UPDATE! Imagineers Unveil Portrait as a Hint to Upcoming WDW Project

I think DH has it. He says it is Donald Sutherland, and believes he will star in the Big Thunder Mountain tv series ABC is producing a pilot for. We read about the pilot in the Chicago Tribune. :cool1:

I was thinking the same thing. If he isn't in the new show, someone used him as a model for the portrait

The fellow’s name is Barnabas T. Bullion, and he’s the gold magnate who rules the Big Thunder Mining Company with a golden fist. Imagineers have already begun working overnight in the park on the attraction’s new interactive queue, where you’ll be able to see this portrait, as well as an additional landscape portrait of the mountain itself.

The fellow’s name is Barnabas T. Bullion, and he’s the gold magnate who rules the Big Thunder Mining Company with a golden fist. Imagineers have already begun working overnight in the park on the attraction’s new interactive queue, where you’ll be able to see this portrait, as well as an additional landscape portrait of the mountain itself.

So I take it BTMR is down for refurb. If it is down, when will it be back up?

So I take it BTMR is down for refurb. If it is down, when will it be back up?

They are only changing the queue and working on it at night. So far there is no scheduled down-time. There's a good chance you could get a day or two shut-down to re-route the queue.

I think DH has it. He says it is Donald Sutherland, and believes he will star in the Big Thunder Mountain tv series ABC is producing a pilot for. We read about the pilot in the Chicago Tribune. :cool1:

There is no pilot commitment for the TV series, nor are actors committed. All Disney has done is commission a script.

The portrait is based upon Imagineer Tony Baxter who helped design BTMR, Splash Mountain and others.

Tony+Baxrer.jpg

There is no pilot commitment for the TV series, nor are actors committed. All Disney has done is commission a script.

The portrait is based upon Imagineer Tony Baxter who helped design BTMR, Splash Mountain and others.

Tony+Baxrer.jpg

I'll have to take your word for it that your info is more accurate than the Chicago Tribune. Wouldn't be the first time a newspaper ran off the rails with a story :rotfl2:

Disneyland's Thunder Mountain riding to TV: ABC developing show based on popular roller coaster
November 13, 2012|Stuart Levine | Variety

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is on the track to TV.

ABC has bought a supernatural adventure drama script from Chris Morgan and Jason Fuchs based on the Disneyland and Disney World roller-coaster ride.

ABC Studio is producing. Morgan and Fuchs would exec produce.

Fuchs is an actor and writer who penned the bigscreen animation pic "Ice Age: Continental Drift," released last summer.

Chris Morgan is currently working on the sixth installment of "The Fast and the Furious" franchise for Universal. He has written other "Fast and Furious" installments as well.

Disneyland's Thunder Mountain riding to TV: ABC developing show based on popular roller coaster
November 13, 2012|Stuart Levine | Variety

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is on the track to TV.

ABC has bought a supernatural adventure drama script from Chris Morgan and Jason Fuchs based on the Disneyland and Disney World roller-coaster ride.

ABC Studio is producing. Morgan and Fuchs would exec produce.

Fuchs is an actor and writer who penned the bigscreen animation pic "Ice Age: Continental Drift," released last summer.

Chris Morgan is currently working on the sixth installment of "The Fast and the Furious" franchise for Universal. He has written other "Fast and Furious" installments as well.
Fast and Furious? Wow. That really says quality.

Fast and Furious? Wow. That really says quality.

Not many writers have spotless resumes and the ones who do aren't making TV series' based upon theme park attractions.

Might be a few more years before we see Aaron Sorkin's take on It's a Small World or Cameron Crowe's reboot of The Country Bears.

According to Disneyland Publicity Baxter came up with the concept for "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad," So I am sure his "story" would figure into an interactive que refurb on BTMR

Not many writers have spotless resumes and the ones who do aren't making TV series' based upon theme park attractions.

Might be a few more years before we see Aaron Sorkin's take on It's a Small World or Cameron Crowe's reboot of The Country Bears.
Slightly off topic, but now I'm imagining the Aaron Sorkin repartee between the IASW dolls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!