must have missed the boat on the original thread. That's awesome! :banana: What amounts do the GCs come in? I'd hate to have to buy 100 $20 cards (but will if that's what I have to do :thumbsup2) Do the cashiers think you're completely nuts?

13. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

The largest they sell is $50. I bought 36 of them the other day and begged my TA not to kill me:). You also get an additional 5% if you do the pharmacy rewards and get one of the 5% of shopping days (one for each 5 prescriptions filled).

14. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Personally I make that 5% count.

15. mommadeb

mommadeb Mouseketeer

Well, $50 is definitely better than $20! I've never shopped for gift cards at Target because of the fuel points I get at Dillon's (Kroger). Add this to the list of things I learned today.
    WaaaHooo!

I'm guessing my TA has to enter all of them? Yikes! Guess she'll be earning every penny.

16. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

Yes, TA has to make payment. If you have time, you can do a few at a time, but I found out 3 days before I PIF, so I didn't have that luxury. I made a spread sheet and wrote card numbers with security codes and faxed them to her. That way, at least I saved her the trouble of writing them all down while I called them out to her. I told her I was very sorry, but it saved me $175! As I am very low maintenance when it comes to the TA (I do all my own research), I figured it wasn't too bad. In the future, I'll know ahead of time and not give her so many at once. You learn great things here:)

17. jlemieu1

jlemieu1 DIS Veteran

18. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

19. mommadeb

mommadeb Mouseketeer

20. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

21. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

Make sure you take a blank check to target to sign up... They cannot do it without it