• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE!!! Inexpensive Motel for "Night before" check-in

renessa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just wondering if anyone could reccomend an inexpensive (read: cheap) motel within an hour of disney. We will be checking into this motel late, just sleeping and showering(cleanliness is only main issue). Then we check into CBR for our 6 nights in the morning! Thanks!!! Renessa

I did this in December and stayed at the Holiday Inn on East Maingate. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!! The place was horrible. DW and I didn't even pull the covers over us when we tried to sleep because everything just felt so nasty. The whole room felt damp and had a nice mildew smell. The good thing was that we were ready to go early the next morning and were on Disney property by 7:45 AM!!

Greg

I've done Priceline and gotten rooms for about $20 a night. You won't get the Grand Floridian, but if you just need a room, Priceline should work. I usually try to bid in the West Disney area. I usually get the Sleep Inn Maingate, which is clean and has a free continental breakfast in the morning. The rooms are small, but I'm not complaining for $20!

Thanks for the warning ibleedblue! I'll stay away from that one!!!

Barry Hom- I took your advice, and tried for Disney West and I tried price line! We'll see if I get it...Ren

Thanks,Ren!

Just wanted to thank Barry Hom again, as I have "won" 2 nights (one for night before WDW, one for night after) WDW. Priceline was all new to me, but I now understand the way things work.

Here is a summary of my "winnings":

Travelodge Hotel Main Gate East- $20.00 room +$2.28 tax + $5.95 processing fee. Same room with online special (without priceline) = $47.96+tax. 3 miles to WDW, pools, shuttles, etc. We just wanted an inexpensive place to sleep!!!

Sleep Inn Main Gate-$20 room + $2.16 tax+ $5.95 fee. Same room online with summer specia (without priceline) =$59.95+tax. 4 miles to WDW, pools, shuttles, free cont. breakfast...etc.

If anyone has questions I can try to answer them. You basically just choose the area where you want to stay, the night(s), and then name a price. Start low, and continue higher if you wish. It only took 15 minutes to know if I was accepted. Be aware, that if you get acceted that your credit card is automatically charged, and there are no cancelations. Ren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter