**update bought two seats and ***!!!! Help me with a carseat issue!!

My kid is worth a million $ to me. So I am happy to spend what I have to keep my son harnessed at 8 1/2. If you work out how much a carseat cost daily they are quite the deal!

Hope you can find something that works.

Sit down. Have a cup of coffee or tea. Take a deep breath then:

Go thru the user manual and call the manufacturer in the morning. They most likely will send the new belts/tether. If they can't , return to Toys R Us and get a raincheck if possible or order online.

Meanwhile, I am sure that you could figure out something with the 1 new one and your old seats.

Lots of luck.

Can you explain how the buckle looks on them? I bought one a few weeks ago and the buckle between the legs is much different than the other ones I am used to. The others are more like seatbelt buckles and this one has a piece I have to push down hard with my thumb. That is my biggest dislike of the seat so far. I wonder if I have the newer or older style?

Sit down. Have a cup of coffee or tea. Take a deep breath then:

Go thru the user manual and call the manufacturer in the morning. They most likely will send the new belts/tether. If they can't , return to Toys R Us and get a raincheck if possible or order online.

Meanwhile, I am sure that you could figure out something with the 1 new one and your old seats.

Lots of luck.

they wont give a raincheck it said so right on the sign

im gonna call in the AM and hope graco sends me the right stuff i need.

I'm sure Graco will make it right...if not, just wait for TRus to get another one and swap it out! We've never used latch...at first our cars were too old, and then we we got "new" (to us) cars 3 years ago we were so used to just using the buckle we stayed with it.

Take it back to Toys R Us and have them swap it. I know they don't have any instock but they can order it and they can honor the original price you paid. I think you will have great luck with Graco but if the seat is messed up out of the box I would return it to TRU. They can also check other stores to see if they have any instock.

i posted on their facebook wall and they admin of their page asked me to e-mail her so i did. hopefully they can get me what i need ASAP because i need these carseats for a trip we are taking on thursday

My daughter is 6, but this past fall (age 5.5) we realized she was too tall for her Alpha Omega carseat, but she only weighed 36 pounds so there was no way I was putting her in a booster. I know plenty of people do it especially at 5, but I did some research and didn't feel comfortable with it. We bought the Nautilus that harnesses up to 65 pounds. She loves the carseat. I think since she only weighs 38 pounds at age 6 she'll probably go from being in a 5 point harness to a regular seat-belt. I don't know of anyone her age that is still in a 5-point harness, but I don't care. I feel she is safer and technically right now she should still be harnessed. I bought mine on sale at Target. It's a light purple and grey and I think it's a lot cooler (temp wise) than the all black one she had.

Mine is! 6 years and still in the new Britax! Does your daughter complain that she's the only one still in one? Mine does and I remind her that I love her and want to keep her safe the best way I know how and then I remind her that all families have different rules!

Does anyone else have this model? Not to buy somewhere else but to see which set of straps is really supposed to come with it. You would not want to do an exchange to find out that the shorter straps were the correct straps.

Otherwise I would take it back immediately and try for an exchange for identical or equal or better at no extra charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter