Update on Military Discounts

I am already booked at AoA in a suite for free dining. So for sure it is something that can be done. I think the confusion is that the Little Mermaid rooms are not included in the free dining. I have two reservations and two reservation numbers. The first is a room only reservation, the second reservation is for the 10th-15th which will include free dining and in order to get that I had to purchase tickets for 2 days.

I wondered about the TIW card and was trying to figure out if the $100 cost of the card would be worth it since it only saves 20% per meal. I'm just not familiar with it. I live in Jax, so we are close enough to go back on any weekend, but I know we would not go back at any time when it is hot!! Just cooler months so I figure Dec-March. We are also waiting to hear if my DH is going to get a job that will move us back to Panama City, FL. If we move back to PC I know we will probably not be back in a year.

As for the ADR's that I've made I'm thinking about cancelling HDDR and San Angel. I do need to cut them down a bit b/c I just think the cost will get out of hand!!

Thanks so much for all of the help/advise. Now I need to read up more on the TIW!!

Ah... a dual reservation would do the trick since your 2nd reservation has an arrival day during the FD promotion. It means your first 2 days however won't include the dining plan.

And It's not TOO difficult at Disney prices to hit the break even point with the TiW... at least, for the usual $75 price for AP holders. It may be a bit more difficult with the Resident rate. at a 20% discount, the break even is at $500 in Food/Beverage purchases. Since you can see the menu and general pricing for the TS reservations you already have on the Disney website (and thru other Disney reference sites), you can figure out how close to that number you are likely to come during your upcoming stay. If you guys enjoy adult beverages at all, It can really add up to some decent savings. The TiW site has a list of all the eligible restaurants, including I believe the few CS places it's accepted at (usually at the Values where there isn't a TS restaurant).

So is this correct if we purchase 6 tickets all 6 people have to be there and u have to activate all the tickets at the same time?? Bc my husband daughter and i arrive before the other people in our family and were going to meet them at the park....then when they arrive planned on having my husband ( sponser) go out front to activate their tickets???

So is this correct if we purchase 6 tickets all 6 people have to be there and u have to activate all the tickets at the same time?? Bc my husband daughter and i arrive before the other people in our family and were going to meet them at the park....then when they arrive planned on having my husband ( sponser) go out front to activate their tickets???

In the past, everyone has not needed to be there to activate the tickets. You do need to give their names, addresses and maybe birth dates, can't remember! This might change with the new promo, hard to say yet.

I think what you have planned should work just fine. I wouldn't think that you would have to have all 6 activated at the same time, just maybe that the person who's ticket is being activated may need to be there.

If we want to stay at BLT with the room discount for a trip in May 2013, can I book yet? I know the DVC resorts don't open up cash bookings until 7months prior to travel dates, right? If that is the case, then I can't book the room yet? Just don't want to miss the chance.

I think what you have planned should work just fine. I wouldn't think that you would have to have all 6 activated at the same time, just maybe that the person who's ticket is being activated may need to be there.

Steve from Military Disney Tips has listed a Q&A of the rules for the tickets on his website and they are more hard set this time. If you are going to use 6 tickets, all 6 tickets must be purchased at once and all members of your party must be present at activation.

www.militarydisneytips.com

Steve from Military Disney Tips has listed a Q&A of the rules for the tickets on his website and they are more hard set this time. If you are going to use 6 tickets, all 6 tickets must be purchased at once and all members of your party must be present at activation.

I read that too, but it seems that they were saying we could now buy them say 2 at a time, but the servicemember has to be there. I am so confused.

I'm still trying to find out more info on this...

I queried Official Disney channels and they said you could buy tickets separately through the year, but could not use back to back (needed 7 days between).

I've also queried my Unofficial Disney contact, on what the actual implementation (back to back or not) will be at WDW, but he hasn't had the chance to get back to me yet.

Your husband can activate all six at once, the only one that needs to be there for activation is the member. This is how we have done it everytime int he past. Rather than drag my wife and daughter through the line, I go activate them, give the names, and we're always good.

I queried Official Disney channels and they said you could buy tickets separately through the year, but could not use back to back (needed 7 days between).

I've also queried my Unofficial Disney contact, on what the actual implementation (back to back or not) will be at WDW, but he hasn't had the chance to get back to me yet.

Thank you Steve, that's exactly what I needed to know for sure. We won't be taking long trips this year, but may be making 3 seperate trips, hopefully.

Steve TLT said:

Thanks. I hope that's accurate. Dh is deploying for a year soon. DS and I are planning a trip where I'll buy our two tickets. Not sure if we'll get another chance to go to WDW for R&R but want the option to buy three more tickets then if we can/want.

I asked him a question. Our friends are going down BEFORE we go and he said they could purchase our MNSSHP tickets at the window and bring them back for us to use. They return from Disney on September 18, and we are going down September 28. We are just going to give them cash, and get the tickets in advance just in case.

Good to know only the military personnel has to be present to activate. Didn't want to drag the whole family out for that ordeal!

Hello! I have what might be a dumb question which is sad considering we've been able to use the Hero Salute tickets before.

I know you have to purchase the tix by Sept 26, 2013 but can they be used after that? We are planning a trip for October 2013 to DisneyLand and wanted to be sure we could use the hero salute tickets.

Thanks!!

At close of business on September 28, 2013, any of these special tickets lose all value and can no longer be used.

So I went by my local ITT office today to get passes for our trip in October and was told by the clerk that they aren't allowed to order them until after 01October.

Has anyone else had this happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter