UPDATE 11/18! - WDW w/an Obsessive Planner,an Ex-Soldier,a Marine, & a Drama Queen

5 DAYS!!!! (Don't you just love how I start all my posts to you with your remaining days in CAPS...:rotfl2: )

You guys are going to have such a good time!!!

And I am sending pixie dust that Mike gets the time off! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

It's 6:41pm on Sunday...do I get to say that there are only 4 days left or do I still have to say 5? :confused3

Today I went shopping with Mike and Erika to finish getting the stuff for their costumes! When we got home, Erika and I put ours on to show my mom, step-dad, and sister...we look SOOO cute!! This party is going to be AWESOME! We are so excited! Mike bought a pair of jeans that are smaller than what he normally wears, and we found some Airwalk brand sneakers at Payless that look like the Chuck Taylor Converse. The "Grease" wigs I bought for Mike and Lumar came the other day and I made Mike take his out and try it on.... as with any wig it needs work so when we get to WDW on Friday night, Erika and I will trim them a bit and comb them out a little so it looks like hair, and not a helmet. Lumar hasn't even seen the sneakers I got but he is already complaining that I didn't get him REAL Converse. Why spend like $50 on real ones (that he'll never wear again, I'm sure) when the knock-off's were $20? Seriously....if he wants me to return the fake ones and he wants to spend his own money on the real ones, then fine. But I just think that's stupid when it's a savings of at least $30 he could use on the trip for buying other stuff. And NO I did not take pictures of us in our costumes...you have to wait until I post our day at MNSSHP! Actually to be honest I didn't even think about taking pictures, but if I had I would have vetoed myself and made you wait anyway! Ha Ha Ha!

Oh can I just say how insanely jealous my sister is that she is not coming? She bought herself an iPhone and an iMac for a grand total of $1600. For $1400, she could have come to WDW. :rolleyes1

I went up to the attic to get my suitcase this afternoon and I couldn't find it. I'm so annoyed. :headache: It probably got buried behind the 500 boxes of Christmas decorations that my mom has stored up there...and we don't have electricity up there so I have to plug in like a utility lamp in the bathroom downstairs and drag the lamp up to the attic with an extension cord. That does not make for easy searching. So I have to wait for Lumar to come home and then have him come up there and help me look. It's funny though that ALL the suitcases are together in one part of the attic except for mine :sad2:

I saw that a new discount code was released yesterday for anyone who booked a MYW package for travel between 9/30/07 and 12/23/07. So I called to see if I could get the discount and two different CM's told me that this code is only valid for travel dates starting 10/21/07 until 12/23/07. So I come online to the DIS for the expert opinion on this matter, and I do in fact find out that wdwinfo.com was wrong and posted the wrong dates. So once again, no discount for me. Oh well...that must simply mean that this trip is going to be overly fantastic!

Still no word on Mike's Vacation Status, but he tells me today (and I quote)
"Since Friday is a half day for us, the Sgt says he may be able to let me leave at 8 instead of 12." I was like, 8am?? On FRIDAY?? Mike says "yeah." :scared: I'm like "Our flight leaves at 3:15....that means we have to be at the airport by 1:15. It takes over an hour to get there from Dad's house and it takes an hour TO GET to Dad's house. So we are leaving here at 10am so we can get to Dad's by 11...leave around 12 and get to the airport by 1. You are going to be in Mass. and it's going to take you 2 hours to get home. Which means, IF you get to leave at 8am, you will get home just in time to leave again. If he decides to make you stay until 12, then you won't get home til 2pm and you'll miss the flight." So he says "I'll just meet you at Dad's then."

I was going to tell him that even still, it will take him an hour to get to my dad's from Mass, so he would arrive there at the same time we will all be getting to the airport...but I decided to not worry about it right now and deal with it, only if I have to, on Friday.

And lets all go back to Page 1 where Mike said that joining the military would make life easy.... (Right now, I wish there was a smiley icon of one smiley smacking the other smiley upside the head, because that's the one I would be using right here)

Oh, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the costumes.

I can't believe Mike still doesn't have an answer. What the heck is his boss waiting for? Are you dying to call and talk to someone yourself?? That would be what I'd be thinking.

Of course I would just be thinking it, not really doing it. But I swear men are like little kids sometimes (please no flames). I just don't know what they would do without us women!!

Oh, I'd have bought the cheap converse knock off too!!

YAAAAAAAY 4 more days!!

Hey everyone...for those interested, I posted some pictures of a few pages from my scrapbook on another thread and thought I would share with you in case you wanted to see some examples!

Click Here!

Ok, now I really want you to come do me a book. So when you get back just stroll on this way and begin. :lmao:

Those pages are great. I so wish I had the creativity to do them. I bet it would be so much fun to look through the whole book! Thanks for sharing! You are quite talented.

I've been lurking and now I am subbing right before you leave...:sad1:

I would have some plans in place just in case your brother doesn't make it in time.........I think it would put your mind at ease knowing you have some alternative plans...

Perhaps call the airlines to see what happens if he misses his flight. Is there a fee to take a later flight? Is there another flight? What happens w/ Magical Express? can he just take another bus.....

I would rather know the answers to those questions before Friday. You wouldn't want your brother to be late and THEN try and figure out what to do.....

VERY nice scrapbook!! I've been working on one for about 4 years. I have 3 pages done.:woohoo:

I bought tons and tons of stuff but just can't seem to get it going. I even have the pictures separated into categories!

Oh well.

Hey,

3 MORE DAYS!!!!!

I've been lurking and now I am subbing right before you leave...:sad1:
I would have some plans in place just in case your brother doesn't make it in time.........I think it would put your mind at ease knowing you have some alternative plans...
Perhaps call the airlines to see what happens if he misses his flight. Is there a fee to take a later flight? Is there another flight? What happens w/ Magical Express? can he just take another bus.....
I would rather know the answers to those questions before Friday. You wouldn't want your brother to be late and THEN try and figure out what to do.....

We bought Mike and Erika the refundable airfare, so if it turns out that he is going to be late or something, he can exchange his tickets for a later flight. I thought of that when I booked the trip because I didn't even know if he would be home from Africa in time! It's not really anything to panic over, I just hate it when things don't go my way! :rotfl:

Nikki & Amanda: Thanks for the compliments on those few pages you saw! I wish I could share the whole book with you! When we come back, I have to do a book for Mike and Erika (Merry Christmas!) and then mine and Lumar's but after that I would be willing to do your Disney books! You could send me your stuff via UPS or whatever and I could totally do them for you! Let me know if it's something you're interested in! :thumbsup2

3 Days!!! BTW I did all of my packing last night and I started Lumar's too so I am well ahead of schedule! Just need to do some last minute shopping today!

We bought Mike and Erika the refundable airfare, so if it turns out that he is going to be late or something, he can exchange his tickets for a later flight. I thought of that when I booked the trip because I didn't even know if he would be home from Africa in time! It's not really anything to panic over, I just hate it when things don't go my way! :rotfl:

Nikki & Amanda: Thanks for the compliments on those few pages you saw! I wish I could share the whole book with you! When we come back, I have to do a book for Mike and Erika (Merry Christmas!) and then mine and Lumar's but after that I would be willing to do your Disney books! You could send me your stuff via UPS or whatever and I could totally do them for you! Let me know if it's something you're interested in! :thumbsup2

3 Days!!! BTW I did all of my packing last night and I started Lumar's too so I am well ahead of schedule! Just need to do some last minute shopping today!

Of course, I should've known that people on these boards already thought of every single possible detail;) I hope they all know how much effort you are putting into making their vacation great.:)

By the way, I saw some of your posts on DinDin's thread and followed you over here....:)

OK guys...this is what the forcast in Orlando looks like for the weekend into next week:

Fri
Oct 5 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 90° LOW 75° Chance of Precip: 40%

Sat
Oct 6 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 87° LOW 74° Chance of Precip: 40%

Sun
Oct 7 Isolated T-Storms
HIGH 87° LOW 74° Chance of Precip: 30%

Mon
Oct 8 Isolated T-Storms
HIGH 86° LOW 72° Chance of Precip: 30%

Tue
Oct 9 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 84° LOW 71° Chance of Precip: 30%

Wed
Oct 10 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 85° LOW 71° Chance of Precip: 60%

Thu
Oct 11 Scattered T-Storms

Should I start panicking yet?? :scared:

OK guys...this is what the forcast in Orlando looks like for the weekend into next week:

Fri
Oct 5 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 90° LOW 75° Chance of Precip: 40%

Sat
Oct 6 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 87° LOW 74° Chance of Precip: 40%

Sun
Oct 7 Isolated T-Storms
HIGH 87° LOW 74° Chance of Precip: 30%

Mon
Oct 8 Isolated T-Storms
HIGH 86° LOW 72° Chance of Precip: 30%

Tue
Oct 9 Scattered T-Storms
HIGH 84° LOW 71° Chance of Precip: 30%

Wed
Oct 10 Scattered T-Storms

Thu
Oct 11 Scattered T-Storms

Should I start panicking yet?? :scared:

DON'T WORRY SIMBA!! IN THREE DAYS YOU'LL BE IN DISNEY!!! :cool1:

Guys, seriously, as if I am not already worrying enough (in all fairness, I did warn you all on page 1 that I am a "worrier") I just found something out about my camcorder. Remember I was going to try and record Mike's homecoming for you, and then I said I was going to record me trying to pack up the bunnies? Well I just found out that the stupid thing didn't come with a USB cable so I have no way to put my video's on my computer! :headache: I just posted a thread on the photography board, desperately seeking help, because there are like 6 different cables available and I am totall electronically clueless and have no idea what any of that technical stuff means!

I know that everything will be OK, I'm just feeling frustrated and needed to vent to the only people who won't give me a blank stare and then change the subject (at least not to my knowledge)!

Guys, seriously, as if I am not already worrying enough (in all fairness, I did warn you all on page 1 that I am a "worrier") I just found something out about my camcorder. Remember I was going to try and record Mike's homecoming for you, and then I said I was going to record me trying to pack up the bunnies? Well I just found out that the stupid thing didn't come with a USB cable so I have no way to put my video's on my computer! :headache: I just posted a thread on the photography board, desperately seeking help, because there are like 6 different cables available and I am totall electronically clueless and have no idea what any of that technical stuff means!

I know that everything will be OK, I'm just feeling frustrated and needed to vent to the only people who won't give me a blank stare and then change the subject (at least not to my knowledge)!

Sorry, I can't help you out. :sad1:
Good luck and I'm sure you'll have it figured out before you leave. :)

It should give you some information in the book that came with it. Now remember, I say should!

If not, you can always go to the website of the brand of camcorder.

It'll be alright!! You only have

2 days!!!!!!!!!

ACK!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!!

I'll have an official update for you guys tomorrow night before I go to bed and then you won't hear from me again until the 14th or 15th!

Thanks for following along with me everyone! Watch for my last Pre-Trip Update tomorrow night!

ACK!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!!

I'll have an official update for you guys tomorrow night before I go to bed and then you won't hear from me again until the 14th or 15th!

Thanks for following along with me everyone! Watch for my last Pre-Trip Update tomorrow night!

I am excited for you! I bet you will have one awesome trip!! I can't wait to see pics! I know you are going to have a blast at MNSSHP!

I will look forward to your TR when you get back.

Thank you again for your kindness as well. It was so very sweet of you! :hug:

Oh yeah and I might take you up on that book offer later. It might be some time though as I still have to put them all into an album and then worry about getting more if I want to scrap as well! :rotfl: Choices choices!

You will have to share more pics of your book. I like seeing scrap pages.:goodvibes

have a safe trip and remember (with the rain) a bad day at disney is still better than a good day at home.
Cant wait for the trip report

Have a fantastic time!!! I will be waiting for you to get back to hear all about it.

I know I don't have to tell you to take lots of pictures. Be careful!! (that's the mom in me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter