(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Tinker326

DIS Veteran
Welcome fellow DIS friends. This is a tale. A tale of Two Tweedles. And some cupcakes (some live & some edible). And some Spazzhands (what's that you ask? You have to read to find out!). And 19.3 Miles (better known as the Glass Slipper Challenge of Princess Half Marathon Weekend).

This was an adventure. An adventure of new friends, good times, good eats, good drinks & miles and miles on the Disney grounds during Princess Half Marathon weekend 2015!

This is a joint trip report. Both Tweedles. Tweedle Dee Karen. Tweedle Dum Nicole.

Here we are:

We will introduce ourselves individually soon.

The Tweedles met online. Right here on the DIS. And like true Tweedles.. clicked fast. Before we knew it, we were planning to head to Princess Half Marathon together and tackle the Glass Slipper Challenge!

The Tweedle name came about (and will stick forever) because we decided to run as the Tweedles for the 10K portion of the Challenge.

Bossy Tweedle. And Confused Tweedle. (That's Karen on the left- aka as Bossy and Nicole on the right- aka as confused).

Soon after meeting, the Tweedles met a new group of ladies also planning on running PHM weekend. They were dubbed "Cupcakes". They were runners who's reason for running was to ENJOY the journey & eat lots of cupcakes. We were hooked. And over the course of an amazing year, we got to know a group of about 20 "Cupcakes" that joined our adventures. It was truly life changing to have found such an amazing group of ladies to experience not only the trip itself... but every high & low in between of training and planning. I am speaking for my Tweedle here as well to say I feel incredibly blessed to have stumbled on this group. I love my Cupcakes!

More cupcakes at race start:

So we hope you enjoy our tale. It will be jointly written by both Tweedles. And a Table of Contents will be added in the post below!

Last edited:
Saved for my Tweedlerambles... I'm blue! What color are you going to use Tweedle?

haha...you should have let me edit that wire hanging out of my pocket in the group picture!
:tongue: I added the cropped/edited pics on FB for you. I have to figure out if you can grab my pics from photobucket?

Did you say at some point you thought you could upload pics right to the DIS now??? I've got Tweedlebrain and can't figure it out. :crazy:

Ok, just going to use photobucket since I cannot figure it out. Should I do an introduction? I don't have a ton of time but I should post something!

HI! I'm Karen, TweedleDee as well as Tweedlebossy in the above photo.

246300_186162654_XLarge.jpg

That's me, waving at you. :teeth: I'm 41 years old (disclaimer: I'll be 42 in a mere week!). I'm married to the love of my life and we live in rural Missouri with our three teenagers. (twoboysandmygirl...get it?) I have my own petsitting business and homeschool my 14 year old daughter. The boys are in college now!

familyjanuary2015%20015.jpg

I have been running for quite a few years, sometimes with many many injuries. I ran my first half marathon last year at the Princess Half 2014 and I ran it injured. Severe runners knee hit about a month before the race during my long runs and even though I loved the experience of my first half, it was a painful one. This year I was determined to get stronger and really enjoy myself during the races. I met TweedleDum here on the DIS and also the Cupcakes that we had many adventures with. If you see me capitalize Cupcake, I'm talking about people, if I don't capitalize it, I'm talking about the yummy kinds you eat...

What else? I'm a bit of a photosnob, I'm picky about my photography but this trip was not for taking photos, so there will be many shots that are just snapshots. I was having too much fun to worry about my pics this trip.

I'm a bit snarky and sarcastic, but my TweedleDum rivals me in these areas. If you don't like dry humor, you might not care much for our TweedleSnark! Sorrynotsorry. :rolleyes1

I don't know what else to put here but I'm sure as soon as I walk away from the computer I'll remember some more. :p

Bring on the Cupcakes, the booze, and the running!

Last edited:
Time for My Intro...

I guess my color will be red. Although my Tweed brain will forget half the time to change it to red. (see I had to go back and edit because I already forgot to change to Red)

Hi. I'm Nicole.

Aka as Tweedle Dum or Confused Tweedle.

I started running about 2 years ago. I didn't love it. In fact, I would use the word 'hate' for it.. but I kept at it. I did Wine & Dine in 2013 and soon enough I found myself planning PHM for 2015. Because like a recent Cupcake said.. "I'm a Masochist but not in a 50 Shades type of way" (couldn't have said it better Edie!)

Somewhere in the training for PHM I found some stuff out about myself & running and have decided I don't hate it. (Notice I am NOT using the word love). Also in training for PHM this year I injured myself on a long indoor track run (IT Band) and that injury came into play for this weekend.. which made me have a running experience similar to what my Tweedle had last year when she ran.

I work at a software company & am married to the man affectionately termed "Cap't Kill-Joy" for his ability to harsh my Disney mellow. He did not come along this trip and so the only harshin' was the Elsa weather & my injury. I am also mom to 3 girls- they keep me hopping. And now I have to go hunt through for a picture since Karen posted one of her family and has made me feel guilty.

Aww, here's one from our last June's cruise....

I like to take pictures and scrapbook. But I post what I take. All good picture credit goes to Karen. I have a great ability to ruin a selfie as well. I also love reading and netflix binging. Ha! Least one of those is a healthy hobby. (Netflix Binging, of course, duh!)

I am very sarcastic and my mouth has gotten me into trouble many times... but thankfully I found my sarcastic/snark Tweed and we got along wonderfully. I love to write but am actually quite shy in person.....

(Above picture was taken without alcohol).

Life is good at Disney. So here's to a fantastic Trip! Cheers & Cupcakes!

Last edited:

Hi Tweedles! I'm here to follow along! Cupcake Anastasia officially signed on for your adventures!

Yay! I've been wanting to run a Disney race. I'm excited to follow along with your trip.

This sounds like a fun one!

Jill in CO

Yhea, thanks for joining along! It's not Hawaii, but it does have alcoholic drinks in Pineapples in it! :)

Hi Tweedles! I'm here to follow along! Cupcake Anastasia officially signed on for your adventures!

Amy's here! Yhea! I'm sure you are looking forward to a recap of 5 butts shoved in a backseat of a safari post!

Yay! I've been wanting to run a Disney race. I'm excited to follow along with your trip.

There is nothing like a Disney Race! Nothing! I've done Wine & Dine and now PHM. It's why I run! :goodvibes

Thanks for following along our Tweedle adventures!

I am here... Can't wait to see some um drunken photos. Whatever happened to the princess that got kicked out of Jelly Rolls? I know jumping ahead but oh the stories I know you two have to share!

Yay Tweedles!! I feel like a slacker. ha ha.

Karen was being bossy with me last night and this morning about a title and starting it- if we all recall, I like to spend months and months (and months) writing Trip Reports. Karen will force me to have this done quicklike. This is Karen telling me what to do ----> :hyper2:

Cupcake Drizella on board...

Yhea, the Cupcake Queen and favorite selfie taker is here! :love:

I am here... Can't wait to see some um drunken photos. Whatever happened to the princess that got kicked out of Jelly Rolls? I know jumping ahead but oh the stories I know you two have to share!

I have to say... Cammy and Tammie are the winners with drinking! We couldn't compete! #Tweedledrinkfail Although we may have won Sunday.... as we had about 6 at Jellyrolls, I feel...

We did not find those princesses face down outside of Jellyrolls so not really sure what happened to them.... It's possible they are in jail as they were looking for confrontation AND were twerking randomly.. so I dunno?!?! :scared:

I beg to differ...Cammy beat me on the drinking thing! I started out strong but finished so weakly!

Woohoo! Can't wait to read about the Tweedle adventures!

Yhea, thanks for joining the Tweedles!

I beg to differ...Cammy beat me on the drinking thing! I started out strong but finished so weakly!

You performed impressively. Plus we downed that Lapu together! :thumbsup2
Next time we need more time AFTER the race instead of before! We just didn't want to drink Friday/Saturday because of the races!

Hi Tweedles! Joining in as well!

Howdy Cupcake Gretchen! Thanks for hopping on over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter